Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 911" / Also 911 Road to Tyranny!!!

View testimonialsView Artwork
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Arrow Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 911" / Also 911 Road to Tyranny!!!

booya!!! Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 911" comes out Friday June 25th. Go see it. Go see it many times. Force anyone you know to go see it!!!!

Last edited by JoshuaTheJames; June 21st, 2004 at 04:53 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    It's a blatant rip off of "911 road to tyranny" with a twist.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    For the fair and balanced crowd...

http://www.michaelmoorehatesamerica.com/index.html

AND

http://www.bowlingfortruth.com

AAAaaannd shouldn't this be in the Movie forum.

Right up there?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by stalecracker
    For the fair and balanced crowd...

http://www.michaelmoorehatesamerica.com/index.html

AND

http://www.bowlingfortruth.com

AAAaaannd shouldn't this be in the Movie forum.

Right up there?
    I know Moore is full of shit. Thats why I encourage people to see road to tyranny. It was made by Alex Jones, a good friend of DUN DUN DUN Jeff "the retard" Rense. All Moore did was subtract the craziest conspiracy parts of of Jones flick and rename it. Its all horse shit.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm not going to pay to see it... If I happen to see it for free anytime soon, then I might see it, or I'll just download it later... I'm not contributing to that jackass though..

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by crackhead
    It's a blatant rip off of "911 road to tyranny" with a twist.
    But somehow i dont think Alex Jones would really care much, as long as the message gets out

power of the tablet!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There has recently appeared a Web site calling itself "Move America Forward" -- which in turn is being promoted by the right-wing Web site NewsMax -- that is dedicated to shutting down showings of Fahrenheit 9/11, at least in part by urging the public to contact theater owners directly. The result, according to What Really Happened, is that some of these owners "are reporting receiving death threats."
    i think thats a good enough reason to go see it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by Retinal Haze

But somehow i dont think Alex Jones would really care much, as long as the message gets out
    Is that so? Go to http://www.rense.com and listen to his interview with Jones and see just how "happy" he is.

mms://207.36.181.111/rense/rense05-24-04.wma

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Any info on the release in europe/UK ?

I definately want to see it

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The only thing I agree with Moore about is his bit in Bowling where he states that America is controlled by fear. Not like that is a major revelation. However, he rails against fearmongering, yet makes movies that cause undo concern and fear. I am an owner of several guns, I was raised to be responisble around firearms, and there has never beena fatality in my family, even accidental, due to the use of guns. And there won't be, unless someone tries hurting someone around me or in self defense. I do not believe that any of the legislation has been effective because those with criminal intent will A) Get a gun through illegal means or B) Simply use either another weapon or pretend to have a weapon.

I do not fear guns, I am concerned about the people who want to take them away and what agenda is behind it. Alex Jones does make a lot of poignant statements in his movies, commentary and interviews (I have only heard him on the radio shows Coast to Coast and Mysteries of the Mind).

Fear and control are what spin the wheels here, not noble efforts. I prefer that people who want 'what's best for me' to worry about themselves and not push for laws limiting what I do. I am a law abiding citizen with a valid US passport and absolutely no criminal history, yet I cannot take a pair of fingernail clippers onto an airplane because I am a potential threat in the eyes of the concerned. I feel it is reprehensible for people in power/ in the limelight who sway people to their beliefs with false information that dupes people with good hearts to follow their point of view.

bat

----------------------------------------
    Sans la colère. Sans la haine. Et sans la pitié.

I always find myself instinctively arrayed on the side of the barbarian, against the powers of organized civilization. -- Robert E. Howard

Writer, illustrator and artist.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    mms://207.36.181.111/rense/rense05-24-04.wma
    That was the stupidest racist propaganda elitist bull shit I have ever heard.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by nick reynolds

Is there a particular bit of the interview that strikes you this way? I won't have time to hear it until tomorrow, but I have heard Alex Jones before and I honestly do not recall him making racist comments. I am not saying that he wouldn't or hasn't, just that I am not aware of it if he has and I am usually pretty good at hearing racist comments as they bother me very much.

However, I will say that Alex Jones is very deep into secret societies and their links to various death cults, which I find interesting, but I am not 110% convinced of. I do understand though from a reliable European (my grlfriend) that there is an upswing in occult practice and activity in Europe (she has returned from a recent three month trip), including death cults, which I find to be a bit interesting as well (ok, I am a little morbid and I like weird stuff, so sue me) and I would be interested in hearing from others with this type of information that are currently in Europe.

b a t

I always find myself instinctively arrayed on the side of the barbarian, against the powers of organized civilization. -- Robert E. Howard

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Their comments about how all the Arabians and people coming into the US to go to college are all spies and if they don't come here as spies they still are. Shit like that, creating a negative stereotype of someone different then him who didn’t have the opportunities he did. Also, the constant announcers reference to how the people listening don't have a clue to what he is talking about and can't understand. hmmm maybe because you're feeding the world a load of BS most the time.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Their comments about how all the Arabians and people coming into the US to go to college are all spies and if they don't come here as spies they still are. Shit like that, creating a negative stereotype of someone different then him who didn’t have the opportunities he did. Also, the constant announcers reference to how the people listening don't have a clue to what he is talking about and can't understand. hmmm maybe because you're feeding the world a load of BS most the time.

