Tird Time's A Charm... or something like that...
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tird Time's A Charm... or something like that...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Tird Time's A Charm... or something like that...

Back to the idea of being a physicist that's an artist along with the whole shoebang.

I have done quite a bit of research over the years. My bag is astrophysics. I design stars in a sense. Why, when there are so many out there already? Something to do, I suppose. Mostly because that's always been my method of reverse engineering in forward. It works. It got me the title of Doctor. Works for me, but in reality it makes me a servant for everyone else including time.

Last year I came up with a method to predict solar flares with no more data than the positions of the planets. It has been accurate to within a few days of every one we've had this year except in maarch the flare I predicted came 10 days early. (The next one is predicted for the 15th of October...) I have them through 2014, so I'm letting it all bake, so to speak. While doing that I've been marking time writing a sci-fi novel (trilogy actually. One is already written...)

http://www.drchamaillischroniclesoft....net/index.php

This is satire. This has a message about Global Warming and all we are experiencing now with quakes, and tornadoes, hhurricanes and volcanoes.

I'll illustrate it before it is actually made into both ebook and handbound book form.

Covers sell books. I'm realizing through interaction with many other up and coming (no pun intended) writers that most don't have the ability to do a cover. I'd like to hook artists up with the writers who need them, so I am essentially turning this handbound book idea into a publishing company.

http://www.ohpooh.webatu.com/

The site is still under construction, but I'll take a look see at submissions from those who would like to work with these writers. Some of them have some great work that could become illustrated novels. Some you could envision in a Heavy Metal magazine.

http://www.escapodule.freeiz.com/1_1...k-Caldera.html

This is a major concern, folks. I'm also planning to buy some mountain land in the not-too-distant-future. This site too is under construction. I'm doing all this in my spare time away from my regular research in alternative energy and other concepts that just might align with some of the minds in here.

In all that, my mission is to help people in general, but the artistic mindsets are, for me, kindred souls. I favor those, like me, who can simply paint a portrait or make things move across the paper. I have developed a theory of everything around the latter.

Thanx for checking me out.

Dr. C.

http://chronic.tempathy.net/page3.php

This should allow for the largest I have of these images at the moment without re-scanning or even re-photographing them. I'll keep adding more.

http://conceptart.org/forums/showthr...56#post3545456

dpaint is offline Registered User Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,878 Times in 2,354 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Why? Artists want paying jobs. Artists get hit on by writers all the time for work. We don't need a middle man for that. Most writers don't want to pay fair rates for work. You know, a couple of thousand for a book cover starting out. The art world doesn't need more people looking for cheap labor.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 936 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Thread title made me laugh a bit, 'tird time'

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @SE,
    You caught that

@dpaint

(as in deluxe paint?) I think i still have an old DOS program of that around somewhere...

As for working with writers, I understand the artist also gets royalties. OhPooh is a shoestring, but it still would offer one more outlet and place to link to. I used to get a good bit of work doing technical illustration when I wasn't calculating truss elements to quiet down the vibration (and sometime just out and out tremors) in boom arms and the placemennts of the pinions in front end loaders for companies that make heavy earth moving equipment.

I have found art is always a field where, unless you are a captive employee somewhere, that some see as a leech on the proverbial food chain, you have to do the work before you get the work. Once you are famous, that changes, but how many here are famous? What many of us used to do with an airbrush on a real world drawing board, now we do with ray tracers and the mouse button. I use Cybermotion and VUE 9 because they are cheaper than some others and I can make up for the rest with a mouse. I write software too. The point for what I'm doing is a means to an end. I really want to draw (no pun intended) some talented people together and form a real world community on one of a few specific mountain locations that I think will be safe from crustal displacement and social marauders. This seems to be a good little bees hive of talent. Of course I just got here. There's likely a lot more an old dude can find in here.

This should allow for the largest I have of these images at the moment without re-scanning or even re-photographing them. I'll keep adding more.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Man, if I could have a dollar for every brilliant polymath who turns to CA to do some agonized soul searching, I'd be in retirement now.

Now, designing stars for living sounds pretty cool. If I weren't as dumb as a fucking brick in math, I may well have done that, and not worried too much about where my life is going.

