AAGGHH!! Don't know which option to go for. HELP!!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation AAGGHH!! Don't know which option to go for. HELP!!

Hi, as you know i'm new here and got a crucial question. I'm looking at moving on and doing my artwork and illustrations digitally but not sure which systems to invest in. I've got a quite good PC that runs smooth and fast but after trying the imac for awhile, it just was a different experience. For a 2500 budget here are my options:

1.) 27" imac with a Wacom Intuos tablet
    2.) Wacom Cintiq 24HD

I really like the first option because I've got more room to work with in the 27" imac, but I'm not too keen on the Intuos tablets. The Cintiq in the otherhand should give me more precision and a more hands on experience, in my opinion it's better but workspace is smaller. I'm stuck as to which one to get.

Give me your thoughts please. Much appriciated.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,425 Times in 625 Posts
    Follows
    Following

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Partisan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the least you could do was drop your advice! way to treat new people on the forum buddy

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 936 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Get the cintiq. The workspace on the 24 cintiq is more than fine.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by AmirIllustrations View Post
    the least you could do was drop your advice! way to treat new people on the forum buddy
    We get this question a lot, lately they are getting snippy about it.
    Do you have some art samples or a link?
    Are you going to do anything else with this machine? If not, then cintiq might be the way to go. I do graphic design, layout, and such, so I'd need the imac.

www.findphil.com for a look at my older stuff
    www.facebook.com/vig.illustrationgraphics for recent stuff
    http://velikan.tumblr.com/ for the latest up-to-the-minute stuff, and process nonsense
    And finally, http://www.here-there-be-monsters.net/ is the place to be if you want to buy some of my work that has been kitted by the talented hand of Dave.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    So get one of those, and buy my 22HD cintiq for $1,800, and have some money to spare.

No but seriously, it sounds fantastic, but I personally don't know anything about what whitetree has suggested and would definitely read up on it first before truly endorsing it. The Cintiq 22HD, however, was certainly large enough to fill my needs, at least (and maybe a bit too large as it turns out). The main benefit of the 24HD as I see it is the articulating arm, but the thing weighs 60 pounds and takes up a lot more space because of it.

I wouldn't recommend getting either Cintiq with anything other than drawing in mind, however. The anti-glare coating is a bit distracting when you aren't focused on artin'.

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Reminder, don't discuss where to get bootlegs or piracy. It can earn you a permanent ban.
    http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...-banned-thread

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Arshes Nei For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thanks guys. I've yet to get the money in hand, like say in about a months time. I settled for the imac and the tablet as i won't be doing much conceptual work, although it could be a possibility in the near future. Thanks for the offer though Capn Mango. I'm working on a uni project right now and I'll try my best to post my work as i go along.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    not really a 'bootleg' per-say, they are rebranded components from the same factory as the distributor who makes the apple monitors, most of them being labeled as 'b-grade' because of small defects, ie: my monitor has 1 sad dead pixel on the R channel

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 936 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by whitetree View Post
    not really a 'bootleg' per-say, they are rebranded components from the same factory as the distributor who makes the apple monitors, most of them being labeled as 'b-grade' because of small defects, ie: my monitor has 1 sad dead pixel on the R channel
    You were told once. Now drop it.

Regardless, I think this topic can be closed. OP asked for advice, but has made his own choice anyway.

Last edited by Star Eater; October 29th, 2012 at 03:31 PM.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.