Art: Portfolio [WIP]
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Portfolio [WIP]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Portfolio [WIP]

I'm trying to build my portfolio for the School of Computer Arts at SVA and although I don't have high hopes of getting in, I want to give it my best shot. My biggest problem is I'm not sure what kind of thing does a school like SVA look for in my portfolio. I Know I need to do some 'observation of life' stuff but I wanted to include some of my other personal stuff but I'm not sure if it's a good idea.

( Click to show/hide )
    Name:  Rei-shdw.png
Views: 511
Size:  273.1 KB
    [This is how my personal stuff looks like]

I was hoping I could use this kind of thing since it's what I feel more comfortable doing and I fear of producing stuff that looks forced.

I'm just looking for honest comments, I want to produce the best portfolio I'm capable. I appreciate your time.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Revend,

I think the image you posted is not bad at all and i personally quite like it, even if it's very (...very) stylized. The risk of making such stylized things is that they depend very much on the spectator taste, and it seems you are somehow aware of that judging from the insecurity you show in the message attached ;P

My advice is to be more confident and if you are really looking for honest and focused critiques i would suggest to post more images, so that it is possible for people to make a comparative analysis and think of a direction you should take to really improve

I really hope you will show more...

farewell and have fun!
    Andrea

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 1