Icy Mountain Landscape and a character
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Icy Mountain Landscape and a character

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Icy Mountain Landscape and a character

hey everybody,

I have redone 2 older images of mine, with my current skill-level, so here they are.

the first one is obviously a snowy mountain range. i kinda like the colors, but it feels pretty boring to me.

the second one is a character i concepted for a 3D environment i wanted to do with a friend long ago. he has elements of bugs (the shelly head) and slug (the stomach).

I would love to get some feedback from you guys.

Thanks in advance,

Flo

Attached Images Attached Images    
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    What kind of feedback are you looking for? They look good, but everything can improve and the better you are at asking...

You can find my drawing blog here

It's mainly a blog about how I develop as an artist, but I post my exercises and how to's on it as well, so if that interests you than take a look.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The characters serratus anterior muscles goes to high up and are to defined compared to the rest of his body, you should also be able to see some parts of latissimus dorsi. The anatomy on his legs is weird, perhaps you could define it? His left thumb is not in the same direction as his right, and i cant se how he can be able to turn it that much with those hands without breaking it.
    And for the environment picture, check your values, ecpecially on the clouds.

Good luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I think that those fluffy clouds shouldn't be that sharp or have a high contrast like mid ground. Tone it down so it matches that background and make it less sharp. I would also darken the sky around those 2 figures with the sword so it would stand out. This way, it easily blends with the background and it's not a focus. Make those figures larger.

Home of the Killer Concept Art Tutorials
    www.conceptartmasters.com

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    My take on your snow mountain is that its kinda too 'busy' and you seem to lose where the focus point is. Its the two statues in the background right?

You have your guys pointing to it, but right in front of where they're pointing, there's a cylindrical arch which 'blocks' the line to your subject and leads the eye away... I hope that makes sense.

Then there's those clouds, which are pretty dark for something so far out in the background.

It looks pretty good if you ask me, its just missing an 'eye stopper' focus point. Maybe because you put it too far on the background? Who knows.. I'm no expert at this :p

My concept art blog

Better lucky than good!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.