Disney acquires Lucasfilm for 4.05 billion, sets to release Star Wars Episode VII - Page 2
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to The Crazy Dude SRD For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by TASmith View Post
    Maybe they'll re-release the original trilogy, minus all the crappy additions?
    oh yes pls a special special edition where all the special stuff is removed. it would probably sell really good

Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by cedule View Post
    oh yes pls a special special edition where all the special stuff is removed. it would probably sell really good
    hell yeah, bye bye Haydn Christiacantact, bye bye loads of not very good 90s CGI shit everywhere, hello the version on TV in the 80s.

sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Flake View Post
    OK, No Lucas..I'm alright with that.

Give me a Neil Marshall or Quentin Tarantino Star Wars film..

I'd watch that. Do it.
    Oh God no to the latter. I'm getting tired of Tarantino ego masturbation dialog.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 936 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    If you guys are looking for the original versions on DVD. They were each packaged as "bonus discs" when the trilogy was released on DVD a few years ago.
    Only reason I bought that set. I still have not watched the "special" versions. Never even took them out the box.

Its bullshit that they did not get their own release, but hey I'm still very happy with them.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Eater For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 607 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    Oh God no to the latter. I'm getting tired of Tarantino ego masturbation dialog.
    Aww, you know Star Wars could use some racial slurs thrown in.

Heck, it'd give him free range to invent NEW ones!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I never understood all the hate for the prequels .... there are dozens of people making hourlong videos explaining why they are bad and the plot is ridiculous - yet its the same people that accept that the deathstar been blown up by a little rocket shot into a vent is a masterpiece of cinematic history .... for me all the hating is just a fucked up trend that everybody joins to feel "right about something" ...sure the films arent particular great but they do indeed give a conclusive picture of the events prior to episodes 4-6, given that episode 1 is a bit tedious and episode 3 feels a bit rushed and cramped in places but still they are great fun to watch.

And even comparing the characters, the acting, the general plot ideas they are much deeper than the original films ever were, but I know stating that will only put you in the " you know NOTHING kid!" position. Cause not hopping on the "only the first 3 films were really good" train will put you there.

P.S. I am not saying episodes 4-6 are bad ! so dont even start on that.

Last edited by Partisan; October 31st, 2012 at 08:26 AM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Partisan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Partisan View Post
    for me all the hating is just a fucked up trend that everybody joins to feel "right about something"
    I don't know about it being a "trend" or "everybody"

I just don't like the prequels because I think they are shit.

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Star Eater For This Useful Post:

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The reason I didn't like the Prequels was that the characters weren't very likable. It made it difficult to want to follow you weren't interested in the "protagonist". I know 3 was the payoff for the start of 4...but I think it would have been better if you liked him in the beginning and it broke your heart to see what was going on. Since they failed in that aspect it made it hard to like the series. Other characters were rather irritating, so that didn't help either.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    but this is gonna be HUGE. i mean HUAGE. Nobody has mentioned the books so far, now this has been an idea for a long time and george almost scrapped it saying he was too old... Basically the thrawn trilogy is coming AAAAAWWWWW YEAAAAA. Thrawn notably being known as like the sun tzu of the star wars universe. If it doesnt get dumbed down its gonna rock. THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN. o yea o yea buddy.

dpaint is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,883 Times in 2,355 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Saw this on facebook this morning

Attached Images Attached Images  

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dpaint For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by dpaint View Post
    Saw this on facebook this morning
    noooooo!! hahahaha!!! to funny.

TASmith is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,108 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    "for me all the hating is just a fucked up trend that everybody joins to feel "right about something""

No, it was due to the feeling many original fans had that the first prequel had shat all over their childhood memories. There are many issues with the prequels that Red Letter Media addressed, but to me a fundamental flaw was - was this a kid's flick or something for adults? None of them were ever realistic, but that wasn't the issue. (And, none of them are deep either. Grapes of Wrath is deep. This stuff is popcorn for the mind. Or fireworks.) The first two were a flashy screen version of sci-fi pulp that teens and adults loved. It was a romance with space wizards and knights, and shit. Then George Lucas decided he could somehow turn this space age war story into a kid's flick - like somehow all the pretty lights make it okay? Like it's a Christmas in Warland vibe? So he invented neanderthal, tarzan teddybears to defeat the space marines and then he repeated the ending of the first film. Yay!

And then this conceptually flawed approach to story telling made its way to all the prequels. It's okay that kids are watching wars because one side is just robots (fuck thoze guyz) while the other has a big floppy rabbit falling over his own shit while hanging from tank cannons. Oh that's so funny! How they had a big war, and yet they didn't show anyone die. Okay little Suzie, you can watch this! Oops, oh wait! Some jedi just got her head chopped off! And the bad guy just killed a room full of kids! OMG! Don't worry Suzie, light sabers aren't real! You'll be safe at school tomorrow!

