The Official Artcenter Thread - like, omg! - Page 58
Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop

Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,740 of 1925

Thread: The Official Artcenter Thread - like, omg!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by rossipoo View Post
    They made it both spring and Fall this year, Because
    they've chosen their 18, Then they had an extra 18 on the waiting list, so they thought, hell why not just make another wave of students and put them for spring?
    So, now its fall and spring..

Yum..fall
    what? fuck i was thinking on transferring, oh well i can't now cuz i will lose the scholarship.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

Brashen is offline Ralph Abou Raad - Professional Level 9 Gladiator: Hoplomachi
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Yeah I had to defer my acceptance for a year and I got bumped to the spring instead...sniffs. Also couldn't get my updated portfolio through the door. Rossipoo You have to shoot videos for meeee pweezzz!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    do you think its better to go to pcc first?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by WhaleEatHuman View Post
    Sure. Get any GE's out of the way that you can so you can focus on just your studio classes. It doesn't have to be PCC, but it is close.

If I recall, you could also take some classes at CalTech too if you were going to ACCD, but I never did.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    absolutely, specially take all classes with: stan kong, rick osaka and albert yu, they are all accd alumni and teachers and will get you on the right direction.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    how is the illustration department in Art Center? I know its supposed to be decent but in comparison to schools like SVA and RISD?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    how is the illustration department in Art Center? I know its supposed to be decent but in comparison to schools like SVA and RISD?
    it is one of the best out there, the teachers are great top-notch, it is better if you check it out yourself, talk to the counselors and the chair and check the curriculum.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    art center illustration fall 2010 anyone?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    I'll be attending Art Center for entertainment design this Fall. I was wondering(for those who went there or know) what kind of projects they have in store for us?

My SkEtChBoOk

[URL="www.wftogame.com
    [/URL]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is there anyone out there who got accepted into Ent. Design and is straight out of high school??

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

judging from the facebook group

of entertainment design classes of 10/11, there's a bunch of them.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    got accepted for fall 2010 illustration. this 35k tuition price tag suddenly got a lot more real.

don't know if i'm gonna go. really torn between art center, which seems like such a good school, or trying to learn as much as I can on my own and go the cheaper route with a local art school. :/

not that i'm expecting any, but does anyone know when they get back to you on scholarships and stuff like that?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by starshptroopr View Post
    got accepted for fall 2010 illustration. this 35k tuition price tag suddenly got a lot more real.

don't know if i'm gonna go. really torn between art center, which seems like such a good school, or trying to learn as much as I can on my own and go the cheaper route with a local art school. :/

not that i'm expecting any, but does anyone know when they get back to you on scholarships and stuff like that?
    i think is like a month or two after you receive your acceptance letter.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    chil3, you're going for spring entertainment design right?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Art Center's offering me tons of Financial Aid and Scholarships. I'm planning on getting my MFA there in Fine Art after I'm done with BFA @ UC Irvine. Really stoked

Talent and Creativity are yours to use and keep

[S K E T C H B O O K]

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by starshptroopr View Post
    chil3, you're going for spring entertainment design right?
    no i'm in the illustration dept. since spring 2010 and then i'm taking the entertainment arts track after third term.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following

grades

i want to apply for Fall 2011 to the Illustration (Illustration design) department, ive been wanting to goto ACCD for the past.. 4years but ive been putting it off and kind of scared of not being able to get in.

at one time i remember it used to say that a 3.0 is required to apply, but ive noticed it now says that 3.0 is the reccomended GPA

my teachers and peers tell me my work is strong enough to get in (i still dont think it is but im working on it) but i used to do terrible in all my academic classes (ive been doing better). i have A's and B's in all my art classes though. and so, i have a 2.8GPA right now.

i was wondering what your guys' experiences or friends' experiences were on grades when you/they applied and how harsh ACCD is about it on applications.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by marisahhh View Post
    i want to apply for Fall 2011 to the Illustration (Illustration design) department, ive been wanting to goto ACCD for the past.. 4years but ive been putting it off and kind of scared of not being able to get in.

at one time i remember it used to say that a 3.0 is required to apply, but ive noticed it now says that 3.0 is the reccomended GPA

my teachers and peers tell me my work is strong enough to get in (i still dont think it is but im working on it) but i used to do terrible in all my academic classes (ive been doing better). i have A's and B's in all my art classes though. and so, i have a 2.8GPA right now.

i was wondering what your guys' experiences or friends' experiences were on grades when you/they applied and how harsh ACCD is about it on applications.

