Humor Your Past Life?
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Thread: Your Past Life?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

Smile Your Past Life?

HIiiii !

Well, I came across this cute little gadget on http://www.thebigview.com/contents.html
    a site much like http://www.spaceandmotion.com/ which tries to summarize,
    succinctly, various view points and perspectives, on what life is and how to live it
    (the attitudes, as well as cultural and scientific discoveries which we have made over the course of history, compiled for your convenience).

so anyway, the actual calculation runs based on the birthday one has, and seems to be, at least for my somewhat naive self...

(I admit, I'm a sucker for meditation, yoga, and all kinds of divination, i genuinely believe the body is a temple and a portal to
    higher, lower, and different worlds, and that by following ones individual path, regardless of which tools one uses, one can and will eventually see and work with the truth,
    let me put it like this: where do your ideas for pictures come from? at one point in history, would they not have burned you or called you a sorceror/magician etc?
    in fact, do some not still look at you like that?)

...somewhat accurate, others have also reported it gives them goosebumps and some vague tingling feeling...

What do you think, or more importantly, feel?
    judge for yourself!

Here's my summary

Your past life diagnosis:
    I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.
    You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Tibet around the year 1825.
    Your profession was that of a seaman, dealer, businessman or broker.

Your brief psychological profile in your past life:
    Bohemian personality, mysterious, highly gifted, capable to understand ancient books.
    With a magician's abilities, you could have been a servant of dark forces.

The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:
    The timid, lonely and self-confident people are everywhere,
    and your task is to overcome these tendencies in yourself and then to help other people.

Do you remember now?
    http://www.thebigview.com/pastlife/

not really, but i can see how it might be true, given that i find myself, here, again, with those strengths, weaknesses, and interests.

maybe we are like this dog, watching the sun set, only, it is not setting on the earth,
    but on our life, and just as the last beams of light meet our fading eyes, our spirit soars and spirals and then is immersed again in the heart of the universe,
    to be projected out once more into a body, to do what it came here to do, and learn what it came here to learn?

I'm reminded of what Leonardo said about Sleep, Life and Death, he said that:
    Just as a Day spent well brings happy sleep, so too does a life spent well bring a happy death.

Last edited by samthemule; August 29th, 2012 at 08:12 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Unfalsifiable assertion
    ----------------------
    ego-boost
    ----------------------
    Vague statement of advice that could apply to almost anyone
    ----------------------
    do you remember now?

That's all I got from it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Its just a tool for fun, but its BS...no different than any of the ¨when will you die¨/¨Who will you marry¨ apps you see caked all over facebook. They're childish.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SandyMan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    and the subject in general?

or experiences, memories and dreams?

sure, the disclaimer for the tool is that it is less than 500 lines, a digital fortune cookie, but you know, synchronicity?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity

deja vú

Synchronicity is the experience of two or more events that are apparently causally unrelated or unlikely to occur together by chance, yet are experienced as occurring together in a meaningful manner. The concept of synchronicity was first described in this terminology by Carl Gustav Jung, a Swiss psychologist, in the 1920s.[1]
    The concept does not question, or compete with, the notion of causality. Instead it maintains that, just as events may be grouped by cause, they may also be grouped by meaning. A grouping of events by meaning need not have an explanation in terms of cause and effect.
    In addition to Jung, Arthur Koestler wrote extensively on synchronicity in The Roots of Coincidence.

http://www.trinity.edu/jdunn/LincolnKennedy.htm

(i know there are one or two facts which don't quite match up, nevertheless!)

psychotime: tibet is outside of europe!

did you know europe is named after the greek godess europa, who is actually a moon of jupiter?

pretty interesting stuff no?

what's in a name ^_^

Last edited by samthemule; August 29th, 2012 at 10:25 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 607 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know how you feel about it, but you were female in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Center Russia around the year 650. Your profession was that of a warrior, hunter, fisherman or executor of sacrifices.

You were a sane, practical person, a materialist with no spiritual consciousness. Your simple wisdom helped the weaker and the poor.

Your lesson is to conquer jealousy and anger in yourself and then in those who will select you as their guide. You should understand that these weaknesses are caused by fear and self-regret.
    Huh. Well I chuckled a little bit. There's always a little humor out of these things, because they can be so off the mark. I remember one horoscope that pretty much described me as a sociopath.

