Art: Breaking in to Toy Design
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Breaking in to Toy Design

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Breaking in to Toy Design

Years ago I stumbled into designing a toy for a company. I was promised to get the toy once it was made but that never came to be and to be honest after a few months I forgot about it. I finally went on Amazon tracked it down and bought it. When it came in the mail I was giddy! It was so cool to see my artwork in a physical form. It made me wonder what I needed to do to get more work like that. When I searched online for info I had a hard time finding anything in one specific spot. So I thought it would be a good idea if in the process of getting the info I compiled what I found and presented it to the world on my blog. So I did. Please check em out and let me know what you think!

Series of Articles on Breaking into Toy Design:
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4
    Part 5

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your work looks great. I'm actually an art director at a big toy company. Getting a position as a toy designer at company that matters is a lot of luck. Being successful toy maker on your own only takes skill, taste and drive. I will pass your work to some designers at my company, we are always hiring freelance artists. It's great to have stuff under your belt, whether if it's been produced or not.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks so much. Be sure that you are sharing the artwork of the correct artist. We used a lot of work of established designers as examples for the articles. There are notes indicating who the artwork belongs to below the images. Thank you for your consideration!

Members who have read this thread: 1