Art: Games Design student needing portfolio review
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Games Design student needing portfolio review

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Games Design student needing portfolio review

To be quick, I am looking for placements for my third year of university. I want to go into games design and I want to go into 2D art. Those of you that know me. I am not fantastic. I have a long way to go. But if you can tell me what I can add to my portfolio. What people are looking for I would be great.

portfolio : https://sites.google.com/site/pleask31/

Thanks for your time

Peter

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hello, Peter. I'd say remove the bad quality pictures of your sketches - replace them with scans, or clean them up in Photoshop. Some have looming shadows over them Best of luck to ya!

(also, far as I understand, it's customary to attach at least some samples of your works here on the forum, instead of just dumping a link)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pseudo-me For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Peter!

Looking at your portfolio i see a good start and the main thing to do is to keep it up. After that i would suggest you to carefully plan your journey, taking too many directions could get you lost.

You should decide one topic to focus on at this point: let's say you wanna be a character designer.
    Once you decided that start researching other people's works one the web and in comic books i.e.
    Then study anatomy. I think books are still the best but you can also find good free tutorials on Youtube. Btw here is a video i made about drawing the head profile:

After some studies you should try to emulate the way a professional character design presents his drawings (add notes, draw snapshots of how things works etc.)

Hope i could help, i agree with pseudo-me when she says "to attach at least some samples of your works here on the forum, instead of just dumping a link"...next time don't forget! ;P

farewell and have fun!
    Andrea

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Andrea Tarroni For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks guys for your support and feedback, I have just started life drawing classes and I feel I am improving dramatically!

Members who have read this thread: 1