• PontusEuxinus

2 8.00%
  • marcoferrigno

1 4.00%
  • coool_brain

0 0%
  • dforman

1 4.00%

Thread: C.o.w. #277, gas guzzler. Voting!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

C.o.w. #277, gas guzzler. Voting!

C.O.W. #277 gas guzzler_Voting!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ROUND #277 VOTING

Topic: gas guzzler

Deadline for the voting: November 6th

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by (lark; October 30th, 2012 at 09:01 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Floating Gargleblatter

Artist: Floopate

Concept: Floating Gargleblatter

This is a Floating Gargleblatter. It ignites the gas within its cheeks and funnels the hot air into special sacks in its abdomen allowing it (and anything tied to it i.e a basket) to float up into the air. It uses its large ears to push itself forward and to steer when it needs to.

Also, if extra speed is needed (if the rider needs to get somewhere fast, or more commonly, if threatened by a predator) it raises its tail allowing the gas to be released erm... violently. Pushing it forward either gently or much in the manner of a deflating balloon (all depending on the panic and control of the gargleblatter). The release of gas can be controlled providing extra push when needed.

I decided not to include the basket nor any other manmade object to it due to the 'no accessories' restriction, but the basket hangs from below the gargleblatter with a harness... very much like a hot air balloon. While the direction of movement is controlled via blinders much like one would control a horse, with an added attachment to control the tail to allow air to be released when need be. A basket on top of the gargleblatter was designed at one point, but due to the constant air sickness experienced by many caused by the swaying and bobbing movement this was soon replaced for the conventional basket under. Although there are rumors of a few thrill seeking teens who use the saddle-type basket for racing. An extremely dangerous sport.

Name:  gas creature2.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  214.2 KB

My Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: alexson

Concept: The Mosquitobile
    This creature feeds on gasoline which it uses to burn for hot gas that it fills up its big pouch with, which allows it to float over the ground. It uses its big front legs to walk and can with some patience, come up in impressive speeds. It has openings on the back of the pouches that lets it release air so it can regulate its buoyancy. With seats installed this come to a very smooth ride.

Name:  cow277_alexson.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  266.2 KB

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alexson For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: PontusEuxinus

Concept: Gas Guzzler
    Developed a habit of sprinting from place to place to find new oil sources to drink from. Since humans created the "sweet" fuel, it got tamed and works for them as a riding animal. His stomach is like an engine, glowing more as it operates.

Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: coool_brain

Concept: Hummer
    These beasts have combustion systems in their chests. They can trot for comfortable transport, but for those crazy few, these beasts comes with a special gallop gear
    Their special breathing technique provides cooling system. They can synthesize coolant from water. They drink enough fuel(gasoline) to run around 10000 miles(in trot gear).

May be you are thinking, drinking fuel is yekkk..., but at least its organic

Name:  gas_guzzler_v04.jpg
Views: 895
Size:  530.7 KB

Last edited by Coool Brain; November 9th, 2012 at 05:01 AM.
    Coool Brain

Coool Brain's Blog

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Artist: dforman
    Concept: gas elephant

Finds and consumes gasoline using its powerful forelimbs and straw-like beak. Processes fuel in the organ on its forehead, expels smoke through 4 blowholes. Ductwork diverts smoke away from the rider.

Name:  COW#277_dforman.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  161.3 KB

Last edited by dforman; October 30th, 2012 at 08:58 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Okay! Ready or not, here are my comments
    Overall I liked all the concepts from the description point of view, but not much was shown in the actual pieces including mine . May be its because of the NAP(No Accessories Protocol).
    If somebody is not interested in the 'adding details and rendering' side of it, probably I wouldn't make any sense.
    I don't mean to hurt, but I will try to be sincere. Anyway...

@Floopate: I can really feel your description when reading through it. Especially the NOS part . Personally I would like to see it in concept art too.... and may be spend some time on rendering!

@alexson: Nice idea. More details would have made it more believable. Work on your detailing. Also I would like to see the creature's butt hole you described. Just kidding

@PontusEuxinus: Its either you didn't spend enough time on this piece or you spent a lot of time but this is your best shot. In the first case the solution is trivial. If you are in the second situation then don't worry, don't give up. I have been there too.

@Marco Ferrigno: Your description makes some sense but your drawing doesn't. I mean, it does, but poorly. I hope you understand what I mean. Audience prefer perspective view or at least a profile view which can show most details. Study 'staging and composition' techniques.

@coool_brain: Hey dude. I always love your work. Keep it up. Seriously now... You have to work on more details, textures, veins, little hair here and there and other skin details. And try to make the anatomy more believable. The fume exit hole's shape is very simple and placements feels unreal.

@dforman: I really liked the concept. Its more interesting to see with the accessories. But anatomically I feel its not steady. Its leaning its weight forward but nothing is counter balance its weight, like long tail in case of T-Rex. I feel the creature's back is going to ache like when you do too many bent rows

Coool Brain

Coool Brain's Blog

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Coool Brain For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @coool_brain: hey thanks. Yeah that makes sense about the weight.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @cool_brain: hehehe! yeah! i was having difficutly with this rendering cuz i was trying out something new and it ended up pretty blurry and i didnt know what i did wrong then. I wanted to show more but then i didnt want to break the rules for the no accessories (and i considered ppl accessories here) hehehe! but yeah, Thanks so much for the feedback! i suuuuper appreciate it ill keep those in mind next time

My Sketchbook

Members who have read this thread: 3