am i on the right course?

Join 500,000+ Artists

Its' free and it takes less than 10 seconds!

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: am i on the right course?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

am i on the right course?

I am currently studying a foundation degree in new media design, i came on the course wanting to know how to use applications like flash,go-live,cinema 4-d,director and more, to make websites animations films and interactive cd roms
    but i have found that it is very technical and i mostly want to develop my artistic and creative skills,this course dosent offer this to my dissatisfaction, ive seen your invitation for the workshop and wonder if there are any similar events going on in the uk? and if you could reccomend any schools in my country,if you know of any. as ill i want to do is draw, and hope to continue to do this as a career, i am really interested in concept art as i can pull ideas for backgrounds,landscapes and characters out of my head,this is my destiny!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    heya, this is going to sound a bit silly, but have you checked out the course details in some kind of prospectus or anything? There should be information somewhere about where the course is headed each year - the kind of stuff you do changes each academic year, I think (I'm looking at uni's at the moment and thats the idea i get from them).

it sounds like you're on a good course for the technical side of the kind of career you want to go into, so I would say you should stick to it if you can. Depending on how much free time you have and how far into the course you are, I'd think about maybe running another course - more art focused. Otherwise, you could just concentrate on being self-taught. But of course, if your degree takes up 99% of your time, that's going to be hard. I've been looking at different courses for uni's in the art and design bits and illustration looks good, but I don't think it's the kind of thing you would need for the career you want.

All I can do (apart from babble hehe - its a habit) is reccommend going on to the ucas site - it's pretty good and gives you a lot of information on courses. I think if you want to use art in your career, you will, just as long as you get lots of practice and can put together an impressive portfolio. If you find the technical side interesting, though, dont drop out or anything!

Hope my babbling has given you some kind of idea anyway! hehe!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.