cave scene in vue
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: cave scene in vue

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

cave scene in vue

Hi all i am trying to make an erie cave scene in Vue. which i am pretty new too but please give me some feedback on this shot so far. Name:  Cave.jpg
Views: 406
Size:  398.8 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It seems to be a cave within a cave at the moment, the light from the bottom left I am guessing is from habitation and I think that should be your focus and not the yawning misty chasm in the middle.
    The large grey area takes the eye into the middle and leaves it there! and leaves me asking "whats he showing me/ telling me here?"

I would suggest that you change the focus to the little cave.

Hope that helps, and as I frequently say "feel free to ignore me as this is just my opinion", all the best with it whatever you decide.

A great kind hearted lumbering bullock

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=209918 = my Sketchbook

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    if you want it to be believable, you should not have a super detailed texture at the bottom left while the rest of the picture is pretty rough. Im not saying that it isn't enough details, im saying that you should try to keep it to a consistent amount of details. Right now its like you photocroped two entirely diffrent paintings. Some of the shapes also look a little flat (im thinking especially about the stalactites at the left side), you can fix it in multiple ways, but if you want to keep the style in the picture (which i like btw), i suggest that you adjust the values a little so they will stand out from eachother.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Right now it's waaay too dark. I can't really tell what's going on at all.

If it were me, I'd light the scene in normal daylight conditions (no fog, either) to make sure all the forms and textures were reading well. I think once you do that you're going to find other problems--mainly, that your displacement-mapped stalagmites are much too smooth and pointy to look like real rock. After you've got that working, you can dial the light down to something that looks more underground.

Just my two cents.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Here are some alterations i am still working on getting some more textures on the top left corner.

Name:  TFarinella_Cave.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  419.1 KB

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.