Sketchbook: Snazzy 70's/80's Rainbow Drugtrip Adventure
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Snazzy 70's/80's Rainbow Drugtrip Adventure

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Lightbulb Snazzy 70's/80's Rainbow Drugtrip Adventure

Last edited by Little Auwnja; January 27th, 2013 at 10:24 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    First I will start off with some old kaka. You will probably see elements of these pop up later.
    From oldest(top) to near recent(bottom).

Attached Images Attached Images                
    Last edited by Little Auwnja; January 27th, 2013 at 10:07 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey, welcome to CA, and thanks for dropping by my sketchbook.

Your linework looks great on this image. As for your other works, I think you have a good instinctive grasp on composition and building up a mood. The more you keep practicing, the better you will get at those things (but I guess that goes without saying). So, yes, keep up the work, and post some studies if you can, and I'll try to give you a better feedback the next time I visit your sketchbook. I hope you have a good stay here.

Sketchbooks

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vritra For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @Vritra

Hey, thanks!

Here are some studies, the second is from a video game called Dungeon Siege:

Attached Images Attached Images    

Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 539 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    A few suggestions to get you on your way. Based on your second picture it doesn't feel like you understand basic perspective yet. Plenty of resources to choose from there, a good one I like is Perspective for comic book artists. Not really for just for comics, has a nice visual approach. 2nd suggestion, don't study video games or 3D graphics from them. You'll learn jack shit frankly. Study from life. It's something everyone dreads to hear. But sitting there drawing that boring piece of fruit, glass, pencil or anything in front of you will teach you tons more than a photo will. Photos compress information and loses a lot ton of details and you don't get a sense of space or actual form with it. The more you draw from observation the more you'll actually 'see' (it truly is amazing once you do start to see things, you almost can't go back). Then the more you see and observe the more you can draw, and it goes in a cycle. When drawing from imagination we draw from existing observation so if you haven't observed it your not going to be able to draw it.

Then in general if you want to draw more complex things like figure work etc. First start with mastering the standard geometric shapes along with perspective practice. Cube, pyramid, cone, cylinder, sphere etc. Because when drawing, those are the foundations to work up to more organic shapes.

Keep up with your sketchbook though and you'll see improvement in no time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Ty for commenting on my sketchbook. BTW I love rainbows too. Half the time my colors are super dumb because I want every single color in it sometimes

Welcome to CA btw, keep up with the sketchbook stuff, try not to count on feedback too much to help you keep moving on (like I mistakingly did).
    (Dont cringe on critiques either (like I did >.<))
    Agreed, If your super new to life drawings, doing so helps TREMENDOUSLY! Trust me, I can draw manga 100x better than I did before just because I'm good at life drawings. So don't be afraid to draw a real tiger once and a while.
    I hope to see you improve

The link is right there, its ok to press. Any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for stopping bye my sb with the advice =]. If I could help in anyone is try to work on the fundamentals rather that studying video game stuff. I think it will benefit you more.

I'm a peacock, you gotta let me fly!

Sketchbook

Members who have read this thread: 1