Where should I study?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Question Where should I study?

Hello everyone!

Just as about everyone on this site, I guess, I want to work with art. I want to work with concept art, but I still do not know much about the industry.

I am practicing every day and my biggest skill is the ability to learn fast. With the right advice, I improve at an insane speed. However, there is this thing I have been wondering about, where should I study?

I have enormous passion for drawing and I do not mind travling over half of the world to find the right place to study. My old plans was to study at a school in my country (I live in Sweden) but lately I haven't been sure.

Besides from this, I plan to go to Japan (Tokyo) to study japanese next year. Would it be an option to study concept art there?

What does the industry want? How do I do to maximize the chances of getting a job? Any advice would be extremely helpful.

Thank you!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hi,
    I was just in sweden with my sisters choir group & family, while we were there we went to two art schools I had my eye on.
    The first one was Konstfack, you've probably heard of it (?) it was too late to look around in the school or get a tour but my uncle went there for his art career. A big plus is that it's free to attend there.
    (My uncles portfolio is here, as you can tell he went there more for industrial stuff.)

The second school we went to is Atelier stockholm, when we got there we checked if the door was opened and it was so we walked in and two of the faculty were very nice and answered all our questions and gave us a tour around the school. (website here)
    That school practices 19th century realism, if I remember correctly.
    Though it isn't free since it's a private school.

We did look around for more schools but we were only in the southern part of sweden.
    I hope that somewhat helps if you didn't already know anything of what I posted

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There is the Animation Workshop in Demark. If you don't want to go too far away.
    www.animwork.dk

There is a bachelor in Animation and a Bachelor in CG Arts. The CG arts is where you learn to be a generalist within the entertainment industry, learning 2D and 3D, Storyboarding and Storytelling, as well as VFX. It takes 3 year, and you need a strong portfolio in order to join, and the teachers come from Dreamworks, Pixar, Cinesite, Framestore etc. It's probably the best school of its kind in Scandinavia - but I'm not entirely sure. It's not specialized as such to become a concept artist, but some students who've graduated have ended up as Concept Artists, so it's possible.

---------------------------
    My brain just exploded!

My Sketchbook < < <

Members who have read this thread: 1