Cintiq loosing it's 'mapping'
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Cintiq loosing it's 'mapping'

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cintiq loosing it's 'mapping'

I've been having a hard time diagnosing this problem since I'm not sure exactly how to phrase what's happening or describe it in it's appropriate terms;

When I'm working on my cintiq, very often it will work normally, then 'hang for a split second, as though something were loading, then suddenly I've lost pressure sensitivity, and the cursor no longer 'maps' to the stylus' position over the cintiq, but instead behaves more like a mouse, if that makes sense?

Turning the cintiq off and on again clears it, but only for about half a minute before the same thing happens again.

This started happening not too long after I reinstalled an older driver (612-4) to work around another issue where the cintiq would erratically loose it's pressure sensitivity, but i recently installed a slightly newer one (615-3) but still seem to be getting the same issues.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that my OS is windows XP, and this is mostly through using Photoshop CS 5

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    By the way, even if no-one is able to diagnose the problem, if there's anyone who could tell me what the correct terms for the symptoms I'm describing are, I'd be equally grateful!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well, I'm not sure I can help you because I do not own a cintiq, but what I understand here is a "common" problem happening on photoshop since CS3. It happen also with intuos tablet :/ I think there are some thread speaking of this problem, I'm trying to find them...

edit : I didn't find the topic, hope someone more qualified can answer you. I would say it's a driver problem, but I can't help you check these thread, you may find something ?

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...-Wacom-Tablets

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...re-Sensetivity

Last edited by Griffonnage; October 28th, 2012 at 06:03 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffonnage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Heya!

Yeah, the threads you linked sort of discuss a problem I had previously. I'm not sure if the two issues are linked (as in driver issues), but I would imagine so.

I'll have a better dig around and see if I can turn up that other topic you mentioned!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I remembered another possibility : it can be a graphic card issue or graphic card drivers issue, if that can help you in your research... hope you will find your solution !

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffonnage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay, I installed the very, very latest drivers, and while I still seem to get the issue where every now and then a pen stroke will loose all sensitivity, A) It's not nearly as frequent as before B) After using it for about half an hour, the cursor still tracks the pen's position on the cintiq correctly. Which is a godsend.

I'm a little nervy about calling it fixed at this moment, but it's looking pretty workable so far.

Oh, and in case anyone has more info further along the line, or if someone runs into this same issue looking for help; the graphic card my machine currently uses is an Asus HD 6670. I'm not sure if that's had anything to do with it, but just on the off chance...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I might have had something very similar where at some point, usually when I switched from some other tool to a brush, the pen started acting as a mouse as in loose all pressure and tilt sensitivity. Albeit on my intuos3 and I believe I was using cs4 at that point. What fixed it for me was that I took the actual wacom mouse, just moved it around on the tablet for a bit, then took the pen again and it would re-register that as the pen. But I think there can be many reasons for a problem like this.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.