Sketchbook: Denaliah's animation school sketchbook
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Denaliah's animation school sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Red face Denaliah's animation school sketchbook

I'm applying to sheridan's animation, (I might apply to illustration as a back up but haven't decided)

Any kind of critique is welcome and appreciated, don't be afraid of being too harsh, I need to hear it I just want to improve. It'll be great if anyone who has gotten into sheridan animation offer advice if you can, I will be forever grateful

My portfolio so far is here: http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/i...x333/sheridan/ (type 123456 as the password to view) I'll be updating it regularly. There you will see life drawings at first, then look to the side for other sections such as animals, character, hands.

Sorry for only providing a link (I hope that does not put anyone off), but all of my uploaded images looked too humongous when I previewed it. Until I can figure that out, the link will have to do. As always please feel free to give any suggestions/ways to improve/criticism of art shown. Thanks so much to anyone that helps, it really means a lot!

Last edited by denaliah; October 20th, 2012 at 04:28 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some initial character rough sketches, for more please click the link on the first post, I think my images are too big to put them all here. Haven't decided on which character to use yetName:  chara 004 copy.jpg
Views: 261
Size:  147.4 KB

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For more stuff please just visit the link on the first post, some images will be too big i think

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some figure studies i may or may not put in the animation portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I am really liking the last two drawing , I really can feel the volume and weight shown in it so I would say those two are your stronger drawings and out of those I prefer the second one as the last one seems like you had problems give structure to the ribs and breasts but what really makes up for it is the lovely asymmetry on the legs. For your character sketches it looks like you are have problems with your lines because it looks like you pet them too much, I know it's just a sketch but so that it is clearly readable it's nice to just swing your arm around the page looking for appealing shapes. I think we might have to construct the face for life drawing poses because in Amanda's Sheridan Portfolio tips blog she included videos on how to construct a human head on her website and I am not sure whether we should just block in the hands without adding in the fingers or not though?

CHECK OUT MY FRIEND'S SB OVAH HERE >> deer's sketchbook

>>DeviantArt|SketchBook<<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikazel33t View Post
    I am really liking the last two drawing , I really can feel the volume and weight shown in it so I would say those two are your stronger drawings and out of those I prefer the second one as the last one seems like you had problems give structure to the ribs and breasts but what really makes up for it is the lovely asymmetry on the legs. For your character sketches it looks like you are have problems with your lines because it looks like you pet them too much, I know it's just a sketch but so that it is clearly readable it's nice to just swing your arm around the page looking for appealing shapes. I think we might have to construct the face for life drawing poses because in Amanda's Sheridan Portfolio tips blog she included videos on how to construct a human head on her website and I am not sure whether we should just block in the hands without adding in the fingers or not though?
    Thanks, can you send me a link to the vid? I don't think I saw it on her blog site

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It was recently added, It is practically drawing heads at multiple angles at the proko youtube channel she posted all the videos relating to drawing heads from certain angles on her blog. Here is just one of the many posted:

Check out the channel for more. The video is based off Loomis - "Drawing Heads and Hands" so I recommend you go read up on the book although I am not sure if you already had.

CHECK OUT MY FRIEND'S SB OVAH HERE >> deer's sketchbook

>>DeviantArt|SketchBook<<

Members who have read this thread: 1