Ringling College of Art and Design 2013 Hopefuls - Page 15
Join Free Art WorkShopJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Ringling College of Art and Design 2013 Hopefuls

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    When I applied, my portfolio was no better or worse (though probably worse) than many of those applying in this thread. I took my education seriously, learned all that I could from my teachers and my peers, and spent my time wisely. It's yielded results - I now work in the industry with several other fellow graduates. But to be sure, there are certainly people I graduated with that no longer pursue art or never got a job in their industry. A lot of this had to do with their dedication in school and the portfolio they graduated with not being tailored and ready to go.

The education at Ringling is there. It's up to the students to make it happen. So while there could be reviews that say Ringling overaccepts and does so on money over merit, or whatever else excuses people have said, what it comes down to is that the education is what you make of it. Do you slack off or commit yourself? Do you pull as much knowledge that you can from those around you or spend your time less economically? Do you blame the school for your own shortcomings or take ownership of your education?

I'm not a Ringling employee or anything like that, I just had a very wonderful experience there and have seen the investment in my college and education returned ten fold, in both my developed skills as well as friendships and connections made from my time there. It's ultimately up to you to achieve the potential of your education, Ringling or not.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Amaranthine For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by themegagod View Post
    I've read a lot of similar reviews and I think there is some validity to the claims. Sad but true. Most big name schools have similar practices.
    But it's not as unethical as it sounds...
    The school more than likely does accept many students simply for money. They may not think the student has what it takes to really succeed, but they give the student a chance. giving an artist a shot is a good thing right? I think so. Yet if the student doesn't show signs of success, for the school is it all about money? Well if they have too many open seats, it's really bad for profitability and such, so maybe a bit, yeah. In fact I've read that a lot the money from all of the less known programs (fine arts, art business, etc) go into the things like labs, and so on, that are only really used by the "major" programs such as CA and GAD. This is NOT to say that the other programs aren't also great, but things like CA cost more, so money from another's tuition might go into those programs. It's just business, and not meant to be taken personally by any program- it's sort of like if a school has an award winning football team, a lot of money goes into that activity as it brings in a lot of money to the school overall.
    and about failing- well the saying about Ringling goes, "it's easy to get in, hard to stay". With all of the stress surrounding the portfolio acceptance that's kind of hard to imagine, but I've seen/heard it enough times to believe it. With a strict attendance policy (I think you can only miss a total of 4 classes in a semester), intense classes and work loads, and a mandatory (I think) 2.5 GPA minimum, many are expected to fail. And though a C average doesn't sound as though it is all that hard to maintain, I can imagine it gets a good bit harder when you begin going on binges where for 3 days at a time you may not sleep (A student of CA told me they eventually had to do this regularly to keep up- he would fall asleep in bathroom stalls). So is it easy to fall behind and get the boot- let's just say, when you haven't slept, you are zoning out/ sleeping in classes (because you can't miss the class to catch up in other assignments), and then attempting to finish all of your projects, but not make them look rushed, so that you can pass and get a bit of shut eye- I'd imagine it isn't impossible to fall behind and out.
    Now let's say, in the off chance a crummy student, does just enough to pass, but not enough to succeed, why would the school then boot the student out, and not simply accept all of their money? that sounds just down right mean.
    Mostly reputation. IDK what was everyone else's selling point on Ringling, but I know mine was seeing the student galleries. I saw their CA videos, and thought to myself , "in four years I could be able to do THAT?" When they sent me an information (proof) book, and I saw it was created by students, and all of the work inside was created by students, and it was all beautiful I was again even further amazed.
    I'm not sure what the statistic are now, but i know that when I first heard about ringling it had a 100% job placement for interior design students. That almost made me want to apply for interior design, not having any like or love for that really- it was just the idea of a guaranteed job at the end. I've never seen a commercial for ringling, I've still never seen the campus, and never has a box in the corner of my facebook advised I look into ringling- all of it's advertisement seems to be based on word of mouth and the school's merit as being one of the best schools for art. Think about it, when was the last time you saw a commercial for yale? but you know of the school right? If the school lost its reputation, it may very well lose everything.
    Now if ringling didn't weed out the less than the best, their reputation would go down. Perhaps the interior design program would have only a 75% job placement at the end... doesn't sound so good anymore. good but not outstanding. The CA program would have more mixed reviews. if mediocre students graduated regularly do you think it would still be ranked on of the best CA programs in the nations? Imagine graduating along with a student who couldn't animate a walk cycle by the end of all four years- companies would be less likely to hire graduates, as they'd not be sure what the quality of alumni actually is. So if they didn't weed out the not as good students, they would lower their reputation, then fewer good students would enroll, as fewer companies would hire, and as the education the school provided would mean less, the school would have to lower tuition, and if they lowered tuition they couldn't afford to keep great teachers, and then the cycle gets worse and worse. As well, if you are going down the artist path, yet you weren't fleshing out into a professional level, would you rather an institution tell you that you suck, or would you rather they tell you to just keep giving them money, and then when you graduate have nothing to show for it?
    In many ways the weeding system is for everyone's benefit, yet still the goal is to be in the bracket of students who don't get weeded out.
    On top of all of that that goes into the weeding process, I've also read that Ringling, though very good at weeding out most students, still is not perfect- and therefore, you should be trying harder than their expectations. (stressed yet; I am).

