Sketchbook: Breloom's Sketchbook

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Breloom's Sketchbook

Hi, I decided to finally join up. Art is my passion, I have been working on my doodles and sketches and pieces in general for at least six years now.
    I am striving to always improve my art, and i want to be an illustrator or concept artist, I am an art major in college, though i just started so i haven't actually had any college art classes yet. I have taken life drawing classes though.
    I have been looking through other sketchbooks here and I see what my life drawing teacher meant about how I started the opposite way that most artists start/should start. I started with almost undefined things and lots of darkness, from that emerged to what was called very dark and odd. As of late I am working with much more color and trying different styles.

I love digital and using graphite and ultra thin tipped sharpies as far as preferred mediums go, though i mostly use mechanical pencils which I remember my art teacher detested. Painting isn't as much my thing, but i like watercolors and oils, acrylics not so much at the moment.

I am still working on realism, I feel I have improved a lot with it. Though I do wonder how much realism I should have in my art. I know many see it as important and I agree, but I think developed my own style. I always have drawn emotionally and have learned technical skills along the way. Any insight on realism or comments in general would be greatly appreciated.

Be prepared for many WIPs, a few of which I might post on the WIP showcase forum for help.

(FurnaceFish is older but i still love it anyway, Will fix him up sometime)
    (The green fellow on the bottom is a Cog from the old MMO Toontown, I love drawing them. If you are curious, this type is called a Big Cheese, the blob behind him will become a chair at some point in the future.)

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I also love the book Shade's Children. Incredibly bizarre and frightening.
    I drew most of the creatures at least once.
    From top to bottom the sketches are of:
    -Myrmidon with Silver Sun armor
    -Ferret
    -Tracker and Drone
    -Winger
    -Screamer (needs new design)

(sorry for slight blur, my best camera is my phone.)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    And here's these two. last two for now.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay,so I'd really like some help/crit, I know the picture is very rough and the most of the everything isn't defined and i usually hate posting things this unfinished, but i have actually been fiddling with it for a few days and I am starting to get discouraged on this particular drawing. I want to finish it so i can enter it into that Rise of the Guardians fan art contest.

I posted it here as I was reading the WIP forums and I wasn't sure if mine 'qualified' as it were.
    Attachment 1619195
    in case the general idea is not see-able, its a kid, possibly Jamie from the movie, just waking up and pulling out a flashlight and catching the Boogeyman (Pitch) looming over him.
    (and I know I to fix Pitch's eyes)
    So yeah, please help if you have a moment.

Members who have read this thread: 1