You get the feeling he did this not to be true to the story, but so he could merchandise toys to kids without parents complaining about the violence. The irony is it's mostly adult fans who buy the toys.

All I'm saying is, if you wanna make a film that's for all ages, you might want to leave out war as a topic. Unless you're a really, really good writer/director. And all the pretty art and effects in the world won't polish a turd.

Last edited by TASmith; October 31st, 2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: spelling, clarity, added content

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TASmith For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Name:  18893L.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  159.7 KB

[url=http://galleryonefone.blogspot.com[/url] This would be my gallery in Sweden

This would be my Pleine Air blog

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to timpaatkins For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,343 Times in 1,208 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I liked the first three but man, there's a lot of stuff out there to like that isn't Star Wars. If the new movies are good then great and if they're not then oh well, I'm sure something good will turn up eventually.

*** Sketchbook * Landscapes * Portfolio * Store***

"There are two kinds of students: the self-taught and the hopeless."
    - Dr. Piotr Rudnicki

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Now tha Disney owns Star wars what happens to Family guy and rrobot chicken Star wars episodes ?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    The star wars prequel 'hating' is because there's a damn well lot to hate. Once again George Lucas used to give a shit, spent time and effort. Then with the prequels he threw together shit that makes no sense, then just started throwing as much shit on screen as humanly possible. Started crap with a senate, cartoon rabbits, tried to make it a damn love story without any real setup as a love story, along with none of the badguys plans or really anyones actions in the entire movies making much sense.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

This news has damaged my favored view on Star Wars as a whole. They aren't going to start doing musicals when there's suppose to be a big violent fight scene, are they?

"If you see a person jumping down the street, you can tell his preferences by shooting at the guy. If he starts whining, he plays Counter-Strike. If he charges you wielding an axe, you just interrupted a Morrowind player buffing his Acrobatics."

"Mournhold city of Light, city of Magic!"

Apathy is Death

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some new info that's come out, though it seems to be conflicting with other sources: Twentieth Century Fox will be keeping the distribution rights for "A New Hope" in perpetuity. So for any sort of boxed release of the original or prequel trilogy to come out, a deal must be struck between Disney and TCF. They also have theatrical, nontheatrical and home video rights worldwide to the other five films in the series through May 2020.

This is conflicting other reports though that say Disney takes over all distribution duties, and Fox will no longer be involved.

Some other info:

Disney is planning to release more Star Wars games, though geared for mobile and social media, instead of PC or consoles.

Disney is also planning to release new live-action and animated Star Wars series for DisneyXD, ABC, and other channels. Clone Wars will continue to be on Cartoon Network until its contract is up, at which point it will migrate to DisneyXD.

Willow, Howard the Duck, and Red Tails were part of the deal. This means the dream of a Howard the Duck remake is very possible now (I had to really fight back laughter while typing that.)

They did acquire Indiana Jones as a franchise, but because Paramount currently holds the distribution rights it seems unlikely a new film will be made soon.

Disney is planning to be the sole handler of sales for "Star Wars" toys in order to increase profits overseas, where middlemen take a portion of the earnings. Toys will begin to show up in Disney parks and stores all over the world.

Got this info from: http://www.worstpreviews.com/headlin...=26538&count=0 and the conflicting info was from darkhorizons.com.

TASmith is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,108 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Howard the duck has camp value. I'd watch it over the prequels.

"tried to make it a damn love story without any real setup as a love story, along with none of the badguys plans or really anyones actions in the entire movies making much sense."

Exactly. And considering Amadala was like 10 years older than Vader when they first met, and he was just a kid, how would their relationship be anything other than familial? You want to tell me Padme's gonna wait ten years for Vader to grow up so she can get the hots for him? When she's meeting all sorts of intergalactic eligible bachelors at ritzy parties all throughout the universe? Or was she a pedophile? It's been my general experience that young women tend to favor older men, not the other way around.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So, Episode 7...will we see a return of Hamill, Fisher and Ford?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nah, anyone whose anyone knows it'll be Selena Gomez as Leia, Shia LeBouf as Han Solo, and Justin Bieber as Luke Skywalker!

In all seriousness, if they were to do like, a 20 year gap like they have between the prequel and original trilogy, Ford and the gang would fit fine for the age, somewhat. I can't see Fisher coming back though. Hamill might be game, he seems to take it all in stride. I would wonder if Ford would hate the idea, though considering he did Indiana Jones again, who knows what the hell might happen.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    More likely it'll take the time frame of the comics The Dark Empire trilogy, Crimson Empire, or The Jedi Knight series, heck even the Star Wars Legacy series if they're going far enough. I wonder if Kyle Katarn will be in the movie along with Mara Jade Skywalker and the whole new Jedi academy?