I've lived all over New Jersey. I came down to Tampa, from Atlantic city (south), grew up in Monmouth county (central) And have regularly visited family that live in newark and jersey city (north). I love the weather down here, and in fact I was just telling a local about that early. As a fellow New Jersian, I have yet to find an issue here in sunny florida. People do keep warning that the summer gets humid and incredibly hot, but around September when i came down, it was really nice out IMO. I'm also always been a summer person. I love to feel the heat beating down on me and I love the sun. I hate the cold- cold hurts, it's one of the main reasons I decided to get out of new jersey before I was even accepted.
    I don't think it's unethical, it is a good way, even if it is a bit sneaky, to make money and they are giving people a chance. I was just curious if there was some truth to it was all, means I just need to step up my game is all. I also wanted to make sure Ringling wasn't one of those schools that just takes your money and leaves you out to dry without teaching you much of anything. Since I know schools that are known to guzzle up money are like that. Like Full Sail or DMAC or any of AIs, any of those diploma mills schools. I'm totally for the weeding out system. If you don't work for your right to stay and learn then you have no business being at Ringling to begin with.

Ahaha nice. W00t for fellow Jersians! Luck you, though, the weather does really suck up here. It's been rainy and cold. I also really hate the cold. I'm a tiny person and enjoy the heat and sun my self. I also love to swim, which is difficult unless you live by the jersey shore but even then it's too cold to swim half the time unless it's in the summer. It sucks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by steampoweredseagoat View Post
    Since I know schools that are known to guzzle up money are like that. Like Full Sail or DMAC or any of AIs, any of those diploma mills schools. I'm totally for the weeding out system. If you don't work for your right to stay and learn then you have no business being at Ringling to begin with.

I'm a tiny person and enjoy the heat and sun my self.
    When I told my high school animation teacher that I wanted to go to art school the first thing she told me was MAKE SURE THEY'RE ACCREDITED. Each region of the country has some accreditation program that checks the schools every year and makes sure they are following their rules as to how colleges/universities are to be run. If a school does not meet those standards proposed by the accreditation program (like all teachers must have masters, degree granting authority from the government, adequate program length, etc.), it's probably a scam or sorts, like AI. She had a student who went to AI and I can't remember if a.) she was 100k in debt and when she went to apply for jobs her diploma meant shit or when she tried to apply for grad school they didn't count her credits because AI wasn't an accredited institution which still means her diploma meant shit or b.) she was like 25-75k in debt and went to transfer to another art school and because AI wasn't accredited, none of her credits transferred, which left her in debt and had to start over from zero. She thought Ringling was one of those schools until we checked it out and made sure it was SACS accredited (Southern Accreditation of Colleges and Schools, it's the accreditation program for the southern region of the US). So I think we're pretty good with Ringling, I mean after all their hard work that they put into the school to make it one of the best in 3D animation, I don't think they'd have that reputation as a diploma mill.

