Art: character critique
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: character critique

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

character critique

Hey everyone. I'm a new member to these forums. I actually posted this character the other day in another section of this website but it never showed up. I didn't notice the graphic design section here on conceptart.org and I think it would be more appropriate to ask for critiques here.

I recently started messing around with illustrator in order to increase my knowledge of other art and design programs. I made this pig sheriff character hoping it would be a nice demonstration of my illustrator skill. I'd really like some thoughts and feedback from other artists on this piece. It's my first real work in illustrator not counting some simple things I did in school way back when.

Sooo, when I look at the character and look at other artists work done in illustrator, I think it could use a lot of work. I'm thinking I should add more shading and maybe change line width here and there. Anyway, I'd really appreciate any tips or where and how I can improve my pig sheriff character. Thanks guys.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your image using the illustrator looks "unfinished" . Add more details eg: highlights, shades, lines that will define each part . Post your revision here, I would love to see it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I gotta agree with lanotdesign in that it looks unfinished. Maybe add a thicker or darker outline to the character?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thank you for the critiques lan, felis. I finished this project a little while ago and I coulda swore I put up an update on here. I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out but if you all have any other comments or suggestions, I'll look into making the changes.

I'm thinking of maybe turning this thread into more of an adobe illustrator sketchbook thread instead of making more threads. Anyway, here's an update for my pig sheriff character. And something new I've been working on.

I'm working on this videogame-y looking landscape using illustrator. It's kinda hard trying to decide how much detail I should add. Anyway, any critiques would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Members who have read this thread: 2