Do I REALLY need to learn Photoshop?! - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dusty View Post
    With only 13 posts under your belt, I'd say you have picked up pretty quickly.
    I've been posting here for years and I can say, honestly, that yes most threads DO essentially end up saying the same thing.

But it is a truth that a lot of people are looking for the "quick tip" that will fix all of their frustrations. And the reality of art is that there is no quick tip. Sure, you might be digging around in the tutorial section and find some neat tip that helps your workflow in PS, but that isn't going to make you a better artist. It's not going to solve HOW you approach frustration, defeat, and lack of motivation. All people can really do here is explain that yes, all of this is normal. And yes, you just need to push past it and work harder.

Whatever gives you that motivation to work harder is up to you.

Hell there are times where I'll still think about making a thread when I ask myself "Hmmm..... ... have I really looked into this enough. I need to give it at least a decent effort and have a specific question in mind before posting."

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JFierce For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well Alice, I wasn't talking about quality of the story (personnally, I think they are generic) but in a technical standpoint. And you have to consider that the short films were enterely made alone. That's why they aren't that long (they last between 30 seconds and 1 minute). But I get your point.

And guys, my problem to post stuff here is about the right format and sizes of images that I have trouble with.

------------
    The Alien Gentleman

http://legrosclown.deviantart.com/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Legrosclown View Post
    Well Alice, I wasn't talking about quality of the story (personnally, I think they are generic) but in a technical standpoint. And you have to consider that the short films were enterely made alone. That's why they aren't that long (they last between 30 seconds and 1 minute). But I get your point.

And guys, my problem to post stuff here is about the right format and sizes of images that I have trouble with.
    Legros: Oh, I completely understand - I had to make a film in school as well. (An awful, awful film that will never see the light of day again.) Have you made a production schedule for yourself yet? (Where are you in your production schedule? If you're talking about color, is it safe to assume your boards are done?)

Well. In my experience I always tended towards display images that were no bigger than 800x600 pixels (yeah, old school resolution!) 72 DPI, and jpg with quality set to maximum. IIRC you can upload other file types as well, and the uploader should be able to give you a list.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Alice Herring For This Useful Post:

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Legrosclown View Post
    Might be a good reason to learn Photoshop then.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Alice Herring View Post
    Legros: Oh, I completely understand - I had to make a film in school as well. (An awful, awful film that will never see the light of day again.) Have you made a production schedule for yourself yet? (Where are you in your production schedule? If you're talking about color, is it safe to assume your boards are done?)
    I only did character designs, background designs, a beatboard, the first draft of my script and the first draft of my storyboard. I will have to make some changes to make it better. I'm pretty much still in the pre-production of my short film.
    I more or less have a production schedule, just dates the teachers gave us to give in certain parts of the pre-production.

What do have in mind Alice?

------------
    The Alien Gentleman

http://legrosclown.deviantart.com/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 1