the Control Room (doc) seen it???

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

the Control Room (doc) seen it???

Hey I am just wondering what you all think about the Control Room documentary.

I thought it was pretty interesting.

Especially with the Al Jazeera perspective.

What do you all feel about Our Government's staged media??? Are you willing to believe what was brought up in this film such as the supposive staged Iraqis while our army brought down the statue of Saddam??? I personally would not be surprised at all.

I really what to hear you thoughts?

[Here is a article on the Documentary.]

-Joshua

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Can't wait to see the film, that and Fahrenheit 911, even if some regard Moore as an inflammatory liar.

I'm extremely amused by anyone who considers the media in this country to be "liberal." While 70% of anchors are statistically shown as liberal by polling, the media conglomerates them selves are owned by massive corporations that have no interest in letting information filter through that can effect their profit making ability, and when you have a media that is owned by individuals and institutions that share the same ideology as those in power, then the news coverage for the most part runs in favor of that power system. I'm not going to say that the news is completely nonobjective, but core dynamics always remain the same. The media is no shill for either side of the isle in a broad sense, but they are most likely going to be in favor of those who are willing to enact helpful legislation, such as media consolidation initiatives, and deregulation. The media is only as liberal as the conservative corporations that own it. Look at GE, a huge defense contractor that owns NBC. You think that coverage isn’t going to have some sort of prescribed agenda, at least subtly, that will ensure that the war, which it profits from, is not viewed as illegitimate, unnecessary or too bloody? After WWII, these corporations became fully integrated into the military industrial complex. Charles Wilson, who was appointed to head the Office of Defense Mobilization by Truman, said that the federal government should devote vast sums in order to create the support of public opinion, as marshaled by the press. He was previously Chairman of the Board at GE. Think this helped line his pockets? Guess who was a spokesman for GE, hired in 1954... Ronald Reagan. Many members who sit on the boards of Viacom, Disney, and AOL Time Warner, who own CBS, ABC and CNN respectively, also sit on the boards of major defense contractors and multinationals with vested interests around the world, from XEROX to Chrysler. Effecting public opinion means effecting profits. Making war, to utilize the fruits of production that in turn generate vast profit yields, is great business. It's straight out of Orwell's "WAR IS PEACE" statement.

I do indeed need to see the movie first, but I can tell that it's going to be fascinating. Have you ever logged on to the Al-jazeera web site? It's very interesting. I've also seen video stills from Al-jazeera of civilian casualties and children with their heads blown open. It might be interesting if the U.S. Media would report on casualties like that, both ours and theirs. Instead we got embedded journalists who showed our boys tearing across the desert, and only now did I just recently see on CNN, a snippet of information about civilian deaths, which they couldn’t even tally. Go look around the web, there are some pretty good rough estimates.

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed, The world in arms is not a way of life at all, in any true sense. Under the cloud of threatening war, it is humanity hanging from an iron cross."

...I have a sketchbook?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.