Harrison Ford didn't seem to happy about the last Indiana Jones movie, and he really didn't want to do Star Wars when it was starting out. Mark Hamil seems like he'll be up for it though, but well, I don't pry into their personal lives enough to know for sure.

Last edited by 13thprotector; October 31st, 2012 at 03:28 PM.
    "If you see a person jumping down the street, you can tell his preferences by shooting at the guy. If he starts whining, he plays Counter-Strike. If he charges you wielding an axe, you just interrupted a Morrowind player buffing his Acrobatics."

"Mournhold city of Light, city of Magic!"

Apathy is Death

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It is confirmed though that the new movie won't be based on any existing material. Which means no Timothy Zahn books, Jedi Knight series, Crimson Empire, etc. Whatever it is, it's apparently of original (or, as original as it can be) cloth.

http://updates.io9.com/post/34708935...e-all-original

People will probably be upset, but did anyone honestly expect anything different?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i still think its gonna be thrawn (dark empire i think...) lucas always said he wanted to make that film. the only series im routing for.

who would play leia? Angelina jolie?

what about han solo heh.....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,191 Times in 293 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Ford is a trooper, dust off the spiderwebs between his wrinkels and dudes all ready to rock.

I donīt think is surprising at all that it was Disney who acquired the rights, is not exactly a cheap purchase, if anyone can afford something like that is Disney.

I already commented on this yesterday, i was very anoyed by all the flaming going on, Disney is not a dark cloud of evil consuming the all beautiful and pure Star Wars franchise as some will make it out to be. Lucas already turned it into a cash cow years ago, they are simply on the hands of a different money making machine, thats all.

Letīs not fool ourselves, another Star Wars movie ( or ten) were bound to happen, everyone knew that wasnīt going to end there after episode 3. At least without Georgie on the directorīs chair and Disney production values it may actually be good or at least fresh, ...or not, but wathever the case i second Demo on the Stop bitching initiative.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah, at the end of the day you look at Lucas' track record and Disney's track record, and you'd put the smart money on Disney putting out a better movie. Out of 4 Star Wars movie that Lucas wrote exclusively, he's only got one that stands out (and that's because it's from his days of actually taking other people's advice and tweaking his work until it was great.) So yeah, I don't understand people saying they'll ruin Lucasfilm, or Star Wars won't be the same. It's like saying the Titanic will get more wrecked because a second iceberg will dive down and run into it.

What is troubling out of all of this, and it's a small thing, is the fact that Disney absorbed yet another massive entertainment company, adding to their big, big stable. There's now more things under fewer tents. I'm extremely pessimistic over stuff like that, as I can't see this sort of consolidation of entities being anything but bad for creativity and competition, especially with a company as fierce over their IP protection as Disney is.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JDSart View Post
    but wathever the case i second Demo on the Stop bitching initiative.
    Why should they? People can express how they feel about the news in this thread. Nobody knows if its going to be good or bad so
    both parties are in the same boat.

37. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Eater For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgonzola View Post
    Nah, anyone whose anyone knows it'll be Selena Gomez as Leia, Shia LeBouf as Han Solo, and Justin Bieber as Luke Skywalker!

In all seriousness, if they were to do like, a 20 year gap like they have between the prequel and original trilogy, Ford and the gang would fit fine for the age, somewhat. I can't see Fisher coming back though. Hamill might be game, he seems to take it all in stride. I would wonder if Ford would hate the idea, though considering he did Indiana Jones again, who knows what the hell might happen.
    as long as ben affleck or robert downey jr do not play as han solo i'm ok lol.

Last edited by creeptool; October 31st, 2012 at 05:06 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Except that once again I don't think anyones said anything bad really about them taking control of Marvel. Don't see any competition between them and DC dwindling. There wasn't exactly any competition with Star Wars either. Star Trek was in the genre and such. But not really competing. Also don't think it's going to be bad for creativity since once again. The series has been in a downward spiral. People enjoy ragging on it because how bad the previous 3 were.

In all honesty they could revive the series if they do fresh and new everything. Don't try to make it a replica of the past films and use the setting but not the previous shit in it. Which is possible with a new director if they actually care about giving a real shot at it.

I don't know a lot about Disneys absorption record, I know they're in the top 6 biggest media titans. But eh, at least I don't see Disney pushing hard for big political agendas or trying to control minds (as far as I know)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.