That flare prediction thing: do you have a mechanism for the correlation or is it at this point just a correlation? Have you done the necessary stats yet to make sure you are busy with astronomy and not astrology? The whole thing is way cool; do tell us how it turns out.

Me, I suck at math, I have no hint of talent in art, and despite a good ear for music, managed to fuck that up as well. But I'm getting too old for the soul-searching thing. I recommend that you smoke some more grass. Fuck, yeah!

(There's a thread somewhere here on CA titled "Fuck yeah"; it is very liberating. :-)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,517 Times in 2,457 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    http://2012forum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=18795

"As the title suggests, I am a physicist; astrophysicist to be more specific. To be straight forward and aligned with our Indiana Codes, I want to specify that my title has been recognized by judges in our county, so the "A" means autodidactic. There are some universities willing to credit me with an honorary degree as soon as I finish the body of work, but till then some of our local judges have taken some mercy on me and allowed me to use the title because they feel I deserve it and have been cheated from it by our space agency. So yes, it is correct to address me by that title."

So a nutter then Dr Me?

"Anyone who wants to help can call the building commissioner here and tell him my research is more important than their inspections. I live in Anderson, Indiana the phone to the building department is 765-648-6163. The commissioner's name is Michael J. E. Widing. If it wasn't for all their baloney, I'd have lectures on the You Tube by now and I don't think my computer for doing the renderings would have suffered the damage from the move, so I'd be up and running. I only have one patron as of now who gives me about $500 a month. I have to live on that, make my house and utility bill payments and little by little buy computer stuff. I am buying two houses though and one I'm tearing down for materials to build my own podule. I'm also researching a cellulose version of styrofoam for the floatation sections of these "arks""

Oh yes Dr Me, a nutter alright.
    Moral of the story: theres a layer of ice inside the sun. And the Mayans were contacted from the future. And if you call yourself a doctor long enough, other people will too... Please call me Dr Cool-Ice from now on.

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; September 27th, 2012 at 12:44 PM.
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    (From the author's forward of my novel)

A lot of people ask about that doctorate issue. I have bios in more than one area on the net that give that. I'm even starting a blog on my website forum. Five years ago, a judge let me use the title Dr. along with the Ph.D. moniker. I believe he was impressed that I could give himthe universe in about 30 seconds. I, not long afterward, reviewed the Indiana Codes about that and decided it was ethical to add an A. in front for "autodidactic." A judge or a child can accept the 30 second skinny about a theory of everything. A mainstream scientist can't accept any opinion that isn't aligned with theirs even if you gave them 30 years.

The sun in 10 seconds:

A core of thermo primus. Highest known heats, interfaced, by an adiabatic zone, to an output that is a stable secondary thermal system. The adiabatic zone would likely be composed of a dark anti-matter.

Another 10 seconds:

Dark matter is an outbound wave of time. Dark anti-matter is the inbound wave. matter, including that without significnt mass, such as photons or neutrinos, are resultant waves of collision probabilties and the associated effects of proximity.

Another 10 seconds:

Primordial star material is where both the problem of the controversy comes into conflict with the absolute solution.

My question to you, Kendall, is can you dredge upany more hatred to spread. Maybe you are relatively distanced from Yellowstone Caldera... from Antarctic subterranean lakes mainstream science seems so eager to drill into, reckless of primitiarum biologicus... from the human heart. Pretty eyes? Pirates smile? It's understandable. Typical; Vulgar, but understandable in such light. I certainly won't lower myself to throw your thumbnail sketches in your face. I thought I saw one, though in a place you wouldn't want anyone to go.

Please call me Dr Cool-Ice from now on.
    If you can deliver an off-the-cuff theorem of something worth contributing to the arts (in lieu of money which those, e.g. Doctor Arlo Guthrie contribute) or the sciences, as in a later proven theory that can fail others on a probability level, then we can call you Doctor Whateveryournameis, with no reservation. Otherwise, I'd probably address you as Doctor Mocker.