I'm a tiny person lol I don't know how you tolerate the cold, even in my cold (probably like 75 degrees or so) classrooms I start hibernating lmfao I'm so ill-adjusted to the cold, I think my body has come to learn that when it's cold, it's time to sleep and get as warm as possible.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by anomalexie View Post
    When I told my high school animation teacher that I wanted to go to art school the first thing she told me was MAKE SURE THEY'RE ACCREDITED. Each region of the country has some accreditation program that checks the schools every year and makes sure they are following their rules as to how colleges/universities are to be run. If a school does not meet those standards proposed by the accreditation program (like all teachers must have masters, degree granting authority from the government, adequate program length, etc.), it's probably a scam or sorts, like AI. She had a student who went to AI and I can't remember if a.) she was 100k in debt and when she went to apply for jobs her diploma meant shit or when she tried to apply for grad school they didn't count her credits because AI wasn't an accredited institution which still means her diploma meant shit or b.) she was like 25-75k in debt and went to transfer to another art school and because AI wasn't accredited, none of her credits transferred, which left her in debt and had to start over from zero. She thought Ringling was one of those schools until we checked it out and made sure it was SACS accredited (Southern Accreditation of Colleges and Schools, it's the accreditation program for the southern region of the US). So I think we're pretty good with Ringling, I mean after all their hard work that they put into the school to make it one of the best in 3D animation, I don't think they'd have that reputation as a diploma mill.

I'm a tiny person lol I don't know how you tolerate the cold, even in my cold (probably like 75 degrees or so) classrooms I start hibernating lmfao I'm so ill-adjusted to the cold, I think my body has come to learn that when it's cold, it's time to sleep and get as warm as possible.
    I almost went to AI Philadelphia- like I literally called it off the day that classes began. It would have only cost like a total of 80 thou. for the four years, and that's before financial aides and all of the rest- but unless I was given a free ride- I really don't think it would have at all been worth it. I'm not sure the school- all four years even would have been worth even 10 grand in debt. I had to call it off when I saw the final products of their alumni. It wasn't that their portfolios were bad- but I decided I didn't want to go to a school whose final product looked... well achievable- A lot of their character sketches and art looked like something, I, straight out of high school, could do. Some of their programs seemed okay, but their animation and media design seemed as though it could use some work- and that is sort of how they get you. their school in California seems to have a good animation program, so the school will talk about their program there. With the AIs if you NEED to go to one one of them make sure you are going to the best branch for what program you want to study.
    And I've known many people who enrolled in an AI or another- I still don't know a person yet who stuck through it, because they all say the education was lacking. I have heard similar stories about Fullsail- of course you get what you put in, but some schools are a lot harder to "put in" than others. No offense to anyone who might be looking at those school- just be REALLY careful.

And I don't know that it's being tiny that does it; I think some people are just meant for the cold and some are not. I'm about 6 foot (6'2 if you count the hair), 180 lbs (sometimes 175 depending on the scale), and I've never been "small". This doesn't change the fact that I wear gloves when it drops down to 65, and tend to shiver if I'm not wearing at least a sweater and jacket. I rarely use AC, except when I'm trying to sleep, and that only goes down to my comfortable sleep temp of 75-80 (and then I still bundle under a blanket). It actually feels good to me to get into a stifling hot car that has been sitting in the sun.
    I have a hard time waking up if it's cloudy much less cold.
    I mean can I take the cold? sure- maybe better than some- But do I like the cold? HELL NO. cold sucks. it hurts and I don't like it- and though I morn the loss of the environment, a part of me sadly cheers for global warming. People who like the cold- I seriously don't get them. most I've talked to seem to be heavy set, or just like the going from the cold into the warm, or drinking something hot while being cold. to me, they like being warm, but just don't realize it. It makes no sense otherwise. Some have said they hate to sweat- but again I don't get that.... I actually kind of like sweating (except for the smell).
    Maybe I'm just tiny at heart.

