Art: Fuck this shit (Illustrator vs Photoshop)
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Threaded View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Fuck this shit (Illustrator vs Photoshop)

Name:  q3.jpg
Views: 4477
Size:  395.7 KB

YO! So. I'm starting to use Adobe Illustrator for designs, just because it's vector and it gives a "clean" look to the design, when comparing it to Photoshop.

But here's the deal. My sketches look better in Photoshop, than what they do in Illustrator. They have more feeling & character to them, than what they do in Illustrator. I think a big part of this, is because in my sketches, I have suggestive painting strokes, and that lacks in the Illustrator versions.

All three of these pictures are supposed to be designs for shirts/posters. How do I get that feeling from my Photoshop sketch, into Illustrator. OR, how do I get a clean design look into Photoshop?

I've tried the Pentool in PS, I've tried doing my lines in SAI, and now I've tried them in Illustrator. I'm just not getting the character across. Any advice, tips, or crits?

(I apologize if my dilemma is not clear but I'm just a bit lost).

(PS. All of the coloured designs were completed in Illustrator, whereas the black and white sketches were done in PS)

Last edited by Rischmidt; October 24th, 2012 at 01:36 PM. Reason: Because I can.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 11