The one thing that disqualifies you from any type of doctoral consideration at the moment is your lack of reservation to do harm. I'd hate to have to introduce you as a family member on Thanksgiving.

"Yes, Kendall. We are having the family dinner in Iceland this year. Didn't you get the ticket?"
    "Yes, Dad. It' only a one way."
    "Don't worry, we'll take care of the other at the table..."

Original beats GIGO anyday. Don't buy the Yellowstone warnings? I don't care, but you might want to practice assuming the BOATYSWAG position.

Last edited by Dr Charbonneau; September 27th, 2012 at 02:03 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "The one thing that disqualifies you from any type of doctoral consideration at the moment is your lack of reservation to do harm. "

No, its the exact same thing that disqualifies you; because I havent studied for and attained my doctorate in any subject. In that regard, we are the same. The hypocratic oath is for medical doctors anyway dipshit, not physicists.

"A core of thermo primus. Highest known heats, interfaced, by an adiabatic zone, to an output that is a stable secondary thermal system. The adiabatic zone would likely be composed of a dark anti-matter."

Hang on I thought it was supercooled helium?

You realise the core of the sun is so hot electrons cant fall into shells round nucleii? Plasma fusing at millions of degrees? You know this right?
    The transition zone between the radiative and convective layers is explained by existing physics and doesnt need supercool helium/dark matter/insanity.

"A judge or a child can accept the 30 second skinny about a theory of everything. A mainstream scientist can't accept any opinion that isn't aligned with theirs even if you gave them 30 years."

Kind of sucks that peer review isnt just impressing some country judge or a child then I guess. Sadly, it is a tad more rigourous than that.

"Five years ago, a judge let me use the title Dr. along with the Ph.D. moniker."

Youre not a real doctor, you're a guy who's changed his name to Dr Charbonneau A PHD and uses this to trick the unsuspecting into giving him credence.

"I certainly won't lower myself to throw your thumbnail sketches in your face. I thought I saw one, though in a place you wouldn't want anyone to go."

Please elaborate?

Tell us more about how you enjoy infecting animals with encephalitis too.

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; September 27th, 2012 at 02:46 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Holy shit hahahaha

I hereby declare myself Doctor Love PHD. A judge said I was a real handful in the bedroom.
    Her name was Judge Sexy.

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Eater View Post
    Holy shit hahahaha
    Fun isn't it? When two argumentative members collide, we need to take into consideration is either or both are immovable objects or infinite forces or not. Either way I'm grabbing the popcorn.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nah Im good, I recognise the grandiose dellusions and vague threats symptomatic of mental illness when I see them and know there's no talking to that kind of craziness, ever.

But someone who deliberately infects animals with disease for no reason other than their own entirely bogus "research"... its a shame you cant punch people through computer screens.

The other thing is, real stellar thermodynamics is a lot more interesting than this guy's made-up bullshit. Did you know for example that sunlight is millions of years old?
    Its true. The light falling on your eyes right now left the sun 8 minutes ago, but was made in the core a lot longer ago than that. The core is made of plasma, gas atomic nucleii with no electrons around them to form atoms.
    Plasma is perfectly reflective to light, so photons made by fusion in the core bounce around along paths millions of light years long before they leave the core, and their energy is transfered into convective gas layers above the core, before finally being radiated at the surface.
    So the sunlight you see is a fossil.

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; September 27th, 2012 at 03:03 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    No, its the exact same thing that disqualifies you; because I havent studied for and attained my doctorate in any subject. In that regard, we are the same. The hypocratic oath is for medical doctors anyway dipshit, not physicists.
    So that gives one the red carpet to do harm? I think the judge, who was pretty intelligent and you've already identified where, would have tossed YOU in prison had you self appointed and been so audacious as to bring your demand into his court.

Hang on I thought it was supercooled helium?

You realise the core of the sun is so hot electrons cant fall into shells round nucleii? Plasma fusing at millions of degrees? You know this right?
    The transition zone between the radiative and convective layers is explained by existing physics and doesnt need supercool helium/dark matter/insanity.
    Unfortunately, your information is as half baked as your understanding. I suggest you go to the SOHO site and look at the elements deemed present in the solar atmosphere and if you intend to pick a battle of wits, next time bring something besides fluff to fight with.

