Works under development
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Works under development

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Works under development

Hello dears,

I came back with two new pieces I am developing in this moment. The first one is a Silver Surfer character I am going to finish with Indian Ink and later, paint with watercolours. In this moment, I have just made a study using a very soft graphite grade to mark the points where I will cover with Indian Ink. I used as reference, a work by Joe Jusko changing the position of the surfer and some changes on the reflex of the metal, the background is also to be changed. In this moment, I would like to hear some advices about the anatomy and the reflex of the metal, if it can be improved.

Name:  SilverSurfer.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  44.3 KB

The second image is Spidey hidden in the shadows of a type of building. In this image, I would like to hear some advices about shadows projection and some improvements in the background. I intend to keep the first plane just in black and white, and the background in grey tones, using Indian watercolour.

Name:  spidey.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  28.4 KB

Best regards

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Chrome

Hey there,

I would say the anatomy looks decent, but maybe on his right leg you could draw the top of the quadriceps more rounded to show the exertion of strength in the bend. Also, for the chrome look you might consider having certain edges in gradation rather than solid line, but I guess this could be shown in watercolour when you get around to it. I showed a few examples here to let you know what I was thinking.

With Spidey I think it would be interesting to have his shadow going off the edge and along the side of the building.

Name:  surfer.JPG
Views: 176
Size:  345.4 KB

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Spivak000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks Spivak000,

Your samples of chrome gave me an good idea to follow. I am specially interested in the last pictures you posted and I intend to do that. I will transfer the image to a new paper and post here as it advances, as you said, I will do the gradation just with watercolours, the black ones will just be used for the blackest areas, as I did in pencil. Meanwhile, I posted an update in Spidey.

I hope you enjoy, and comments and crits are always welcome.

Name:  spidey.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  49.4 KB

Best regards,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thats what I was thinking with Spiderman. Did you play around with having the shadow go down at an angle? That might add a more dynamic effect.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    to be honest, not, I was thinking of light directly from above, do you have any other suggestion?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Updated on January, 28th

After some time, I returned to work more in this piece. I am doing it to my portfolio, thus, because of it, I am not so worried about the time to finish it.

In this step, I painted the very black of the piece using indian ink. In the next phase , I will start to wash it with watercolours. I will probably use the suggestion number 3 of Spivak to paint it.

I hope you enjoy it and write down your comments and critiques.

Just for your knowledge, this is a picture of an A-3 sized paper.

Best regards

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by pauloricardo; January 28th, 2013 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Update title

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.