By the way, has anyone gotten a country OUTSIDE of Europe? I know Russia counts as Asian, too, but...it's still European.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,048 Times in 277 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Burma around the year 850. Your profession was that of a seaman, cook or carpenter.

As a natural talent in psychology, you knew how to use your opportunities. Cold-blooded and calm in any situation.

Your task is to learn determination and persistency. You'd should not allow to let misfortunes take influence on your strong will.
    "Persistency", really now. :p

Thanks
    Thanked 1,819 Times in 936 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotime View Post
    By the way, has anyone gotten a country OUTSIDE of Europe? I know Russia counts as Asian, too, but...it's still European.
    I was a sheepherder in China.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Eater For This Useful Post:

LORD M is offline That guy from the cheer me up thread Level 13 Gladiator: Retiarius
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,790 Times in 1,165 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Your past life diagnosis:
    I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Hungary around the year 1775. Your profession was that of a leader, major or captain.

Timid, constrained, quiet person. You had creative talents, which waited until this life to be liberated. Sometimes your environment considered you strange.

Your main lesson is to develop magnanimity and a feeling of brotherhood. Try to become less adhered to material property and learn to take only as much, as you can give back.
    Hah. Somewhat accurate. Hungarian sounds cool though.

"I wish to paint in such a manner as if I were photographing dreams" - Zdzislaw Beksinski
    My Happy Little Sketchbook, please check it out and help me get better!

My TUMBLR!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Medic from Egypt. Ahhh, those were the days.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Slothboy3000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,347 Times in 1,210 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by samthemule
    where do your ideas for pictures come from? at one point in history, would they not have burned you or called you a sorceror/magician etc?
    They come from my experiences. I'm fairly aware of my influences and surroundings, I can tell where my ideas come from.

And if I'd have been burned as a magician, it would have been as a stage magician. I know there's a rabbit at the bottom of the hat because I worked pretty hard to put it there.

*** Sketchbook * Landscapes * Portfolio * Store***

"There are two kinds of students: the self-taught and the hopeless."
    - Dr. Piotr Rudnicki

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Well that first post was slightly confusing but I never shy away from some little web comedy "test".
    Hyper North American native undertaker in chief. And now I'm supposed to be a green party champion.

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,377 Times in 3,598 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I was Henry VIII. Fun times.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Your past life diagnosis: I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern South of Latin America around the year 1300. Your profession was that of a chemist, alchemist or poison manufacturer.
    You always liked to travel and to investigate. You could have been a detective or a spy.
    You should develop your talent for love, happiness and enthusiasm and you should distribute these feelings to all people.
    Fuck Yeah! I don't believe in past lives so I don't think I'll be remembering that any time soon. Still fun though
    And develop my talent for love? what does that even mean? How are love and enthusiasm talents?

Thanks
    Thanked 4,516 Times in 2,456 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    "I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Borneo around the year 1675. Your profession was that of a designer, engineer or craftsman."

I lived in Borneo in 1986 too. Man Ive been the same prick since the dawn of time yo?

BTW years go up to 9999 so you can find out what youll be in the future.
    (please be Kwisatz haderach, please be Kwisatz haderach, please be Kwisatz haderach)

Last edited by Velocity Kendall; August 29th, 2012 at 02:29 PM.
    sb most art copied to page 1
    Weapons of Mass Creation 2011 ::: Add your favourites!
    facebook: Alface Killah

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Velocity Kendall For This Useful Post:

Black Spot is offline Pew, Pew, Pew Level 17 Gladiator: Spartacus' Dimachaeri
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,377 Times in 3,598 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Well they got the sex right.

I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Turkey around the year 1625. Your profession was that of a farmer, weaver or tailor.

You always liked to travel and to investigate. You could have been a detective or a spy.

I didn't think it was possible to be called an artist when you have nothing to say. It's like being a writer who publishes individual words as books and expects to be praised for it.

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,660 Times in 1,621 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know how you feel about it, but you were female in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Northern England around the year 1775. Your profession was that of a builder of roads, bridges and docks.
    Person with huge energy, good in planning and supervising. If you were just garbage-man, you were chief garbage-man. The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:

You are bound to solve problems of pollution of environment, recycling, misuse of raw materials, elimination of radioactivity by all means including psychological methods. Do you remember now?
    Yeah I might be wrong but for some reason I kinda doubt whether women were really big on road/bridge/dock building in the late 1700s. Just saying.
    Also wow, what a mostly complete opposite of a psychological profile. I guess I used up all my energy in my past life.