Kind of sucks that peer review isnt just impressing some country judge or a child then I guess. Sadly, it is a tad more rigourous than that.
    Kind of sucks that the food chain gives credit to a regular customer than where it is really due. Sucks more that you pervert people's words. Maybe I should bring up some of your earlier work, Kendall. Incidentally, is that your pic in the tin-foil hat with the cat? I was wondering who had that amusing, albeit sad, bit of mockery.

Youre not a real doctor, you're a guy who's changed his name to Dr Charbonneau A PHD and uses this to trick the unsuspecting into giving him credence.
    Actually that's false, because I didn't change my name. Beyond that? So what? Still throwing marshmallows from your assymetrical hypothalamus?

Tell us more about how you enjoy infecting animals with encephalitis too.
    Funny, people like you with trouble reading are likely the reason so many call artist dumb. Like I said, I'll be kind and refrain from showing your earlier work.

Nonetheless, let me see how this particular editor processes images...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I recognise the grandiose dellusions and vague threats symptomatic of mental illness when I see them
    The institution personnel likely pound that into your head, so I'd imagine you learned that from first hand experience.

As I said, I've been kind in not showing your earlier works. Oh and, yes. Your work is very, very nice.

Where exactly were you institutionalized? What happened? It's okay to talk about it. What happened? Did you experience a psychotic break because someone spilled ink on one of you swirling deformed portraits? I'd imagine that could send an unstable person into a rage. My ex was like that. She bore a young child from her own brother. He is mentally ill. Unfortunately I was named as the father. He is schizoid. She, as it turned out is schizoid. He's 23 now and has rampage episodes that land him in jail. There's nothing I can do to help him.

In your case, you really need to read thoroughly before you make... let's say... erroneous accusations. I stated that my other half's MS doctors would obtain the infected animals that are used for such research. It's sad, but we are all desperate to find the cure. In my case, I just want to find a way to keep her vital organs working and the magnetic induction may just be successful.

YOU couldn't begin to envision something like that. That's why a judge will recognize me with a fitting title where you'd be tossed in prison for a few years, or likely just another mental institution for a few months till they get your meds adjusted. I'm sure those meds don't help your thinking very much. Art's a good outlet though for ones like you. Just keep taking your meds and keep drawing. You'll get a life someday

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,370 Times in 3,593 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Please post some art in the Critique section. Talk is cheap.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Indeed, we got no problem with you being disturbed. Most of us are.
    But you have exceeded your lounge bullshit quota. To reset it, post
    some of your art in the critique center.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Charbonneau View Post
    I have done quite a bit of research over the years. My bag is astrophysics. I design stars in a sense. Why, when there are so many out there already? Something to do, I suppose. Mostly because that's always been my method of reverse engineering in forward. It works. It got me the title of Doctor.
    No, it didn't. From what I've read it sounds like some eviction court county judge "granted" you that title.

Last year I came up with a method to predict solar flares with no more data than the positions of the planets. It has been accurate to within a few days of every one we've had this year except in maarch the flare I predicted came 10 days early. (The next one is predicted for the 15th of October...) I have them through 2014
    These are...where? in a journal under your bed? And your method is published..where?

I'm realizing through interaction with many other up and coming (no pun intended) writers
    No pun inferred..but thanks so much for that mental image.

In all that, my mission is to help people in general, but the artistic mindsets are, for me, kindred souls. I favor those, like me, who can simply paint a portrait or make things move across the paper. I have developed a theory of everything around the latter.
    You don't understand many things about being an artist or you would understand how threatening to show Dr. Velocity's early works as if it would do some harm to his reputation is laughable. Nobody starts out amazing (with some exceptions). In fact, here we tend to admire most those who have improved the most.

Pretty eyes? Pirates smile?
    Elton John?

She bore a young child from her own brother.
    Are you sure it wasn't an old child? (ok, ok, I'm sorry for that one, but this guy's supposed to be a writer, so cmon.)

