Art: Kirsten Sjursen-Lien - Animation Portfolio
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Kirsten Sjursen-Lien - Animation Portfolio

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Kirsten Sjursen-Lien - Animation Portfolio

Hello, my name is Kirsten Sjursen-Lien. I am a senior in high school, and hope to be accepted to CalARTs' character animation program. I attended CSSSA 2012 for animation, and became sure that the world of animation is one I would like to be involved in. I'm not really sure where I want to go with my own style as an artist, and have been mostly just experimenting like crazy. Since this portfolio will be tailored to CalARTs' character animation program, I would love critiques on my figures and the storytelling aspects of my other pieces.

More work on my website, here: http://kirstenlien.daportfolio.com/

Thanks so much,

Kirsten

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi Kirsten,

Very nice drawings and i had a look at you site too...good job!

As you already said you are experimenting a lot and that's absolutely visible in your works. That's a good thing but i personally think i has its downsides. Thinking about character animation i see a very stylized world...so it's good you can apply different styles but when it comes to a portfolio, you would maybe want to chose one that fits you and explore and show more of that.

Like saying: "I can do all of this different stuff (which is great) but my absolutely original choice (which is definitely the best is this one!". I think in the end design it's all about making choices so you get to a point where you have to make a statement.

I took a look at calarts' site too, and i also think you wanna chose your school very accurately (if you have the possibility of different choices, obviously)...a course should be not only cool and full of very intellectual and stimulating people, but also effective, it should give you the right tools for your profession. I just mean, be sure you double check

Good luck, and i hope to see more uploads...

farewell and have fun!
    Andrea

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Members who have read this thread: 1