Quote Originally Posted by steampoweredseagoat View Post

Ahaha nice. W00t for fellow Jersians! Luck you, though, the weather does really suck up here. It's been rainy and cold. I also really hate the cold. I'm a tiny person and enjoy the heat and sun my self. I also love to swim, which is difficult unless you live by the jersey shore but even then it's too cold to swim half the time unless it's in the summer. It sucks.
    lived on the jersey shore most of my life- and i've gone swimming in November and early May. lets just say it was a really quick dip.
    I do miss living along the shore though- Being around the corner from the beach is wonderful. So I look forward to being in Sarasota where the water is just a hop away- I've visited clearwater once, and the water there was beautiful, so if the beaches in Sarasota are the same- I don't think I'll ever long for the murky green sewer water i used to call the beach again. lol. Nothing like hitting the beach at 4 am with a group of friends (clothing optional)- or spending a hot afternoon cooling down in water, tanning on the baking sand (Clothing mandatory). Nostalgia.

Fudge this AWESOME place!!!

My SKETCHBOOK: please critique! i can take it!

To limit one's maximum knowledge is to maximize one's limits.

Sanity is wasted on the boring.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Just want to jump into the whole weather conversation...Coming from Texas, I get the feeling like things wouldn't change much for me. I mean, where I'm from, it rarely gets below 40, except in the middle of the night, so warm winters in Florida wouldn't be a big change. Honestly, I wish I could be somewhere were the changing of seasons actually happened. It just bugs me when they call it winter and it's 80 degrees. Really? 80 degrees is summer, not winter. But anyways, I don't know how body size can really be taken into account, as I'm short (5'5) and have a bit of a weight problem and I don't like cold weather much at all.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by JAndrews View Post
    I mean, where I'm from, it rarely gets below 40, except in the middle of the night, so warm winters in Florida wouldn't be a big change. Honestly, I wish I could be somewhere were the changing of seasons actually happened.
    I agree. I wish we could see more of the weather changes the north experiences, there's ups and downs to whatever part of the climate spectrum you're on. We used to have these trees on the entrance to one of the highways down here that would change the color of its leaves accordingly with the season and I always looked forward to passing by them because it made me feel like maybe we can experience actual seasons like we're supposed to. Oh well. I feel like the only weather difference between Texas and Florida is that it's rainier over here and it's a tad drier in Texas. Or does it equally rain as much during the spring/summer/autumn time as it does here? lol i remember a couple years ago there was this cold front and a couple rain storms happening during winter for a week or so. It was miserable lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm from Texas too! (Houston)

For the last two or so years we've had a terrible dry spell, so you might be right in Florida getting more rain anomalexie. We get rain sure (it actually just poured yesterday lol) but not as much as we need It's incredibly sad to see a bunch of dead trees and plants everywhere. Like, there used to be this one field of sunflowers I used to love driving by, and it's pretty much all gone now. So, the heat won't bother me, I'm pretty used to the triple digits and I actually love being out in the sun. I've never even seen snow so I'm sure I'm more bothered by the cold in comparison to others lol

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    TEXAASSSSS
    Ohrii and I are both from Texas! (I'm from the Austin area!)

There's a lot of Texans here, surprisingly. xD We seem to attract each other.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Anyone have a rough estimate on how much more expensive single dorms are compared to doubles?

Also, about the weather in Florida - I've lived here all my life and I'm still not used to it. It gets REALLY bipolar starting around November, sometimes October, from extreme heat to cold to rain etc. But I think I like it better than somewhere that gets really cold in the winter anyways.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmcm View Post
    Also, about the weather in Florida - I've lived here all my life and I'm still not used to it. It gets REALLY bipolar starting around November, sometimes October, from extreme heat to cold to rain etc.
    bipolar sums it up well lol

depending on the building you get it can range from about $200-500 dollars more a semester

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Diehasen View Post
    There's a lot of Texans here, surprisingly. xD We seem to attract each other.
    LOL Really? I mean, it makes sense, since Texas is like the largest state in the continental US, but I didn't really think there would be that many, since there are so many pretty decent colleges in Texas. I'm from the Dallas area.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Texas is the second largest contributor of students at Ringling, second only to Florida. They very heavily recruit from this area as well. If any of you went to the National Portfolio Day in Dallas, I was at the Ringling booth reviewing portfolios.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey folks! I'm a bit late to the party but I'm a freshman CA at Ringling - I was in last year's hopefuls thread so I can definitely empathize with the wait, so hang tight They've been keeping us pretty busy at Ringling so I only got to skim through the posts here. Looks like a few other current students are already in here helping out, but I'd be happy jump in if you guys had any more questions from another student.

