Page 62 of 135 FirstFirst ... 12 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Congratz Darcy!
    What stuff did you putt in your portfolio?

You are going for illustration?

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    thank you! yep i'll be doing illustration. I hope I do good...or ok..ok is good lol

http://darcyripley.carbonmade.com/
    Last edited by Darcy; April 15th, 2007 at 08:41 PM.

Thanks
    ::::::::::::: ATTENTION ALL ART CENTER PEOPLE :::::::::::::::

2nd termer here, just wanted to give you guys a heads up. i've found the most amazing class and i wanted to tell everyone about it. if you havent taken it, i cant recommend more strongly ECORCHE. i know, what the hell is ecorche right? say it with me ek - or - shay. ecorche is the process of studying anatomy through sculpting first the skeletal, then the muscular system. thats right, your going to sculpt the body in order to learn it. to check out the teachers works go to his site.
    http://reybustos.com/

you guys, you have to jump on this class soon.
    FOR SOME REASON ART CENTER SEEMS TO BE PHASING OUT ANATOMY, A HUGE MISTAKE IN MY OPINION. UNLESS I AM MISTAKEN THIS IS THE ONLY ANATOMY CLASS AT ART CENTER.

take it from me guys if you take this class, you will love it. i thought i knew anatomy before, but man i didnt know a thing compared to what i know now.
    The teacher, rey, also just happens to be one of the coolest guys in the world. also, he just got hired by GNOMON to teach this same class, so you know he knows his stuff. it is totally beyond me why art center isnt pushing this class more than they are.

if you want to check out the class, you can just walk right in and watch him teach. hes cool like that. ----> room 102 tuesdays 207 <------

im almost done with this class and i like it so much, i think im going to take it again next term.

if you guys have any questions, just send me a PM.

Thanks
    Darcy: I'll be needing a roommate to share rent with as well so I'm shooting you an email. Btw, I really like the stuff in your portfolio

theFIX: Thanks for the heads up, I love learning about anatomy and would hate to miss an opportunity like this! Is this course offered in the Fall 07 semester?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Epias
    I was wondering how I can send my portfolio? I'm from Belgium but I heard that its better to go to Pasadena and give your portfolio in person?

I'm planning to send in my stuff next year because I want to attend ArtCenter By the end of next year.

Also I have no idea how good my portfolio has to be? Is my stuff already pretty good to get accepted or do I need to improve alot? Can someone say something about this?
    Here's my sketchbook http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=93016

Would be a really help! Thx
    Actually, I don't think it matters as much. I live in Canada and I sent my portfolio through courier. They received it I think four or five days later and I got my acceptance three weeks later.

Thanks
    @nmichelle: Why did you send in your portfolio so early? Do you get a better chance then?

I propably gonna do another year life drawing, painting with oils and some more traditional stuff before I send in my portfolio.

Do you guys rent a car in pasadena to drive to school?

Thanks
    I think most people just buy a car when they move to Pasadena. Thats probably what I will be doing since it's very convenient to have a way of transporting your mounds of art supplies to and from school everyday.

Thanks
    Congrats to everyone who got accepted! And to all you lucky people who will get Roland Young.

Thanks
    Can any of you Art Center students/alums give me some advice regarding transferring?

Right now I'm a student at a CSU and find that the art department here is not doing it for me so I'm thinking of transferring to ACCD. I've finished all my GEs and the foundation art courses.

I'm also really interested in studying at an atelier to improve my drafting skills. If I did that for a year, would I be able to apply that work and the drawing classes I've taken at the CSU towards advanced standing at Art Center? I'm hoping that I would be able to waive the early drawing and life drawing classes.

I'd really like to attend Art Center, but I'd hate to work my ass off at an atelier and then go to Art Center and then have to take the lower level drawing classes again.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbucker
    Can any of you Art Center students/alums give me some advice regarding transferring?

Right now I'm a student at a CSU and find that the art department here is not doing it for me so I'm thinking of transferring to ACCD. I've finished all my GEs and the foundation art courses.

I'm also really interested in studying at an atelier to improve my drafting skills. If I did that for a year, would I be able to apply that work and the drawing classes I've taken at the CSU towards advanced standing at Art Center? I'm hoping that I would be able to waive the early drawing and life drawing classes.

I'd really like to attend Art Center, but I'd hate to work my ass off at an atelier and then go to Art Center and then have to take the lower level drawing classes again.

I've been @ Humboldt State for 3 years and all they accepted was 12 credits (4 GE classes, no art)...soooo that's where I'm standing.
    Best possible way is to go visit Art Center and show them your portfolio thus far and ask them that question.
    Carpe Diem.

Thanks
    OK, this is a typical plea for help to you knowledgable frequenters of this forum from someone with the typical concept artist dreams. The kicker is that I've already recieved a bachelors degree and am now facing the choice between getting another bachelors from AC (illu) or getting a MFA from Academy of Art in SF (also illu). My greatest concern is being marketable and market-savvy upon graduation (steady in-house job would be great, but we all know how rare that is...). Advice/opinions/critiques/cookies?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Catofglass
    OK, this is a typical plea for help to you knowledgable frequenters of this forum from someone with the typical concept artist dreams. The kicker is that I've already recieved a bachelors degree and am now facing the choice between getting another bachelors from AC (illu) or getting a MFA from Academy of Art in SF (also illu). My greatest concern is being marketable and market-savvy upon graduation (steady in-house job would be great, but we all know how rare that is...). Advice/opinions/critiques/cookies?
    You and me both are going through the same dilemma (only I haven't finished yet my BA @ my current school, but have been here for 3 years).

I talked to the MFA program @ SF and they directed me towards their animation MFA since I want to do storyboarding, character design, digital painting, etc.
    They said they still do a portfolio review (obviously) but will add classes from their BFA onto the MFA where need be.
    I checked out their program and I've found that they aren't as focused on surrounding the basics and different techniques as Art Center's Entertainment Arts Illustration Program in the BFA area.
    Here:

SF Academy Curriculum Animation Visual Effects

Art Center Curriculum

This is more a personal review of the difference of the schools as far as focus, you might have a different focus.

But, personally, I have found that there is a lot more recognition from ACCD because...well..it's a knock on the door to all different kinds of job opportunities...
    I could go on for a bit but again, it's a personal choice...
    Do some research on the artists that were listed on the first page...check out resumes from both ends!!!
    That's how I made my choice
    Carpe Diem.

Thanks
    Has anyone who's been accepted for Fall '07 Illustration received any scholarship information yet? I got my portfolio back yesterday but nothing about any scholarships.

Also, is there an average scholarship amount, or even a low to high range that a first-year Illustration major can expect to receive?

Thanks and congratulations to everyone else who have been accepted.

Thanks
    I got my scholarship information a couple days ago, but have not yet got my portfolio back... aah, I hope it comes today.

I'm not sure about the average or range for scholarships, but on different forums I've read about entering students getting anywhere between $2500 to half of tuition per term in Art Center scholarship.

Thanks
    I received my portfolio back today.
    But someone else's 5.5"x8.5" sketchbook was in with my portfolio materials.

If you think it might be yours, give me a holllerr.

Page 62 of 135 FirstFirst ... 12 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 112 ... LastLast