Art: Ex-lurker (acrylic and ink) Updated: first digital painting (artrage).
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ex-lurker (acrylic and ink) Updated: first digital painting (artrage).

Hey all. I've been a lurker for a while now here and I've been thoroughly impressed with the level of art and C&C here.
    The whole forum just buzzes with an artistic static which makes me want to draw more. Lots of people here who make me want to throw away my sketchbook because they're just so damn good, but in the end it only makes me want to work harder to get there myself .
    I discoverd the forum only a week after the Amsterdam meeting, which is only an hour away from me :bash:. Ah well :/.

Lurking as much as I do I though it's only fair to add some stuff of my own. These are all from the past year and I won't be revising them, but still C&C greatly apreciated.
    Planning on beeing more active on the boards now that I'm registred, so keep an eye out so that I might learn more .

A mate from everquest requested me to make a forum sig for his Iksar Necromancer. The project grew way out of proportians and I ended up with this. A3 size, acrylic on paper.

Two concept sketches done in ink, touch-ups with white paint.

That's all for now, I'll see if I can conjure up some more to post if there's interest in it.

edit: spelling, title update.

Last edited by Floris Didden; June 14th, 2004 at 07:15 PM.
    /fd
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does?"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Wow that's a helluva forum signature lol...nice work...though it seems like there should be more of a shadow being cast from the moon hittin' the castle wall...I like the highlights though. :cool: Nice characters...the animal guy looks a little off balance...I think he should be tilted back a little. There's a lot of character in the face though. Keep 'em comin' sir. :chug:

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." - Bruce Lee

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    really nice acrylic.
    Keep postin'
    -D

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Ex-lurker (acrylic and ink) Updated: first digital painting (artrage).

Ulysses : I agree, though the scan kind of blurred out the shadow, making the contrast lower. Think I was afraid to go all out on contrast because I didn't feel like starting over in case I messed up. I had been working on it for quite some time .
    Yes, the ratguy is tilted forward too much, I was more experimenting with the ink at the time and missed that until it was too late to change. Good call though .

Ulysses : Thanks! No new acrylic, sorry, but I hope my first digital painting is good enough for ye .

My first digital painting. done in artrage.

Not sure on this one myself really. I had a lot of fun experimenting with Artrage. There are some issues with the form of the face (and chest too in retrospect). C&C apreciated etc .

/fd

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    oyur stuff's pretty damn good although it does have a certain dryness to it, the last piece gave me a bit of a start though, I just read a graphic novel called planetary, and she looks a character that had a fifty year radioactive halflife.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    young paddy1: Thanks ! She does look rather creepy in a way I agree. The picture kinda formed while painting it, I didn't have an exact plan on what to make of it.
    I'm not entirely sure what you mean by dry though? Dry as in static, non-flowing?

/fd

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.