Art: Online Atelier
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Online Atelier

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Online Atelier

Hi, please move this if you think it is in the wrong forum.

I wondered if anyone has had any experience with classicalartonline.com or classicalpalette.com?

I want to study the Atelier method and moving to another state is not an option for me in the next few years.

If you have any experience with one of the online ateliers mentioned above, would love to hear it.

Thanks!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Kolbenito.

If you are really driven to go through the tedious steps of working xx hours on a - letīs say Cast Drawing - then you can do it on your own with the means that you propably already have (camera for taking pictures - overlaying your drawing with the reference for comparison...)

Remember that 100% of the time on each artwork/exercise will be done by you - not the instructor, and all materials have to be obtained by you. So in my opinion - and I donīt want to shed a bad light (donīt know if I can say this in english - we say it here in Germany - I hope the message is clear) on these two online art courses - 200$ are really a lot. But there are people who are only motivated if they spend a lot of money on something. Thatīs true with a personal fitness coach as well as with art training.

So what I would suggest to you is to try it first with everything thatīs available online for free with yourself as your instructor. If you feel you need an instructor you can always skip to the online course.

Take a look at my website www.cast-drawing.com as a starting point. And maybe you can get feedback for free in your sketchbook or in the Fine Arts section of the forum (I personally seldomly look into the sketchbook forums).
    You can also take a look at my thread HERE where I show how I went through a classical training at home.

www.ClassicalAtelier@HOME.com
    My website for learning traditional fine art on your own! --- Derived from THIS thread at CA.org
    ------------ ♦ ♦ ♦ ------------
    www.cast-drawing.com
    drawing casts (geometric shapes, anatomical casts, skull), tutorials on Bargue drawing and cast drawing, Willow Charcoal, free drawing exercises

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bjoern3000 For This Useful Post:

dpaint is online now Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,883 Times in 2,355 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Something to consider as an in between solution is attending a workshop with someone like Robert Liberace. A week long workshop with 8 hour days can really get you on the right track for self improvement. I did that starting out and I found it really beneficial and much less than attending a school full time.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dpaint For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the ideas. I emailed both and looked at workshops by Robert Liberace. Pretty much have my workspace set up now to get serious about bargue drawing and casts into my daily drawing time. Going to put in some hours on this then make a decision. Workshops are a good idea because I can swing a couple weeks a year to do them. I have learned over the years that I learn best by seeing and then just hammering at it until i'm happy with what I can do on my own.

Thanks for the links, bjoern. Helpful to see what you did with your home atelier. Looking at your tutorials as well.

Last edited by Kolbenito; October 29th, 2012 at 11:00 AM.

Members who have read this thread: 1