Thanks for pointing that out. I will give it a listen tomorrow. I had really never heard Jones talk like that and it is very sad that he has chosen that path. He usually just mentions the government conspiracies and Baphomet cults. Also very untrue of him to say, I know of a few people here as students from the UAE who are very outstanding people who I trust to be here merely as students.

b a t

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    all i have to say is that Bush and his crew are the most dishonest, self-serving people out there and they are using the horrors of 9-11 (which they most likely knew about and let it happen) to promote their crooked agenda. whenever anyone tries to point out the obvious lies, they are labled as un-american ot worce, a terrorist. Every single person who is pro-bush or anti-bush omits certain information to prove their point. I'm sure Michael Moore does the same thing at certain times. But i forgive him because he is trying to bring to the mainstream the ideas that have been suppressed by the establishment, and manipulated to brainwash the public. Corporations are profiting in iraq and aour brothers and siters, sons and daugters are dying. those who turn a blind eye to that fact, or worce, ignore it, have no right to call me un-american because i have a different opinion from them.

Chirac (i'm probly spelling his name wrong), the french president, said before we went to war in iraq, that it is his duty as a friend of the US to point out when we make a huge mistake. i'd like anyone to tell me that the war in Iraq was not a mistake.

p.s. the reason this is not in the movie forum is cause this has less to do with the movie and more with the politics of the movie

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    the war in iraq isn't so simple to be just "good" or just "bad". There are alot more issues involved, and this is an entirely different kind of conflict.

Maybe someday I'll watch a Moore movie, when I need to get really pissed off about how stupid people are. Really, I've browsed his site, and read some about him, I was pretty unimpressed.

I self-published a book on the fundamentals of drawing from life.

http://www.amazon.com/Fundamentals-D...8951905&sr=8-1

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by AmishCommy
    I'm sure Michael Moore does the same thing at certain times.
    Certain times? Basically all of his movies are complete exageration, misdirection, and attempts to make viewers connect unrelated incidents that I am sure WWII propagandists would be proud of.

I am not saying Bush is good... Not at ALL. Its just that both of the extremes are really really bad.

Watch the movie if you want. Just take it with a two gallon tub of salt.

-toasty

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    in related news,

"Baker was injured in January 2003 after volunteering to pose as an uncooperative detainee during the training exercise with the Michigan-based 303rd Military Police Company. He has said other military police officers beat and choked him and slammed his head against the floor"

http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f...25-2989915.php

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Watch road to tyranny if you thought that was bad. Rense is a complete fuckstick and Jones isn't very different.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by seb
    in related news,

"Baker was injured in January 2003 after volunteering to pose as an uncooperative detainee during the training exercise with the Michigan-based 303rd Military Police Company. He has said other military police officers beat and choked him and slammed his head against the floor"

http://www.armytimes.com/story.php?f...25-2989915.php
    what a bunch of fucking chimps..
    somebody did a study once where they hired a small group of college kids at random and split them in to two groups. one group was to act as prisoners and one was to act as guards.. the study was to go on for a couple of weeks but they had to kill it early because the guards were excessively abusing the prisoners.. they stoped it right before people were about to start being sodimized...
    fucking lord of the flies and shit..

-Lono

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    p.s. the reason this is not in the movie forum is cause this has less to do with the movie and more with the politics of the movie
    WAIT A MINUTE!!! It IS in the Movies Forum...

Has it always been here?

And...

I just checked and it was moved. *whew*

Last edited by stalecracker; June 17th, 2004 at 07:04 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by Lono

what a bunch of fucking chimps..
    somebody did a study once where they hired a small group of college kids at random and split them in to two groups. one group was to act as prisoners and one was to act as guards.. the study was to go on for a couple of weeks but they had to kill it early because the guards were excessively abusing the prisoners.. they stoped it right before people were about to start being sodimized...
    fucking lord of the flies and shit..

-Lono
    I heard about that study as well.

I also heard about one study where they got random people to press a button that would "give" an electric shock to an actor in the next room. The rooms were only seperated by glass. And the experiment was to deal with how far a person would pretty much torment another. Left to their own devices a person rarely gave a "large" dose of electricity, but when a man in a white lab coat came in and told them to give increasingly powerful shocks they would follow his orders going all the way to the "leathal" levels. This dispite the fact the actor playing the person reciving the shock therapy would be begging for it to stop, and doing anything he could to appeal to their humanity. Regardless almost everyone gave a lethal shock when simply told to. It was an experiment to find out how people could commit atrocities such as those seen in WWII germany. Its scary stuff.

power of the tablet!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "all i have to say is that Bush and his crew are the most dishonest, self-serving people out there and they are using the horrors of 9-11 (which they most likely knew about and let it happen) to promote their crooked agenda."

