cyborg girl
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: cyborg girl

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

cyborg girl

im doing some concept art for a cyborg girl, the brief was that i had to fit the model given and to make her sexy. Plus because the brief is for a cyborg girl she has to have enough human to robotic body parts.Name:  Screen Shot 2012-10-25 at 15.08.19.png
Views: 5689
Size:  943.0 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,658 Times in 1,620 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Why do you use the same body model to draw over for all your images? I just feel like that limits what you could do with the designs, so unless you're forced to use that, I'd ditch it.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First question I had was about why the right leg wasn't covered. I think you're trying to show very clearly that shes part machine, but you're already doing that with the other parts. In the whole, the image and she looks very together, so it kind of breaks concept when she doesnt have the same type of legs. Secondly, Im not liking the windshield in front of her. This has no apparent function and looks like its added just for making it look cyborg-y. Try to envision the cyborgs' function first and make the design to fit.

"..now, to unleash screaming temporal doom.."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well firstly this body model was a must in the breif i was set, like i said up top.

i though that she could be a hacker so the screen on her chest would be like a computer face so that when she's hacking she can do all the coding etc once properly rendered i might give it a more holograph feel so its not so solid at the edges like the hologram in the film paycheck

with the whole different legs etc im looking into body modification and people dont get all of their body done in one sitting i tends to be a gradual thing so i wanted each body part to be slightly different to show the time laps of getting the modifications due to scientific

i was thinking about having an unclothed and clothed model when tackling the brief so that if other clothes are given, you'll know whats where.

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,658 Times in 1,620 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by charlottefranks View Post
    well firstly this body model was a must in the breif i was set, like i said up top.
    Okay so all your threads (the soldier, the Seven sins project) are for something that forces you to use the same models over and over and over? And judging by the fact that you never post any other sketches (like preliminary studies, silhouettes, ideas etc), those aren't allowed either? Sheesh, I'm starting to wonder what they're thinking in your school or whatever you're doing these for.

i though that she could be a hacker so the screen on her chest would be like a computer face so that when she's hacking she can do all the coding etc
    If she's a cyborg, why not giver her sciency glasses (like the eye visor in Dragon Ball Z) or robot eyes so she doesn't need to squint ten centimeter in front of her?
    Trying to look too close is not fun or very useful, whether the shield is a holograph or not, and if it's a holograph, it could just float in front of her head.
    Also if these modifications are things that people want for themselves, I'd put more thought into making them more fashionable, since it's more than likely that any corporation that sells those would immediately start to cash in on making extra special, elegant, patterned, modelled etc etc robot arms and such, as well as consider who this character is as a person and what made her choose those specific modifications.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I see what is the brief, but I woud recommend you make a lot of thumbmail before trying to do anything at this size. This 3D model is just an help for the finals, and it help the 3D artists to understand costume proportions and texture, because all the characters have the same body it's easier for them.

Now you are not stuck to it for you preliminary research. Try a lot of ideas, try with only black shape to see if your design is still readible, try to make it balanced with value and then go for colors... If you aim directly for a final model without even test it, you will have some problems, in one look everyone should understand what is this character and what is it supposed to do, or how it act...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For this idea i have done over 34 sketches etc including silhouetting, rough drawings and then digital development. i didnt think people would want to see all of what leads up to this stage. i can still make changes to this, so everything you guys say i will think about.

But would like to say that ive only just started in this area as my course is a visual communication course which doesnt have set guidelines so theres a lot of self taught aspects when you find your area.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    OK, I see the shield use then, but this would probably be set either further from her face as a bigger "screen" or as a UI closer to the eye.
    The main problem I see though, is that you have these horrorfilm graft areas with huge visible wiring that goes into the skin, and low grade springs, joints and machine parts, and even in present time you would have way better solutions than that.

Last edited by Inkrabid; October 29th, 2012 at 04:45 PM.
    "..now, to unleash screaming temporal doom.."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Inkrabid For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 1