In your case, you really need to read thoroughly before you make... let's say... erroneous accusations. I stated that my other half's MS doctors would obtain the infected animals that are used for such research.
    No. You said:
    The medical community is starting to recognize my research and has agreed to get me the lab mice and rats infected with Experimental Animal Encephalitis for the research that involves MS.
    Not that you asked your lady friend's doctors to get them for you. Either way Dr. Velocity's position stands, because if you take the infected animals that they were going to use from the lab, that means that they must replace them, meaning more animals are going to be infected because of you. Not that I personally have much against animal research in hopes of finding a cure for MS, but I can understand where Dr. Velocity is coming from when some astrophysicist/biochemist/writer/artist/unemployed with no laboratory no credentials and no actual means to carry out experiments wants to do some "research".

The physicist understands the nature of electromagnets and how they relate to Harvard's work in Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation far better than the medical artist or biologist. There are always exceptions to the rule.

The EAE is used to simulate the characteristics of MS. The magnets, in sequential excitation, may have the effect of inducing nerve stimulation now being accomplished with electrodes (Ouch!) similar to the TMS. Such is ONE area of my research. I mostly deal with black holes on a small scale, as in MBH (micro-black-holes as opposed to SMBH; super-massive-black-holes) discovered both at Brookhaven and with the LHC at Cern. So research wise I cover a lot of ground.
    How are you going to afford electromagnets? You can't even afford a computer. For that matter, how do you "deal with" black holes when you don't even have a computer?

My theory is that you get your subsistence from being a care provider for this woman with MS and spend most of your free time on internet forums at the local library doing things like spouting science to a bunch of artists so the possibility of someone being able to debunk you is lower.

The OT's already been covered, I think. No middle man is needed to bring illustrators to unknown writers in the age of the internet.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    That was poetry Stacy.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 473 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I gotta be honest here.
    I have no idea what the fuck is going on. Truly baffled.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Fine work on your dissection Dr Bean, if I may:

"Where exactly were you institutionalized? What happened? What happened? It's okay to talk about it. "

Ive not been institutionalised. But I do like talking so if youre happy to listen, here's my story. I think it all began when-

"My ex was like that. She bore a young child from her own brother. "

Thats terrible.. so anyway I-

"He is mentally ill. Unfortunately I was named as the father."

Ok you talk then-

"Maybe I should bring up some of your earlier work, Kendall. "

Well ok if you like but what would you-

"Incidentally, is that your pic in the tin-foil hat with the cat? "

Er no I think its from a website called the google, they have all kinds of stuff like that. So you mentioned my early thumbails that-

"you really need to read thoroughly before you make... let's say... erroneous accusations"

hey but you just accused me of-

"Just keep taking your meds and keep drawing. You'll get a life someday "

Oh well, thanks I guess. Maybe if I keep taking my meds and work hard on my Theories I can one day be a fake doctor with a broken computer and no money.
    Till then Ill have to soldier on as a fake doctor with a working computer and no money.

Heres the info about the sun he told me to find.
    http://sohowww.nascom.nasa.gov/classroom/sun101.html
    Its... its the sun....? Hydrogen, helium, huge and hot...? not... not really sure where the... where the.... where... eh
    Lets just watch Babycakes, that always cheers me up

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; September 27th, 2012 at 10:46 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Eater View Post
    That was poetry Stacy.
    That's DOCTOR Stacy to you. ;-)

Last edited by blogmatix; September 28th, 2012 at 08:50 AM.

Arshes Nei is offline Registered User Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,259 Times in 2,074 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice. - Bill Cosby "PH.D" (who is really ED.D) And not a doctor, though he played one on TV.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Y'see Theo, you've got learn to let a man take a bath. Im Cosby Number 6, Bathtub Cosby, y'see." Bathtub Cosby.

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; September 28th, 2012 at 09:33 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Somebully wanted to know where the predictions were?

http://jootbox.websitetoolbox.com/po...182?trail=15#8

Here's one with an earlier date of post.

Mr Netbag's earlier plagiarization of my post in 2012forum wasn't that far off from finding one of the posts last October.

