Art: Little Red the Monster Hunter
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Little Red the Monster Hunter

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Little Red the Monster Hunter

I did this one for my 2 daughters, and wound up focusing on learning more about opposing light sources. Had a lot of fun and learned a lot!

Name:  Little-Red-Large.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  298.2 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Honestly, I don't like it. Its just SO typically "omg look at this picture guys, I mean you can see her tits and everything". It serves no purpose, the character design does nothing but trying to flaunt her being female, and while thats fine ( I guess ) it just, well, its lacking. Its really empty, theres nothing that make me goes, ha, thats neat, thats cool, or what a cool play on an idea.

The hair and body is quite weirdly shaded, kind of muddy and not really textured to suit the feel, for example the skin looks dirty and muddy, not -actually- dirty or muddy, but blotchy, like you've used the wrong brush.

Overall, this is just a "piece of ass". The body, the boobs especially are wrong, boobs aren't like this, and its just that false weak concept. I think if all you're thinking of is your potential male viewers you're going to weaken your artwork. I'm not saying its bad, I'm saying that, I as a chick, quite appreciate a female form. Its pretty, nice, soft, and beautiful. I can appreciate it as much as the male form, but I don't go around Favoriting every picture of a man with no top on killing some deer, and your work is essentially that for the male viewers. Concepts showing stomach or boobs don't have to be bad, Its not actually the clothes, but the overall entire theme that bugs me. Its just, the level and quality.

Anyway, thats my personal perception, this piece could be stronger if you had looked at anatomy, poses and fluid motions of the body, and made the character more realistic/approachable, the actual belief you could meet her and see her like that makes characters believable, and you kinda want that. Else its not really going to be a good character design, y'know?

I'm sure this sounds really negative, and I'm sorry it is coming across that way, don't take it personally. Just think a little further next time. Good luck.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.