Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The S chronicles [Updated DAILY(ish)]

Thanks
    Thanked 1,273 Times in 408 Posts
    Follows
    Following

Exclamation The S chronicles [Updated DAILY(ish)]

THIS STUFF IS OLD AND AWFUL! GO TO THE LAST PAGES TO FIND MY MOST RECENT STUFF!

Hello guys and gals, my name is slash, and i want to be one of the cool kids. And to be a cool kid around here, you apparently need one of these dailies. Altough i am using the term "daily" in a very loose manner, since it will probably be a few days between updates. At best

C&C are welcome, and i hope you will tear my sketches apart so that i might rise from the ashes as an evolved artist.

Anticupid. Cupids evil twin.

Socrates - the thinking skeleton. Don`t ask.

They usually get messy. But thats the way, uhu uhu, i like it! No ref used since i`m training my "human-anatomy-from-memory" skill.

Another mess. I tend to get a bit carried away. Still no ref used, exept the lower right girl.

Yet another mess. No ref used.

Tear them apart!

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Slash; June 17th, 2008 at 09:03 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

I kinda liked this guy, so i gave him some quick photoshop luvin`

FEATURING EVERYONES FAVORITE FILTER: TEH LENSFLARE!!!1one

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, you got issuuuuuues. Thanks for sharing them with us. If realistic tonality is one of your goals, then I'd say you need to work on your light sources. Pick one. I've no idea how common this is, but, I'm right handed, and tend to have the light coming from the top left corner of my pictures (unless the piece demands something other than that).

Hear my mantra, it resounds throughout this forum.

'pick a lightsource'

'stick with it'

'do not deviate'

'become the light'

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the reply. I know i need to work on my light sources, but realistic tonality isnt my primary goal in these sketches. I`m mostly practising human anatomy and exploring a few creative blowouts, and when i put on some shadows its just to define a little form and shape. And i think my mind is subconsciously tuned to 100% self illumination.

As for the thing with right-handedness and top left light, when i DO apply lightning to my drawings, i always put it there too. In fact, it`s alot trickier for me to put the light anywhere else. It doesnt feel natural for some reason.

*advice taken, chanting the mantra.*

Thanks
    Thanked 1,171 Times in 468 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    the thing is you "must" challange yourself, do NOT make another drawing with the shade coming from the left top corner.... push yourself from drawing stuff you never done before, and selfillumination doesnt exist in nature...sorry that im harsh but practise and push yourself to new boundries! it will only do you good !

keep on posting !

-----------------------------------------------------------
    BJÍRN HURRI | CONCEPT ARTIST & ILLUSTRATOR

MY PORTFOLIO | HURRICANES DAILY DOODLES '12
    MY EXCLUSIVE SKETCHBOOK
    VIKING: BATTLE FOR ASGARD
    TWITTER
    THE OTHER BROTHERS

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by hurricane
    the thing is you "must" challange yourself, do NOT make another drawing with the shade coming from the left top corner.... push yourself
    yeah, alright Yoda. Whatever you say. Why spend time practicing something, if it feels counter-intuitive? I'm only suggesting the top left hand corner idea as a way to get a feel for lighting in general, not as a golden rule.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DUDE NICE WORK but try to take your ritalin before hand

-theubermind

my sketchbook

if a mime was crushed by tree in the woods, would anyone care?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Theubermind: I quit taking my ritaline. It didn`t work the way it was supposed to. Actually i`ve quit taking ANY kind of amphetamine. It just doesn`t work AD/HD-power to the people!

Hurricane: I know i MUST challenge myself. But as i said, realistic lightning isnt my primary goal at the moment. Anatomy is.But i will (if i remember ) put the lightning somewhere else in my next "lightning piece". Perhaps somewhere in the extreme opposite corner. Bottom right or something.

-this is where I am supposed to post an update, but i am visiting my folks for the weekend, so i have no way of scanning my sketchbook. However, I AM drawing in it, so there will be a little dump monday..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    like it a lot...but i cant see any one area where you need to get better...youre prettymuch the same level everywhere id say....

haha....I think our drawings are quite similar (not meant arrogantly)...look at my thread and tell me what you think! I just dont do so much on one page

looking forward to more, N

Nikolai reiset noch immer, noch lange wird er reisen...doch ins Land der Vernunft findet er nimmer den Weg...

Criticizing Nikolais Crap

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks for the post bahamut. If you can`t find anything in particular does that mean that i have to improve EVERYTHING? :confused: dammit!

Er.. Are our drawings similar? I`ll let someone else be the judge of that.

More will come!

