Cintiq Substitute?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Cintiq Substitute?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cintiq Substitute?

Sorry if there was a thread in the past for this. I searched the forums and I didn't find anything come up-- unless I missed it.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a good possible cintiq substitute that's not crazy expensive? I'm a really good artist, and I've always been the best of my class even through college, and I dunno I guess I just feel like I deserve something in this world. >_< I don't really have a lot of money, and honestly I'll likely never be able to save the money for one due to bills/rent etc. Every time I think I'll have extra money, it tends to go to something more important than what I aspire and love to do. I do have a regular drawing tablet I've had since 2006, but I dunno, it just doesn't take the cake like on screen drawing tablets do. It's an Intuos 3, and I do love it to death, but there's just no subject from the on screen art tablets I've experienced via friends. Realistically I won't even draw with it, because I'd rather draw with traditional media since I'm actually right there on the sheet of paper/canvas I'm working with. I just really miss digital art, but yeah I'm stubborn in that regards. I didn't even know if there were tablet PCs, etc that could substitute. I understand that I'll never get a perfect substitute for the quality that I can find in a cintiq, but pressure sensitivity is important and what-not. My boyfriend said he could possibly help me out with getting one, and told me to do my research, so since this is one of my favorite websites... even though I just lurk instead of actually post, I figured I'd ask you guys of what knowledge you may have.

Thank you.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Check E-bay for the HP 2730p (Core2duo) and 2740p (core i5) Tablet PCs.

So long as you don't mind used or refurbished, Both can be easily found on Ebay for less then $500 (the 2730p has been seen for below $200). There are plenty of other Tablet PC brands you can snag off ebay for similar price scales, but as far as screen quality, performance, battery life, and overall size...the Elitebook series will get you the best bang for your buck.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to darkmagistric For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There is also this screen tablet, Yiynova 19" Tablet LCD Monitor, if you don't dare having something that big on you desktop But it's not a pc tablet , you need a latop to run with so no easy travelling possibility. It's not as good as cintiq but it's a cheaper alternative.

Here you can find some review : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY1eo...eature=related
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyFNcFijVbI

Be carefull while choosing, there are actually some device (especially in tablet PC as suggested by Darkmagistric) that are good enough for sketching and do some color works but it will depend on what you want to do with...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Griffonnage For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.