Monstruous Horse Battle - Help!
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Monstruous Horse Battle - Help!

A person on deviantArt comissioned me to illustrate her two warrior characters battling the Night Mare, a monstruous horse with faces on the skin and inexplicable darkness within (etc.).

However, I've never attempted a dynamic illustration like this, with a background and everything, so of course I came here for a bit of help and a heapload of critique!

She wants the two main characters to be in focus, and the shorter, longer haired girl being in front of the tall slender one.

She likes this composition so far, but any other ideas are uber welcome, really. I feel it lacks a certain something so far.

Name:  sshot-2.png
Views: 226
Size:  173.3 KB

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 832 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    When you're working out the composition, don't make it so big. Draw a bunch of tiny thumbnails. It'll be much easier (and quicker) to pick one out that you like.

Right now with this one I think you need to consider the perspective as well as what you're going to do with the background. As far as I understand the horse is coming at the characters from the background. But the girl to the left seems to be shooting straight to the side, while the other one is actually facing away from the horse. There's not much sense in what she's actually doing. Is she preparing to take a swing at the horse? And why are they almost standing on top of each other? That seems like a very impractical position to be in in a fight.

"I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.