Where to start?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Where to start?

(Terra Firma) or England, North Yorkshire
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Where to start?

I'm new to the forums so hello all, and sorry if there's 100's of posts like this but I'm really stuck of what to do, so any advise small or big would be much appreciated.

I'm 20 years old I'm looking for some sort of Entertainment design & or concept art course Illustration too I'm interested in all. But where i live in the UK doesn't necessarily seem the best place for studying these, that i have found any way. I have found allot of courses that incorporate 3d modelling with these but im not so interested in that side of things. I would like to do concept art and illustration work ideally.

I've got confused with what course to take. I've found basic illustration courses & ones more focused on game design (i haven't yet come across one that's entertainment design rather than gaming, hear in the UK at least).
    So is it a necessity to take a entertainment design course, or a game design course if your looking to do illustration and concept art in the entertainment business? Can strait up illustration courses set you on the right path as well if I want to enter the film/TV or game industry?
    What's the best rout to go down?

Also the other BIG hurdle I'm going to have to face is when i was younger i couldn't sit my GCSE's due to health issues, that have cleared up now. I do have a qualification in photography however, yes I do know i will find it hard to get into a course another reason I'm asking for advise what steps to take and what not. Like maybe ill have take some basic art courses before i can take any of the above, I don't know.

Thank you for your time & advise on these subjects...

Also I've looked into industrial design I'm guessing that's an equivalent to entertainment design but no fiction involved.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Depends...

Everything depends on how hard will you work. Also quality of teachers in school you will pick.
    I hope you read this http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...considering-it

(Terra Firma) or England, North Yorkshire
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by piskorz View Post
    Depends...

Everything depends on how hard will you work. Also quality of teachers in school you will pick.
    I hope you read this http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...considering-it
    Yeah i have read that thread before thanks, if some of my answers are in there and missed them apologies. Ill have a look through it again

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.