Art: My demo reel
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: My demo reel

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

My demo reel

Hey CA. Im a recent graduate from the Art Institute of Boston's animation program. here is my demo reel. what do you think?
    https://vimeo.com/49973544

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    nice work, solid presentation too. I'm really glad you didn't edit it to music or something, I could focus on what your work. I hate it when reels get too fancy.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Some of your forms are inconsistent, mostly due to your lines being messy and uncontrolled in placed. It's difficult to get them right but you kind of have to, to get smooth animation. This is your demo reel, so you should take the time to clean up the sketchy animation, put in a cleaned up background to really ground your figures in space. Also you characters are jerking around a bit too much, especially in that last bit with the coach. You need more frames there to make that work, but you also need to meet the timing requirements of the dialogue, so you've moved the character's head and shoulder more than he could actually move in that situation. Plan these things out ahead of time with thumbnails to get a sense of timing before you draw the finished bits. Also film video reference.
    To get a job in today's 2D industry you should also show you know how to use Flash or ToonBoom very well. So put in some vector stuff, perhaps combining tweens with classical animation. A demo reel should be around 2 minutes, so you have another 50 seconds or so to fill up with material.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.