I'm a hungry newbie here! Need your help on my work guys!
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: I'm a hungry newbie here! Need your help on my work guys!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face I'm a hungry newbie here! Need your help on my work guys!

Hi Guys!

Let me know what you think about my work. It's a recent sketch. I'm badly wanting to improve my skills. And still practicing.

I'd be glad to hear anything from you guys.

THANKS!!!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to savedamonster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Personally, I really like this piece. It's nicely rendered and has a great atmosphere to it. My only suggestion would be to maybe push the highlights a bit more on your environment, it seems just a bit muddy. Especially on those rock pillars, I feel like they should be catching more light from the sun considering their position.

But seriously, really great stuff.

Here is my Tumblr
    Here is my Twitter

4. The Following User Says Thank You to flackattack For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like it a lot. Reminds me "Prometheus" a bit, donīt know why.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Goremageddon For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This is really cool. Your doing a great job of pushing the focal the point. I would try to add a little more detail on the guy maybe add some sharp contrasts of light and dark. I also would add a little more detail on the rock formations around him.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tjmsaint For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I like the composition. I do see a couple of things you might want to look at.

The first thing is the lighting on the floating sphere.

The second is the structural integrity of the second big rock thing. Iím having difficulty believing itís not about to come crashing down with all the weight being over that bite out of the support.

Thereís also some kind of green and purple halo effect around the edges of some of your rocks.

The last thing is the lens flair. A lot of people frown on the use of such filters.

Anyway, thatís about it from me. Keep up the good work!

Last edited by David_a_ray; November 9th, 2012 at 03:03 PM. Reason: fixed king to kind

10. The Following User Says Thank You to David_a_ray For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's a good sketch. I agree with the above comments and feel that Any adjustments to make this better are pretty minor. But if you really want to get better, the best advice I have for you is to draw. It's all about repetition. If you feel that you are weak in a certain area go and draw it and keep at it til you feel something else is weaker and then go draw that. The same holds true for painting.

Simple is not Easy.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JOELB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by flackattack View Post
    Personally, I really like this piece. It's nicely rendered and has a great atmosphere to it. My only suggestion would be to maybe push the highlights a bit more on your environment, it seems just a bit muddy. Especially on those rock pillars, I feel like they should be catching more light from the sun considering their position.

But seriously, really great stuff.

Thanks flackattack! Yeah, i think you're right about pushing the highlights. They do look flat as i see it now. But I'm kinda lazy to redo this. Haha. I'll just keep this as it is to remind me on what areas I should improve on. I'll try to do better on my next work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremageddon View Post
    I like it a lot. Reminds me "Prometheus" a bit, donīt know why.

Well, I saw Prometheus few days prior to making this sketch. I probably was subconsciously influenced by the movie.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by tjmsaint View Post
    This is really cool. Your doing a great job of pushing the focal the point. I would try to add a little more detail on the guy maybe add some sharp contrasts of light and dark. I also would add a little more detail on the rock formations around him.

Thanks Tjmsaint!

I appreciate that. I'll keep that in mind for my next work.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by David_a_ray View Post

The second is the structural integrity of the second big rock thing. I’m having difficulty believing it’s not about to come crashing down with all the weight being over that bite out of the support.

There’s also some kind of green and purple halo effect around the edges of some of your rocks.

The last thing is the lens flair. A lot of people frown on the use of such filters.

Anyway, that’s about it from me. Keep up the good work!

Thanks David! What you said is very helpful, i appreciate that. I'll keep these in mind. But for the lens flair, well, photoshop is photoshop.. i don't really mind utilizing what it can do.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

The second is the structural integrity of the second big rock thing. I’m having difficulty believing it’s not about to come crashing down with all the weight being over that bite out of the support.

There’s also some kind of green and purple halo effect around the edges of some of your rocks.

Thanks David! What you said is very helpful, i appreciate that. But for the lens flair, well, photoshop is photoshop.. i don't really mind utilizing what it can do.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JOELB View Post
    It's a good sketch. I agree with the above comments and feel that Any adjustments to make this better are pretty minor. But if you really want to get better, the best advice I have for you is to draw. It's all about repetition. If you feel that you are weak in a certain area go and draw it and keep at it til you feel something else is weaker and then go draw that. The same holds true for painting.
    Thanks Joelb! That's a pretty good reminder for me. Repetition is the key to mastery. Thanks for that.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks David! What you said is very helpful. But for the lens flair, well, photoshop is photoshop.. i don't really mind utilizing what it can do.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks David! What you said is very helpful. But for the lens flare, well, photoshop is photoshop.. i don't really mind utilizing what it can do.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Please bring the character and the robot-thing closer. I saw this and instantly wanted to know more about THEM in the scene, not just the scene itself.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Even if Prometheus isn't a good film... The environment are great. So it's yours. Like other said push the light a little more to gain more depth.
    Keep this beautiful works and show us more.

"The fulfillment of oneself is achieved with victory over their challenges"
    My thought

My SkEtChBoOk

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.