It's a little bit ahead of time, but I also run late night drawing challenges over Skype when we get school breaks. A lot of my fellow classmates and even some friends from CalArts and I got to draw together that way before school started. I definitely wouldn't mind hosting a special session later on before the semester ends - it'd be a nice way to draw with a combo of current students and the next batch of incoming freshmen :]

Good luck!

Blog:
    http://lopezkyle.blogspot.com/

15. The Following User Says Thank You to KyleDrawer11 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Aw nuts...Apparently I got an email from Ringling today stating that they haven't gotten my letter of recommendation...And that I've got until February 8 for them to review the application. But I don't get it...My teacher told me that he had sent it off a week before deadline, so they should have gotten it by now. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    @JAndrews: I'm in the same boat as you. The person who sent you the email should be your admissions counselor, at least mine was. I would email him back asking what to do. My counselor told me to get my professor to email him the letter instead of admissions so he could stick it in my file. Also, I would contact your teacher about the situation since they are probably going to have to resend the letter. And most importantly, calm down, freaking out isn't going to help. You've still got time to set things right.

@anomalexie: Oh yeah, I always make sure the college is accredited. It's why I avoided all the ones I listed. Thing is not all accredited colleges are good. SCAD and Academy of Art are both accredited and I've read so many horrible reviews about the two schools. About how they are diploma mills and accept everyone and just want your money and that the education is just horrible. So yeah I'm always weary when I hear negative reviews especially problems that multiple times one different reviews. Though I'm also aware that sometimes people are just butthurt about schools not being how they wanted it. I see so many stupid reviews whining about how there isn't much night life or parties and stuff. And I really wonder if half of these people actually researched the area before applying. But yeah I agree that Ringling is pretty good in that area, I'm just paranoid. I know a lot of people that went to crummy art schools and regretted it horribly due to the lack of good edjucation they received.

@themegagod: What I meant by tiny was someone that doesn't have much fat on them. I'm pretty sure it's a proven fact that heavier people can handle the cold better than smaller people. But as you said just because you can handle it doesn't mean you like it. I can't handle it and I just hate it....I get cold way to easily and then everything on me either hurts or itches and it sucks. Which is why I want to move some place warmer. lol.

@KyleDrawer11: I would not mind joining one of those late night online drawing classes. That sounds like a lot of fun!

Last edited by steampoweredseagoat; January 31st, 2013 at 06:56 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleDrawer11 View Post
    Hey folks!
    LEAVE KYLE NO ONE LIKES YOU

Quote Originally Posted by JAndrews View Post
    LOL Really? I mean, it makes sense, since Texas is like the largest state in the continental US, but I didn't really think there would be that many, since there are so many pretty decent colleges in Texas. I'm from the Dallas area.
    Yup! And considering Texas doesn't have the best art schools (unless you're looking for technical animation) it's pretty normal for Texans to look outside of the state for art school.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    that's not nice.

Yup! And considering Texas doesn't have the best art schools (unless you're looking for technical animation) it's pretty normal for Texans to look outside of the state for art school.
    I would figure a lot of texans would look along the west coast, as it's closer.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by themegagod View Post
    I would figure a lot of texans would look along the west coast, as it's closer.
    California is very expensive to live in... xD It's also pretty much the same distance to me from Austin.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Kyle go home.
    But yeah, another skype drawing session would be cool. Especially with all these fresh faces haha

oh I guess i should put up my art blogg too??
    http://rbkjinski.blogspot.com/

Last edited by ohrii; January 31st, 2013 at 08:00 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    you guys must know each other

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I should show everyone my great creations from those midnight skype challenges. Let me find them all.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-vDWJm7r88m...s1600/good.jpg
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-G5_OIQeB7z...4/s1600/-5.jpg
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Bnmta4ghtq...4/s1600/-6.jpg

The last one is probably my best work.

