Thinking about getting an Intuos 2 6x8 tablet. Is the 2 a bt old?
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Thinking about getting an Intuos 2 6x8 tablet. Is the 2 a bt old?

Hybrid View

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thinking about getting an Intuos 2 6x8 tablet. Is the 2 a bt old?

Okay, I'm new to tablets and I don't have much money. I was thinking of getting an intuos 6x8 but am a little worried that it might be out-dated?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Depends on how much you're getting it for. It's only outdated maybe if you can use a bamboo with the same levels of pressure.

If it is USB you're fine. If it comes with a working stylus, you'll be fine. If it is serial or a weird port, you will encounter problems.

The other problem is getting replacement sheets if the surface is scratched.

ikken is offline Her Wings Glow According To Her Mood Level 8 Gladiator: Thracian
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @ LuminousTyto
    if it's in working condition (meaning the tablet is usb, pen is there and it's working well, as Arshes mentioned), you're fine.
    getting replacement parts is close to impossible and you won't get any customer service from wacom as their last intuos 2 tablet was sold about 7 years ago.
    current wacom drivers don't support intuos 2 officially is well, but they still have older builds online (and current drivers might still work.)

I miss intuos 2 pen design quite a lot, it was wacom's finest probably. even if not so classy looking as current pen line-up.

@ Arshes Nei
    intuos 2 has extra value of tilt and bearing features (later only needed by certain corel painter brushes though), as opposed to only pressure sensitive bamboo.

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ikken View Post
    @ Arshes Nei
    intuos 2 has extra value of tilt and bearing features (later only needed by certain corel painter brushes though), as opposed to only pressure sensitive bamboo.
    Thanks ikken, didn't remember if the older intuos2 had it. I think the resolution is the same for the older intuos and newer bamboos (which help with accuracy).

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.