What cracks me up is how those who mock, haven't a clue, but sure have a crock.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Somebully wanted to know where the predictions were?
    My security program blocks this site. I'm not a bully, man. I didn't say anything near the visceral hate you were spewing at VK. Hell, I didn't even call you crazy.

http://jootbox.websitetoolbox.com/po...182?trail=15#8

Here's one with an earlier date of post.

Mr Netbag's earlier plagiarization of my post in 2012forum wasn't that far off from finding one of the posts last October.

What cracks me up is how those who mock, haven't a clue, but sure have a crock.
    You told us the next flare was set for Oct. 15th this year. That link says it's set for Oct. 27th. You told us you predicted the flares through planetary alignment. On that site you say you predict them through symmetrical reflections off volcanoes or some such. I know nothing about science, but inconsistencies look suspicious. I also know that anyone with a new, exciting and respectable method of predicting important information would have it published somewhere of scientific rapport. All you have is a few dates splashed on an internet forum and a broken NASA link.

I also couldn't help but notice when reading that thread that you did it...again!! lol

These are referring to full blow eruptions (no pun intended.)

Last edited by Stacybean; September 28th, 2012 at 12:14 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Grandiose claims

"I just want to find a way to keep her vital organs working "
    "I mostly deal with black holes on a small scale,
    "I'm a doctor of physics for christ's sake"
    ""Quantum Nuclear Relativistic Astrophysicist." It means I have a background in all those areas."
    "I'm about Arnold Scwartzeneger's build"
    "I am buying two houses"
    "Luckily God blessed me as a well accomplished illustrator too."
    "I have developed a theory of everything around the latter.
    "I get paid for a variety of things"

at odds with reality

"I only have one patron as of now who gives me about $500 a month. I have to live on that,"

Vague threats

"Maybe I should bring up some of your earlier work, Kendall."
    ""Like I said, I'll be kind and refrain from showing your earlier work."
    "I certainly won't lower myself to throw your thumbnail sketches in your face. I thought I saw one, though in a place you wouldn't want anyone to go."
    "you'd be tossed in prison for a few years, or likely just another mental institution "

Paranoia about persecution

"I've been managing to fight off the local officials"
    "the building department breathing down my neck with their part of the oppression and I have to fight them"
    "one doesn't have a great deal of time to react to their "nazi" fear generator."
    "all this pressure of these people breathing down my neck"
    "try to deceive me about the whole thing"
    "I deserve it and have been cheated from it by our space agency."
    "these jerks trying to cut off my electricity again when I always pay my bill. "

Bipolar. (Being a fake doctor is easy!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bipolar_disorder

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; September 29th, 2012 at 11:26 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    This warning to the good doctor still applies by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Arshes Nei View Post
    People are getting itchy on swinging the ban hammer. My final warning to you. Your next post should be posting your artwork or the next post you make will be your last.
    "I'm about Arnold Scwartzeneger's build"
    Might be a grain of truth in that one.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I don't think I singled you out, Stacy, but you haven't exactly shown any respect, nor has anyone on this thread, up till maybe your last post (don't know, haven't scrolled up yet today) shown any interest in what I'm saying. The fact is, I'm human, same s the rest of you. If a judge saw fit to recognize me as a doctor of physics, I'm running with that. What some, as jootbox shows among others, respect is my honesty in it all. Velocity got a can of whoopass because he opened the lid. You haven't exactly been the peace maker.

I came to find some other artists to talk with. I thought, yes, it might be nice to share some work, but I felt it was best to simply be blunt and get the rocky, horror story out of the way first (pun intended) (and, yes, I make sexually referenced puns too if one strikes me. No intent, other than to amuse.) then share critique. My avatar is some of my color pencil work. A first draft for an illustration.

In that, I make mistakes. It wasn't a mistake coming here. I saw what the artistic community is really like. Degrees earned in academia? BScME and I piddled around working toward an AA. (not Alcoholics Anonymous either) Got called on too many engineering travel assignments that include nuclear plants, to 737's, to transit buses in Philly, to nuclear powered destroyers in Passagoulla Mississippi and a variety of others. I've designed boats for Starcraft and others, worked as a welding supervisor, a technician to service EE's designing digital fuel control systems for fighter jets and have played lead guitar (a Strat usually or double neck Gibson, Martin, etc., sometimes mounted on a mike stand for quick change access) but made a fatal career move called marriage... twice. Then I stumbled into the sign trade.

made a pretty decent living till every hillbilly and his brother bought a vinyl cutter, so returned, mostly to engineering.