All jokes aside here's my unprofessional blogspot since I forgot to link my shitty art on here (spoiler: It's anime and furries)
    http://raurenkun.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by anomalexie View Post
    you guys must know each other
    Also yes, we unfortunately do know each other. He's a bad person, don't get involved with the likes of him.

(just kidding, Kyle is...okay)

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Diehasen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Woo Texas representation wut wut

Yeah, the first place I looked for an art school was within the state and then...was sadly disappointed.

Kyle, I love your character designs and the Vday animation!

Ohrii, awesome work! I LOVE the goldfish and girl illustration and the nun character. Reminds me I need to finally do something with one that I have haha

Diehasen, you made me snort. Fo' shame! Also, lovely work on those chess pieces o0o also, like the canines and creatures

the late night drawing session sounds beyond fun! Nothing beats creative energy and crazy shenanigans

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks man! TEXAS!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ohrii and diehasen: I know we joke around all the time, but this is an online forum full of prospective students who likely won't understand or misinterpret the context of it. Let's keep things nice here.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by KyleDrawer11 View Post
    ohrii and diehasen: I know we joke around all the time, but this is an online forum full of prospective students who likely won't understand or misinterpret the context of it. Let's keep things nice here.
    I'm pretty sure they're aware we're goofing around based on what has already been said by Bekah and myself. They can figure it out, they're not idiots.
    But alright, I won't prod at you~

and thanks Escaphilia! I try to keep the humor lively (;

ANYWAY, for the rest of you - Are you guys all pretty set on Ringling or were their any other schools you were considering too? (:

Last edited by Diehasen; February 1st, 2013 at 08:46 AM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'm pretty sure they're aware we're goofing around based on what has already been said by Bekah and myself. They can figure it out, they're not idiots.
    Initially some didn't. I know you're giving the benefit of the doubt, but you never know who could miscommunicate online.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    ANYWAY, for the rest of you - Are you guys all pretty set on Ringling or were their any other schools you were considering too? (:
    Well for me I know ringling is my top choice. The only thing that would sway my opinion is getting a large scholarship from another school. The schools I'm applying to are Ringling, SCAD, SVA, CCS, Academy of Art U, and CCA.

After ringling I think CCA or SVA are my top choices. Personally though, I would like to be somewhere warm if I can be. I've lived in Michigan my whole life and hate the cold.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I caught the joking, but I guess through text speak, sarcasm/ joking can often be misconstrued.

Really Ringling has been my only choice for awhile. I told myself if I didn't get in this year, that I would apply to other schools, even state schools, but I got in so early that I didn't even have time t find the other schools I'd be looking to go to!

I was thinking I would send an application to SVA, CalArts, SCAD, possibly sheridian. But with all of these, I don't like the cold, and california is expensive and really far away. My initial program of interest was animation, before I found out about Game art, so I figured if I didn't get into game art I would Find schools that either have good animation programs or game art programs- but game art programs seem few and far between.

No other school has given me that tingly feeling when I see their student gallery like Ringling has.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hahah I know kyle, ohrii and diehasen for some time. I am glad to understand when they joke although I haven't met them before.

Well, Ringling is my top choice. I am gonna apply for Art Center to see if i receive the large scholarship. I have entertained some thoughts about SCAD. I can only go if i get scholarships. I know the chances of international student scholarships is limited but I don't give up on my hope. Wish me all the best so yeah!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovesketchbook View Post
    Hahah I know kyle, ohrii and diehasen for some time. I am glad to understand when they joke although I haven't met them before.

Well, Ringling is my top choice. I am gonna apply for Art Center to see if i receive the large scholarship. I have entertained some thoughts about SCAD. I can only go if i get scholarships. I know the chances of international student scholarships is limited but I don't give up on my hope. Wish me all the best so yeah!
    Ringling don't give scholarships at all (well a lot less than other schools). SCAD and CCAD would be your best bet if we are talking about amount. I am in the same boat so I've researched quite a lot. But naturally I would say pick schools where there are a lot of international students you can make sure that you will be given the proper amount then. Though our main fallback is that we can only get merit scholarships. Anyways good luck!

Page 15 of 29 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 26