Amazing what the media can do to a mind...

Bush is dishonest? I'd have to say he's one of the more honest presidents we've had recently. You may disagree with his opinions, but at least you know what they are.

The statement that they most likley knew about 911 and didn't prevent it is ridiculous. That's like saying people knew that Pearl Habo was going to happen but didn't move to prevent it. Wait, it was suspected? But people dismissed the evidence. Same with 911. That means they are following some sort of agenda? Perhaps they made..a mistake?

And I haven't seen Bush promoting his 'crooked' agenda using 911 at all. I have seen him promoting his agenda using the fact that he is trying to liberate people from Iraq. Now it seems were doing a pretty shitty job, but who knows what things will be like down the road.

Just for the record, im not some huge fan of Bush. I just think that he's gotten way more bad press than he deserves.

Don't just practice. Also Practice the right things, the right way.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by Pencil Soldier

The statement that they most likley knew about 911 and didn't prevent it is ridiculous. That's like saying people knew that Pearl Habo was going to happen but didn't move to prevent it. Wait, it was suspected? But people dismissed the evidence. Same with 911. That means they are following some sort of agenda? Perhaps they made..a mistake?

And I haven't seen Bush promoting his 'crooked' agenda using 911 at all. I have seen him promoting his agenda using the fact that he is trying to liberate people from Iraq.
    well,to tell you the shocking truth pearl habor was known about and the americans didn't prevent it at all out of mistake but on purpose because they wanted a reason to enter war.
    plus why all of a sudden did bush want to liberate iraq?he didn't care a shit about it all the years before,he even gave good ol' saddam womds to drop on the kurds.what made him enter there suddenly?
    did he need something to bring other things into ppls minds than that 9/11 was "staged"?
    or did he just again take 9/11 as reason to enter iraq and its oil fields?

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by Carnifex

well,to tell you the shocking truth pearl habor was known about and the americans didn't prevent it at all out of mistake but on purpose because they wanted a reason to enter war.
    plus why all of a sudden did bush want to liberate iraq?he didn't care a shit about it all the years before,he even gave good ol' saddam womds to drop on the kurds.what made him enter there suddenly?
    did he need something to bring other things into ppls minds than that 9/11 was "staged"?
    or did he just again take 9/11 as reason to enter iraq and its oil fields?

I was never more convinced that most of the worlds population is blissfully free from the ravages of intelligence until RIGHt now, this very moment.

*sigh*

Thanks
    Thanked 2,063 Times in 830 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    and why is that?
    because i express my mind and it sounds like "omg a conspiracy!"?
    do you approve what bush is doing currently?acting like he's king of the world?

Sketchbook

Sketchbooks of inspiration:
    Marc Taro|Maxetormer|ZhuZhu|Jeri|Dobu]

Always think about:
    lighting! design! perspective! proportion!
    And (self)motivation is still everything.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by Carnifex
    and why is that?
    because i express my mind and it sounds like "omg a conspiracy!"?
    do you approve what bush is doing currently?acting like he's king of the world?
    Do you know that Russian president Putin has verified that Saddam was planning on attacking the US and spreading terror throughout western society? And that Bush personally thanked Russian intelligence agents regarding this matter? Putin is opposed to the war but still acknowledges that the US has a reason beyond oil. There are many threats to the United States and luckily not everything is disclosed all the time right as it happens.

bat

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "and why is that?
    because i express my mind and it sounds like "omg a conspiracy!"?"

Think for a second. The US had just been through a World War. They didn't want to be in the war, becuase war KILLS AMERICANS. (Isn't that everyone's problem with the war in Iraq? That it's killing Americans?) So, becuase they DON'T want Americans DEAD, they DON'T enter the war. Why would they be looking for an excuse to enter the war? They could enter it whenever they wanted to, but they didn't want to be involved, becuase they didn't want Americans killed. It took a threat to the nation to move them into action.

Which reminds me of a certain conflcit going on right now.:eek:

So yes, try thinking a little bit, and not just repeating what someone else has told you.

Don't just practice. Also Practice the right things, the right way.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Originally posted by Pencil Soldier
    "and why is that?
    because i express my mind and it sounds like "omg a conspiracy!"?"

Think for a second. The US had just been through a World War. They didn't want to be in the war, becuase war KILLS AMERICANS. (Isn't that everyone's problem with the war in Iraq? That it's killing Americans?) So, becuase they DON'T want Americans DEAD, they DON'T enter the war. Why would they be looking for an excuse to enter the war? They could enter it whenever they wanted to, but they didn't want to be involved, becuase they didn't want Americans killed. It took a threat to the nation to move them into action.

Which reminds me of a certain conflcit going on right now.:eek:

So yes, try thinking a little bit, and not just repeating what someone else has told you.
    Exactly! Well said. That, and you really sound bereft of common sense when you spout multiple BS con theories in one breath.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys,

I am just wondering why a lot of people are againt Moore?

I have seen his T.V. show and was a bit frustrated with it's biasness.

Just wondering what you all think,

-Joshua

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.