As for the date mixup on the flares, I have to check my own references sometimes. I compose usually online and on the fly. I go back and correct if rally need be. The facts are still the same, I called every one of them since last October using the ephemeris and a reductive set of linear equations including Hook's law. It forms a triangle that actually points to where the filament or flare should occur. It's limited to ones that will affect us.

As for the star and the netbagger, he doesn't have a clue, but if he decides to play nice. Over time I'll show what I know is correct and some other theories too. At the least, they are food for thought.

This is one design for a sort of survival "TOM" or "Pod" that is a houseboat/generator/greenhouse/EMF shield that the city here has condoned to be built in my back yard. I'm doing that, but, like the "sad" thread about people thinking barinchildren are born overnight, it's not just that simple as pulling it out of my back pocket.

As for your browser, you're the first to mention that. maybe change soem firewall settings. There's a whole list of quakes around the planet M6.0 and above since May 2010. The site is under construction.

Effectively, this is my olive branch. If people don't like that a judge, who's a pilot and a lexicographer BTW, recognized my abilities as deserving a doctorate title, I really GARA. To relate to 99.99% of the people on or off the net, I have to be vulgar. I want to make peace. I don't want to make people cry. Mother Nature's doing enough of that for all of us. I want to dry some tears.

There's one method of framing a pod. That's on the site too.

This was the first one I designed in Cybermotion

and anoher one

and a little piddly acrylic work... about 20 minutes not including gesso

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm ignoring the netbagger. He draws false assumptions from out of context phrases. major sign of a cyber-bully. All he's doing is spreading hated. If there's a god and we see that maker someday, I'd hate to be mr. kendall...

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "Velocity got a can of whoopass"

What some call a can of whoopass, others call a 1* vote on my Finally Finished thread...cheers for that...

"If a judge saw fit to recognize me as a doctor of physics, I'm running with that."

Youre not a real doctor. You dont have a PhD. You are a charlatan sir. The fact that you admit youre not in any way qualified to call yourself a doctor, but do anyway, and simultaneously state "I have been very honest and open. I have no intention of depicting myself as something I'm not" is bizarre. You havent been honest. Being honest you would not append a fake PhD onto every single web profile you have set up.

"major sign of a cyber-bully."

Ha ha whoa there chief, you keep threatening me with what you clearly feel would be the unbearable social exclusion resulting from you "showing my earlier work." Grow some balls and go ahead, srsly.

"The theory postulated that stars, especially like ours, have a second semi-solid to solid layer that provides a temperature interface between the hotter deep core and the outer "convection" layer and the photosphere we see as the sun's disk. The layer must be composed of Supercooled Helium (4&3) and ice."

All I really want to know from you "Doctor" is how you explain a layer of ice inside the sun (or was it anti-dark matter?) without resorting to simply saying how clever you are and how stupid I am.
    I looked up the SOHO information and there was nothing about supercold helium anywhere.. Go ahead, the floor is yours

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; September 28th, 2012 at 11:40 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ...but I felt it was best to simply be blunt and get the rocky, horror story out of the way first (pun intended) (and, yes, I make sexually referenced puns too if one strikes me. No intent, other than to amuse.)
    You are driving me nuts with these "puns". I imagine as a doctor who's written multiple papers for publication (you know, like doctors are supposed to do) you should know some basic phrases in writing. A pun is a form of word play where you're either using similar-sound words ("There was a big paddle sale at the store today, it was quite an oar deal.") or you're playing with the meanings of a word ("I'm really butchering these livestock jokes aren't I?"). You're using regular words (come, erupt) and calling attention to them as a sexual double entendre without any sort of set-up beyond including them in a sentence. Please stop. You're a doctor. You should be able to write better than this.

Check out my sketchbook! Socially acceptable opportunity to yell at a teenage girl!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 11