/

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No, not an update. But i DO have something for you. While searching for my name on google just for phun, i stumbled over my old elfwood page. It was fun to see them ol`pics again, nostalgia overdose. it seems like it has been ages since i saw them last. Even tho its probably not more than a couple of years. I never got too involved in the elfwood community, wich by the way have redesigned their site. I kinda lost interest in them around the same time i stumbled upon this page. COINCIDENCE sayeth I!

Anyways, here it is, for those who are interested in how my style was back then..

http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/art/a/.../andreash.html

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well well well... i seem to be the most frequent poster in my own sketchbook. How sad. Give me some goddamn support guys!

Ok, enough bs, on with the update! It`s rather large, since this weekend was kinda boring. Everyone was watching the european soccer CHIMPionship, and since i hate soccer, i was bored outta my skull.

No refs used anywhere, exept my own hands and my brother.

We start off with my bruddah watching soccer, a hilarious pose, wich i just had to draw. Dont mind the other scribbles. The bottom left one is "drawn" using a big bulky eraser on a scribbled area. bleh...

The next one started out with a tree. then i ventured onto the creation of a cute little demon-gargoyle-creature. Then i tried to make out the shapes of the head, worked fine until i started shadowing it. ugh! Had to draw a hellgrrrl to cheer me up. And of course some more shit that i don`t know why or how got there.

On this one i wanted to challenge myself, and use a ballpoint pen. I really dont like sketching with pens, cuz once you draw a line, you can`t undo it. Makes you think a bit more before you draw. I think it turned out ok.

I wanted to see if i still knew how to draw anime. (I was really into it when i was 16-17 years old.) As you can see, this attempt failed miserably. But i`m still gonna post the page, since I`m not gonna be one of those pricks that just post their best work.

Felt like creating some creatures. My brothers laughed for hours at the monkey-thing.

Practicing cartoonish faces.

Bored and uninspired. But i managed to force some lines down at the paper. (I rule!)

Inspiration returned later that day. Dunno what got into me. Demons, swords and chicks. A lethal combo.

I ate pizza, and suddenly felt like drawing a dragon. (You see the connection? Me neither.) I`m satisfied with the head, but i HATE the wings and background.

My oh my, sunday really WAS a productive day. Some cartoonish girls at the top of the evening. (or EARLY morning, wichever way you choose to see it.)

Todays dsg pic. I really dont like it. it`s retarded.

OK PEOPLE! Thats the whole dump. Now i wanna see some juicy Criticism. I have deliberately drawn some errors, 10 points per error to thoes who can spot them!

I MEAN IT! COMMENT AND CRITICIZE.(big word. sp?)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Come on people, dont post so many replies! I dont have time to read them all!!!

My band had a recording session today, no time to draw. but since i plan to keep this sketchbook as daily as possible, here`s one of them older ones..

TEH punished one

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really like the womens anatomy! the dragons detail (the scales&shading) are also very nice! some arms on different drawings seem a bit long (on teh (<- !) swordsman especially), the legs on that one are definitely too short too! seem to have had a weak moment on that one...

Last edited by bahamut; June 23rd, 2004 at 01:29 PM.
    Nikolai reiset noch immer, noch lange wird er reisen...doch ins Land der Vernunft findet er nimmer den Weg...

Criticizing Nikolais Crap

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    10 points to bahamut.

The swordsman is a half-demon, so he doesn`t have to abide the laws of human anatomy. (yeah, lame excuse, i know...) I tend to draw the arms a bit long. It`s a bad habit that remains from learning the rules of anatomy wrong. For a long period of time i used these wrong rules and kinda got stuck there. I am trying my best, but sometimes i slip.

Thanx for the reply. follow bahamuts example people! :chug:

(got too drunk to draw last night, so no update for you today. sorry.)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Hangover diary

MAAAN!! I have just broken my own hangover record. 2 days and still going strong.. My hands are shaking, but i have managed to doodle a little. Don`t bother to crit these too much, since my condition is, well... you know how it is. BUT I WOULD very much like to recieve crits for my previous posts, since thats kinda why i share them with you guys.

