Anyone else ever had freakishly accurate horoscopes?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Anyone else ever had freakishly accurate horoscopes?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Anyone else ever had freakishly accurate horoscopes?

Theres a motherload of horoscope sites out there, and although I'm nobody to say what's right or wrong; I do think they are mostly BS.

I haven't tried reading my horoscopes since I was what.....14 maybe? I've have a very rough time since the beggining of august, and I'm stuck in a pretty unusual situation. I was taking a break from homework a few hours ago and I decided to tackle reading a horoscope or a few of them online, obviously not thinking much about it.

The first site literally described my whole year, from january to date, describing weekly events just as they happened. I went on to look at a few more and found that they all said the same thing. Obviously, self indulgence and wishful thinking can convince oneself that these horoscopes do really predict one's future or dictate one's course in life at a given time, and I can assure I'm not one of them. Nevertheless, my 2012 year has been perfectly described, not only for me but for my partner too.

I'm not discussing the validity of horoscopes, rather, just wondering if anyone else has had readings that are so accurate that it's somewhat unsettling

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    EVERYONE has a freakishly accurate horoscope: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forer_effect

If yours was even more accurate than that, keep in mind what you say above: there's a motherload of horoscopes out there. And a motherload of people reading them. It would be very surprising indeed if some were not freakishly accurate, just as it would be very surprising if absolutely nobody's long lost cousin calls a minute after they thought of them for the first time in years.

As you can see, just like all other Taureans, I don't believe in astrology. But to answer your question: no, I have never had a freakishly accurate horoscope.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blogmatix For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyMan View Post
    Theres a motherload of horoscope sites out there, and although I'm nobody to say what's right or wrong; I do think they are mostly BS.
    Not just mostly, they are. And who's to say nobody's to say that horoscopes are wrong? They don't predict shit. Call me when it accurately predicts name, dates, details, circumstances, down to the dot and the t.

The first site literally described my whole year
    Down to every. Last. Detail? Like how much money you spent on the 14th of March, how many joules of energy you consumed the next day, and what you happened to be doing on the 2nd Wednesday of April?
    I'm not discussing the validity of horoscopes, rather, just wondering if anyone else has had readings that are so accurate that it's somewhat unsettling
    To answer the question - no. But have I had eerie sets of coincidences? Yes, who hasn't? Literally countless exponential centillions of things and events happen all the time. What's a 1 in a million, compared to those odds?

"Never regret thy fall from grace, O' spirit of Icarian flight, for the greatest tragedy of them all to face, is to never feel the burning bright"
    Believe my lies, for I tell the truth about them. Or would you rather me lie about telling the truth?

| Sketchbook | Live Stream | Portfolio | dA | Facebook | Tumblr |

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Maledict For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I've had it happen to me a few times before, I just attributed it to coincidence and the Forer effect blogmatix linked to. ha What's really freaky deaky although is how I keep seeing repeating numbers everywhere; it's really starting to get to me too. 111, 10:10, 333, 555, 12:12 blaaaah!

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,652 Times in 1,617 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Not to mention people's brains always register some things better than others, like for example when a person has an eerie feeling about going to a plane and based on that feeling, decides not to go to the plane and later hears that the plane got to an accident, that person is likely to see that as some sort of mystical intuition because their brains haven't really registered the ten thousand other times they had an eerie feeling about something, but nothing happened.
    I remember reading that that also relates to many of this sort of things (not necessarily to your horoscope OP, but others), where couple on-spot horoscopes will register stronger than the bazillion not-on spot horoscopes, leading the person to believe horoscopes are actually true and so on.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Thanked 2,339 Times in 1,204 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I read all the horoscopes for everybody and then pick the one I like best. This raises the freakish accuracy rate, although that does mean that I'm a different sign every week. But I figure... why be tied down to just one constellation? Next week I might try being a Camelopardalis, see how that works out for me.

*** Sketchbook * Landscapes * Portfolio * Store***

"There are two kinds of students: the self-taught and the hopeless."
    - Dr. Piotr Rudnicki

Members who have read this thread: 1