So i ordered the le1700 from ebay! But...
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: So i ordered the le1700 from ebay! But...

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

So i ordered the le1700 from ebay! But...

After my absolute frustration with the new ipad! I learned one thing:

-Rabid apple fanboys are idiots and amusing but shouldn't be taken seriously!

No seriously! Ipad is one of the worst things to consider for sketching and painting i took it because of the so called "pressure sensitive" stylus and guess what i found, almost over 300ms of input lentacy + only 16 apps supports it!

Anyway!

I ordered the motion computing le1700 from ebay for $144 shipped! So far i'm excited, but there's something that bothers me!

The device has a single core cpu! It has "core solo" so wondering how good it'll perform at sketching and more importantly, hardcore painting!

Appreciate any help!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Depends on the program you want to run on it.
    Photoshop will be lagging if you really want to make a full finished painting on it.
    But sketching should be fine
    Be sure to max the RAM as far as possible on this device.

Have fun with the motions. It's a nice tablet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixelwalker View Post
    Depends on the program you want to run on it.
    Photoshop will be lagging if you really want to make a full finished painting on it.
    But sketching should be fine
    Be sure to max the RAM as far as possible on this device.

Have fun with the motions. It's a nice tablet.
    Thanks, indeed the tablet worth it, tbh i think it worth more than i paid!

The tablet comes with 2gb ram and windows vista! Still will add more later time!

The tablet is mainly for painttool sai and sketchbook pro! And gimp for final touches! an older version if it makes things better!

Okay what about photoshop elements 10! Because i have that copy actually!

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    It depends on the stylus. The Jot Touch, wasn't exactly great. JaJa needs to work on their tips but when they work it's fine.

I don't know why the number of apps is relevant? It's not like I'm using thousands of programs to draw on a desktop.

The LE1700 is an ok tablet I have an LE1600 and 1700. Some people were having a heck of a time getting pressure sensitivity to work but when I found a driver that worked it was fine. However, I still find it a bit on the heavy side for portable sketching and primarily use my ipad (also nicer screen when rotating/moving) My LE1700 is supposed to be view anywhere, but it's more like "smudge fingerprint hell".

But at the end of the day I find a regular sketchbook just as satisfying.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    When i want to pay for something, it got to be useful anytime and anywhere! I'm not gonna wait for lazy little developers to start "thinking" about giving a damn for these devices! To this day I'm upset about iDraw and other vector based apps for not being supportive with the pressure sensitive styluses! so thats it? Paying $100 to tell me what to use and what's not to use? No way bro!

I picked up the le1700 as a temporary device! Until I can afford the surface pro! And Dropped the traditional art for the sake of the undo button!

P.S. thats hell of a NICE avatar! would appreciate if you send me the link to the full finished piece!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.