Art: Portfolio: Desperately in Need of Direction
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Threaded View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Portfolio: Desperately in Need of Direction

Hey fellow artists in arms!

I've been lurking this site for years, getting advice vicariously through the posts and questions of others. However, now that I'm months away from graduating college and being thrust into the real world, I am in desperate need of personal direction. To give you some background on where I'm coming from, my school is fine arts oriented and lacks any program or classes dedicated to concept art or illustration, leaving me on my own in so far as picking up relevant technique- including everything from anatomy to digital tools- and finding critique on the same. I think the end result of trying to balance my own artistic interests with the fine-arts focus of my school has resulted in an unfocused bunch of work with a spotty skill set, and frankly, I'm not sure where to go from here. I'd like to spend the rest of my last school year developing at least enough skill to dip my toes into freelance/contract work once graduated, but have no clue what to work on to get to that point, or how.

Which brings me to my portfolio: I realize you guys are not fond of links, so I've attached a few pieces I've finished recently to prove I'm flesh and bones. The images included, in addition to the rest of my work in their original (much larger) resolution is on a tumblr site, which is hopefully trustworthy enough.

tl;dr: Graduating from fine-arts college in 2013 so I'm missing skills/focus, need suggestions on what to work on to be at least marginally employable by the time I'm outta here.

My portfolio: www.quellsmitenice.tumblr.com

A million gratitudes in advance!

Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by cyanoshead; October 11th, 2012 at 02:17 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 1