Looking for art classes in Toronto
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Looking for art classes in Toronto

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Looking for art classes in Toronto

Greetings fellow Torontonians! Do you know of a good place for a beginner student to study the fine arts? I'm currently studying at the University of Toronto - which means that I'm perpetually broke (student debts are super fun) and almost always hanging around the downtown core. Convenience and cost are definitely important factors here, but I'm open to any suggestions.

Specifically, I hope to get into animation one day (and I hear life drawing and figure drawing are extremely important, so suggestions along this vein will be much appreciated). Thanks in advance!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi! Hmmm, I'm abit unclear on what you want exactly. Do you want a fine arts degree? You can go to York or OCAD for that. Or do you want to build your skills to apply for animation?

With the latter, there are open life drawing sessions all over toronto, we really are quite lucky with the avaliabity and the prices. check this link for http://www.heatherlleach.com/2012/01...te-012012.html sessions. I personally go to artist 25, cosy, cheapest and easles and boards for drawing. There is also an animation portfolio workshop that starts every year, I've seen their results they look impressive, but the cost is about 4k a year.
    good luck~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes, I meant the latter. :3 thanks for the link.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You might try the Academy of Realist Art at Dundas and Pacifica (near Keele). They have a website at www.academyofrealistart.com.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to wcol0952 For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 1