Art: Black Magic
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Black Magic

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thumbs up Black Magic

Finished Work - "Black Magic"
    By and large ZBrush, and ended with Photoshop. With a little Maya in-between

Your comments and critique would be greatly appreciated.

Name:  BMAbsoluteFinal912x927.png
Views: 629
Size:  1.18 MB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is this a take on a voodoo doll concept? The composition and expression are pretty cool. I'm curious, though, what's going on with her neck?
    The things I see that you might want to tweak are her foreground hand: You got some perspective going on, and with the hand being the closest object in front, it should probably be a lot bigger.
    Secondly, her hair is a bit thin; I don't know if it should be exposing her ear that much.
    Thirdly, be careful of your layering of objects. The man's fist is butting right against her jaw-- such placement can make for some undesired effects.
    Hope that helps!

Fantasy Art and Comic Art at Vigistry.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    stay away from lens flare.. its not your friend unless your employing it in way thats not obvious at first glance. The font and logo are incredibly un-integrated and visually clunky. The mark making on the fabric, or i guess the intended texture on her clothes in stretching and comes off with an arbitrary impression.

her anatomy is very gelatinous and unconvincing. the fire looks pasted on, and skin texture looks like a rash. the look on her face is very unatural and screams not having influence from actual reference. you made both her iris and sclera a high saturated blue which appears to almost have back lighting.... the male figure she is holding lacks contrast and has odd placement composition ally.

Site
    BLOG

SketchBook

"it's much easier to scale up from simplicity than to scale back from complexity"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Robert.B For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.