Infinite Painter for S-Pen users...
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Infinite Painter for S-Pen users...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Infinite Painter for S-Pen users...

http://www.seanbrakefield.com/

Haven't had the time to execute much with Infinite Painter yet... But its certainly well worth looking into. Its current version has fixed many of the flaws that frustrated me to no end working with it a few months ago on my Galaxy Note phone.

Samsung Galaxy Note users should keep an eye on this one, it would be interesting to see how well it works with N-Trig Duosense equipped tablets (HP, Lenovo, and HTC tablets...). Its a bit pricey at $4.99 USD compared to Sketchbook Pro Mobile, but I think after seeing the program mature its a good investment thus far. Now, if I can find more time to generate some decent sketches on my phone...

Michael "Sudsy" Sutherland

CA sketchbook

Deviant Art Galleries:
    Sudsy Sutherland
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Do you know if there are any tutorials available for this? I installed on my Note 10.1, but couldn't really figure it out. I couldn't find an option to change brush size (I'm sure it's there somewhere), and all my lines came out jagged. Since so many people have raved about it, I'm sure it's me, and I would love to use this app to its potential.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Infinite Painter has a pretty decent in-app help file with some basic tutorials. Sadly, it doesn't cover every aspect you'll end up using. Another thing to note is that I can't get the smudge tool to work correctly with 2.0; other than that its great. Sadly, the website for the app is rather lacking compared to many other projects out there with incredible help files and tutorials. Its worth searching YouTube to see if someone has kindly made a video about it, but beyond that I have no other advice than using copious amounts of patience and trial and error.

CA sketchbook

Deviant Art Galleries:
    Sudsy Sutherland

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sudsy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Cool

Digital 'pencils':

Smudge tool is effected by the present brush choice at this point. For whatever reason, the pencil tool if selected as your main brush doesn't smudge at all until you switch to another tool. That tool, for example the oil brush, will use its own dynamics for smudging. Keep that in mind. But as far as 'inking':

There are a good number of brushes that emulate pens and ink brush strokes rather well.

Exported .tiff file worked well with the GIMP and Photoshop Elements (and I suspect Photoshop wouldn't have any issues).

CA sketchbook

Deviant Art Galleries:
    Sudsy Sutherland

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.