how do i get a natural wetness? :P
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

how do i get a natural wetness? :P

:beer: ooookaaaay... his may be a very silly question but ive messed around with the brushes in this programme for a while now... im not getting that really nice weteffect that i see in the tutorials im looking at. i just get the brush sort of fizzling and bleeding... all i want is a crisp line with a bit of water building up at the edge (is that too much to ask)
    i do like the markers tho they r great!:chug:

more coffee = better work
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Painter 7 Water Colors vs. Earlier Version Water Colors

Hi,

Though I don't think you mentioned which Painter version you're using, it sounds like it's Painter 7.

The tutorials you're seeing probably used earlier version Water Colors that were, as Painter Developer John Derry describes them, "simplistic".

The Painter 7 Water Color technology is all new, designed to better simulate real watercolors. Older version Water Colors, though they can be loaded into Painter 7, won't work the same. There is still no way to paint those simple pooled edge brush strokes we saw in earlier versions, though many of us have tried to create custom Water Color variants that will do that.

You'll find some custom Water Color variants to download on my site, PixelAlley:

http://www.pixelalley.com/Painter7/p...r-brushes.html

Some of these are our best attempts (to that date) to mimic the old Simple Water brush variant found in Painter 6 and earlier versions, including Painter Classic 1 (Painter Classic 2 is based on Painter 7 and uses the new Water Color technology). The closest are Matt's Old Watercolor brush and Terrie's tlb-sw647 brush collection.

We've also recently learned of some nice Painter 7 custom Water Color brushes, the WetSet collection by Juma. The site is in Japanese, and you'll need to scroll to the bottom of the page and look for WetSet.

http://www3.coara.or.jp/~sumako/cgkatei/katei07.htm

If you haven't read it already, it might be good to read Painter Developer John Derry's "A Visual Guide to Corel Painter 7 Water Color" which you can also download at PixelAlley (be sure to read the note he sent to me with the PDF file that explains some things about the new Water Color technology vs. the older version Water Color technology):

http://www.pixelalley.com/tutorials/...downloads.html

Also visit the Painter Can forum at In Depth Discussions to read threads about Painter 7 Water Colors and see some of the work members have done using them:

http://www.critical-depth.com/cgi-bin/idd/

Post a message and ask members to direct you to some good threads and good examples. They'll be happy to help.

Good luck,

Please do not PM me with Painter questions. Instead, post them here where everyone can benefit from them. Thanks!

Jinny Brown
    Visit PixelAlley.com
    and The PainterFactory

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    wow thanks for replying... ill try those new brushes out as soon as i can, ive been working on some custom brushes myself and im getting more and more used to using painter (yes it is painter 7).Ill post some examples of the new brushes in here when i get the chance
    many thanks
    JP

more coffee = better work

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.