Question about art
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Question about art

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question about art

Hello everyone,

Since the help and feedback from my previous was so great! I was struggling with a question and hope that some of you might know the answer for this question.
    I am a big fan of Blizzard art, I love the way they draw and the whole concept behind it. I know it isn't easy to learn to draw like that, and I also know that you need some talents to have such an imagination to create those beautiful fantasy creatures and landscapes.
    But reading the Warcraft comic books, I really love the work of Ludo Lullabi. His drawings for the Warcraft comics aren't that detailed and hard to draw for most professionals because it is cartoonish.
    Below here you will see some examples:

Example 1.

http://www.gwthomas.org/WOWA1p05.jpg

Example 2.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li...jpufo1_500.jpg

As you can see these are very cartoonish and thats what I really like.

My question was, how can I learn to draw like that? Of course practicing is the answer, but what can I observe and how can I create such an imagination?

I am great in looking and drawing from image to paper. But when it comes to my own creativity, I really can't put a thing on paper. Especially when it comes to human anatomy.

I am looking forward to your answers :-)

Kind regards,

Boyka

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Thanked 2,199 Times in 1,055 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    You learn to draw like that the same way you learn to draw in any other style. First learn to draw. Yes, this means learning the same fundamentals you would learn in order to draw "realistically". First you learn the basics, then you stylize however you want. Trying to start out by copying a "style" is always a dead end, because all you ever learn to do is copy a bunch of parts and stick them together. This never looks good, and doesn't give you the abilities to draw whatever you want.

Also if you observe and draw real life - to start with - that will give you a good foundation for working in ANY style.

As to learning to be creative... That comes from practice, too. Mostly from trying to create things, and also brainstorming, daydreaming, actively thinking about things, trying new things, being curious about anything and everything...

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to QueenGwenevere For This Useful Post:

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.