It's like 90% of your portfolio don't trip, Grades are a plus,

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey guys, I have a question for all the entertainment design majors. If you excluded all the non entertainment classes like general education, how many terms does the 8 terms actually come out to? Is there a full course list for the entire 8 terms of entertainment design on the web?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    There isn't much info on the website so I'm gonna ask here instead (though I kinda got some ideas) :
    1. Is there a study abroad program offered?
    2. Can you double major or minor something?
    3. How hard is it to get a reasonably priced housing around the campus? (I'm from east coast)
    I'm torn between illustration and GD major (transfer student). Help please~

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by silly lily View Post
    There isn't much info on the website so I'm gonna ask here instead (though I kinda got some ideas) :
    3. How hard is it to get a reasonably priced housing around the campus? (I'm from east coast)
    I'm torn between illustration and GD major (transfer student). Help please~
    1. yes there is, they have different programs available.
    2. yes, in fact some of the majors are referred as bachelors in arts and science, as well as different tracks offered for each major.
    3. no campus housing, you have to look for something around the area.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    "There isn't much info on the website so I'm gonna ask here instead (though I kinda got some ideas) :
    I'm torn between illustration and GD major (transfer student). Help please~"
    1. No there isn't really a study abroad program.. They may have some for other majors such as product/ad but not for illustration. I've asked Ann (chair of illustration) and there isn't a study abroad program for us. She says she is possibly setting one up for London in the future but it is all very tentative.
    2. No you can't double major. You can't be a graphics/illustration you have to choose one. Yes we sort of have minors. In each major there are several emphasis/focuses. A specific track in a major, but it is within the major. For example, illustration tracks are: motion, fine arts, entertainment arts, illust. design but you can't minor outside of that. That does not limit you from learning other things though. If you are interested in something else too you should try taking electives in it. You can mold the schedule a bit to conform to what you wanna do so just don't constrict yourself just because you are in a particular major. it's your money you should learn what you want to learn!
    3. housing is a bit pricy around the area but shouldnt be too hard to find.. look on craigslist and postings around school.

It's kind of important to be sure about which major you want to do. I mean you could change after a while but it's a hassle and more costly. You can sometimes tell by the kind of work you like to do (post your stuff!) or what you like to look at, what/who inspires you, what you get really excited about, what kind of job you want etc etc.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks chil3 and pipermints. I'm gonna consider applying for illustration. What I wanna do is like design and commercial work, and emphasis on illustration design and motion looks like the way to go. But can I focus on more than one emphasis? Thanks again

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by silly lily View Post
    Thanks chil3 and pipermints. I'm gonna consider applying for illustration. What I wanna do is like design and commercial work, and emphasis on illustration design and motion looks like the way to go. But can I focus on more than one emphasis? Thanks again
    Design is a really broad term.. haha did you mean graphic design? Illustration design is more editorial (magazine, comics) kind of stuff I think. If you looked at the gallery and that work interests you then by all means. Definitely look at the type of work. No you can't do more than one emphasis but like I said try taking electives and classes that you want. You don't have to choose an emphasis til 3rd termish so i wouldnt worry about that yet. you should bring your work to a counselor/teacher and talk to them about it if you aren't sure about major

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i was told by a former Art Center Illustration student to take some liberal arts and writing classes at the local community college while i'm still in high school, allowing me to focus more on the actual drawing/painting. what classes should i take exactly?

(sorry if this has been discussed before it's a big thread & idk how i'd search for this specific topic)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by yaybrain View Post
    i was told by a former Art Center Illustration student to take some liberal arts and writing classes at the local community college while i'm still in high school, allowing me to focus more on the actual drawing/painting. what classes should i take exactly?

(sorry if this has been discussed before it's a big thread & idk how i'd search for this specific topic)
    doesn't really matter, you still need to take the writing test if you go to art center to see which writing studio class you need: regular or intensive, the only way to waive writing studio class is if you have a bachelor and take a university writing class.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to chil3 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Hey does anyone know if entertainment design for fall 2011 is still open?? I know it's early but I don't know how fast those spots fill up but I imagine tons of applicants to be extremely prepared.. I haven't completed my portfolio so I'm getting nervous. Due to my time difference, I can't make a call over to ACCD myself so I'm hoping someone here can let me know.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ceeche View Post
    Hey does anyone know if entertainment design for fall 2011 is still open?? I know it's early but I don't know how fast those spots fill up but I imagine tons of applicants to be extremely prepared.. I haven't completed my portfolio so I'm getting nervous. Due to my time difference, I can't make a call over to ACCD myself so I'm hoping someone here can let me know.
    don't worry it is open, like you said it is still really early.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Alright thanks man. Ok and I know this might seem like a silly question but Ent D is also on the rolling app system right?? They said the "priority deadline is Feb 1 - Feb 15," but why the window? Does that mean apps will only be accepted, or considered, during that time period...so I have until February to complete my portfolio, or should I be looking to complete and submit by winter break? Thanks so much for the replies.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by ceeche View Post
    Alright thanks man. Ok and I know this might seem like a silly question but Ent D is also on the rolling app system right?? They said the "priority deadline is Feb 1 - Feb 15," but why the window? Does that mean apps will only be accepted, or considered, during that time period...so I have until February to complete my portfolio, or should I be looking to complete and submit by winter break? Thanks so much for the replies.
    the early the better, i received my acceptance letter 3 or 2 weeks before the deadline to turn in my portfolio and i send it to them a week before i got accepted.

Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 89