18 beers and a bottle of vodka. No, im not fucking kidding!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you seem to have a lot of ideas, i would say that in order to make these ideas more successful you need to study anatomy. this will help solidify your forms. try various lighting situations, they can add depth and emotion. i would try to stay away from "anime attempts" it is ok if anime is an influence but there are enough anime artists out there. it is so simple to do, when you find yourself getting better you will be able to draw anime if you must/choose too. keep workin on the paintings, the only way to get better is to do it a lot. try working on you patience, i know i have had a real problem with spending enough time on certain ideas. go ahead and push a design is will help you build your patience for those longer sessions of drawing. hope that helps a little.
    meta

"Let it BURN"

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanx for the reply. You are right, i need to study anatomy, and i AM.. I am not really into anime anymore, i was just bored, and wanted to see if i still had it in me. (apparently not ) You are dead on when it comes to my patience. I can draw for hours continiously, just not on the same drawing! I get bored with drawings too fast. But to my defence, i HAVE improved, when i was 16 i had a five second attention span.

Thanx again for the input!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    glad to hear you're studying anatomy. sometimes it's not the most fun thing, but when you hear someone like metalwinds say you can't do enough studies it makes you(me) think, cause homeboy can draw. yea, you've got some pretty imaginative ideas in here and in that head of yours. again, I feel that drawing from life and reference will help to improve the quality of your imagined creations (that's what I'm trying to do these days anyway). Some of my favorite drawings in here are from the page of gestures in your recent post that you didnt' seem to think too highly of. Funny, huh?
    I tend to be too dependent on lines to define form instead of value. You also seem to like line, w/ the strong outlines and such. Maybe more emphasis on value and less on line?
    Keep in mind, these are just my opinions. For me, the most important thing about drawing is to have fun. For most people it's probably more fun to increase their skill level, but I don't think it should be tedious or feel like work. Just keep at it if you enjoy doing it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you have a twisted mind

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    You've got the right idea and that is to draw draw draw. You seem to have a lot of ideas floating around in your head, and that's good, but don't neglect to study the fundamentals too.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanx for the replies guys.

Elboy: You`re right. The important thing is to have phun and enjoy drawing.

Insane: Coming from you i`ll take that as a compliment. OR a hint to seek professional help.

Muttonhead: Why cant the fundamentals be as fun as everything else?

AND NOW, THE UPDATE!!!

I have been on vacation for a week now, and i have been too drunk, or too busy getting drunk to draw. But i have managed to doodle a little these last few days..

Started a new sketchbook, this one is a A5 Winsor & Newton cartridge sketch pad. (Like you guys care ) I also bought a mechanical pencil, a PILOT shaker 0.5 (Like you care, again) and that is what i have been using for the following sketches. Took a while to get used to.

Enjoy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    A little update for you guys.

I didn`t have time to scan all my sketches, but here are a few.

Now i wanna see some C&C!!

Paine and his teddybear will come for you if you don`t post a reply!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

boobies

After reading the vast amount of replies, I have finally found time to do another update. I havent gotten around to scan my real-life sketches yet, so these are all digital. Expect another update tomorrow. With more boobies.

Done from ref. exactly a thousand brush strokes.

Practicing light and shadow. (My enemies.) No ref.

My first painter(classic) painting EVER! Crap, but i felt like sharing anyways. square chalk and palette knife only.

My second painter painting EVER! square chalk only.

More boobies. tomorrow.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    man nice tits !<the light source will help u with anatomy if your trying to learn the froms and masses .. but i think your doing ok jsut keep going )

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanx for the reply dude.

I realized to my horror that i havent got any boobies for you today, even tho i promised. I`m sorry, I`ll draw some later today.

Done from ref. I had no eraser when drawing these two images, and that made me feel like... i was under water. without air. You get the idea.

An old dsg pic that never made it into dsg.

Latest dgs pic. Goofy, I know. I was tired.

Last, but not least, i want to share what you what happens when you draw while drunk, and let your friends borrow your sketchbook. Those names aren`t real...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

OOH! an update! tastes like chocolate!

Too hot to draw nowadays! Still, i have an update!

No ref used.

Still no ref used.

A character from a story I`m working on. No ref. (duh)

Would you believe me if i said no ref used? I`m not trying to copy the originals, just interpreting them. or whatever..

Not a single girl between 18 and 21 on the beach today. Just lotsa old women with their grandkids. Soooo i came up with this outta boredom. There is a message hidden in that pic for those who can find it.

enjoy!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The keeper of the lower halls is great. You should work on this one.

Good work on the flow of muscles and texture on some bodys. As far as I can see you have a knack for natural forms.

Amurayi

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you. I`ve been thinking about doing him (the keeper) in max, it would be so cool to animate him trying to keep balanced on his wheel.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you did those few with no erasers? DARN YOU AND YOUR SKILLS, but seriously its some great stuff,,, keep it up! even the ones that you said were "bad" or "screwed up on" i thought looks pretty good,,,,

Ive done it before and ill do it again BWAHAHAHA!

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 3