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Thanked 1,911 Times in 832 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Alaska around the year 1625. Your profession was that of a farmer, weaver or tailor. Your brief psychological profile in your past life:
    Seeker of truth and wisdom. You could have seen your future lives. Others perceived you as an idealist illuminating path to future. The lesson that your last past life brought to your present incarnation:
    You fulfill your lesson by helping old folks and children. You came to this life to learn to care about the weak and the helpless.
    So basically I was some kind of psychic inuit tailor... Not too shabby, I guess.

"I've got ham, but I'm not a hamster"

Sketchy Link

Portfolio

Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 778 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    I don't know how you feel about it, but you were male in your last earthly incarnation.You were born somewhere in the territory of modern North Japan around the year 1025. Your profession was that of a monk (nun), bee-keeper or lone gunman.

Such people are always involved with all new. You have always loved changes, especially in art, music, cooking.

Your lesson is to learn discretion and moderation and then to teach others to do the same. Your life will be happier if you help those who lack reasoning.
    lol monk, beekeeper, or lone gunman - I can't decide which sounds most awesome.

It's amazing they know so much about my past life just from my birthday; how do they know I'm me and not one of the other thousands of people born that day.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I have a friend who shares a birthday with me. Does that mean we were both the same person in our past lives?

My Sketchbook

And then God said, "Let us make man in our likeness and our image. Let us make him ridiculously hard to draw so that poor artists everywhere will have to spend 10,000+ hours failing repeatedly before they can begin to capture the form and likeness onto a two-dimensional surface." And there was man. And it was good. And artists everywhere lost their minds.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to manlybrian For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yes. Yes it does.

In other news, My Mum always reckoned I was a medieval sword's man in a past life. Any other answer that questionair could give me would only let me down.

Take a look? - Sketchbook - Tumblr -
    Also, why not check these guys too?

Krysjez - Clur
    Cheers

Thanks
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 607 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    elimination of radioactivity by all means including psychological methods
    ...What?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Psychotime: My reaction exactly.

TinyBird is offline Why you gotta be an angry burd Level 16 Gladiator: Spartacus' Retiarii
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,660 Times in 1,621 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychotime View Post
    ...What?
    I'm guessing some sort of Looney Tunes reverse psychology thing, like...
    Me: You don't want nuclear power!
    Person: I do want nuclear power!
    Me: You DO want nuclear power!
    Person: I DON'T want nuclear power!
    Me: You DO want nuclear power!
    Person: I DON'T want nuclear power! ... Heyyyy!

"I eat comics and poop stylization"
    Comic!
    Sketchbook (Critiques, no compliments please.)
    Tumblr
    Website
    Livejournal
    DeviantArt

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Nah its gotta be some shrodinger thing. you stare at stuff so it decays into gold or something. a rare gift.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    we could do a photomashup of our selves in our past life, accompanied with the profession's tools and personal traits,
    Thanks for all the replies, nice to see people enjoying themselves

Thanks
    Thanked 3,153 Times in 1,067 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by samthemule View Post
    and the subject in general?

or experiences, memories and dreams?

sure, the disclaimer for the tool is that it is less than 500 lines, a digital fortune cookie, but you know, synchronicity?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity

deja vú

http://www.trinity.edu/jdunn/LincolnKennedy.htm

(i know there are one or two facts which don't quite match up, nevertheless!)

psychotime: tibet is outside of europe!

did you know europe is named after the greek godess europa, who is actually a moon of jupiter?

pretty interesting stuff no?

what's in a name ^_^
    Somwhere on youtube there's a video of a German professor who finds all the major physical constants by measuring various parts on his bicycle.

It's amazing what you can find when you're looking for it.

"Astronomy offers an aesthetic indulgence not duplicated in any other field. This is not an academic or hypothetical attraction and should require no apologies, for the beauty to be found in the skies has been universally appreciated for unrecorded centuries."

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is it mere coincidence that so many important and spiritually powerful ancient sites line up along straight lines???
    yes, yes it is.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.