Art: In need of an advice....:)
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: In need of an advice....:)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile In need of an advice....:)

Hello! I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question......but anyway, I am thinking of buying a graphic tablet. Since it will be my first time using one, I am not sure of the model or what type I should get( I don't want one of those big ass LCD screens, which will probably end my whole allowence). I just need it for drawing, sketching, colouring. I have looked it up on the internet to see what models they have but I want the opinion of a pro. Do you guys think you can help me? and also what kind of programmes I can use, like is Adobe Photoshop good? Any help or information is appreciated, thank you!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi

Medium Wacom intuos 4 or 5 ideally but if its your first one go for a bamboo and give it a try, only 70ish. Definitely photoshop, coral painters ok but layers suck imo.

J

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JamesMc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wacom is the top class, there's no comparison with other brands so far in quality. If it's your first try with digital drawing then the Bamboo series is the cheapest option you can pick and i suggest that. If you're going to use the device for serious business then go for a Intuos M, you'd probably want to skip the 4th series cause as much as i know the surface is not as good as Intuos3 or 5. The price range is from 50-70$ for a Bamboo S to 300-450 $ for a Intuos M (remember that M is the minimum size you need for professional drawing cause lesser than that will hurt your wrist if you use the device for 6 to 10 hours a day like me).

About softwares it depends on what you're going to use them for. For drawing alone i prefer Painter cause the feeling is much more similar to reality but i cannot use it for anything else. Photoshop is exceptionally good for painting and editing. But you can go for more cheaper solutions like Open Canvas or Sketchbook and if you want there are even freewares like Gimp wich i don't like at all but that's cause i'm very used to painter and photoshop.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    thank you guys for the info! I am not very familiar with these, but I decided to give it a go,and your info gave me a light in what I should use, thanks again!

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.