Page 53 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I don't have that kind of problem, I have the fortune of living in Pasadena already.
    You're going to have a hard time, because the prices are all jacked up in the nearby area.
    Though http://www.conceptart.org/forums/sho...&postcount=784 you could try that.
    DON'T CLICK THIS

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks

Apartments

Look in Glendale. My apt is $1200 for a two bedroom. I'll see if there's any openings in my building.

Thanks
    Evildisco, you are so incredibly lucky. -___- Ha, I'd love to live with other accd students but my dad prefers me to room with females and I think I'll respect that decision. I think J. Mac is a dood?

Gunnz, thanks, I'll try to look the area up. Thanks alot for your help. =)

Thanks
    Hi everyone,

I've been looking at Art Center for a while, as well as other schools, but
    I wanted to ask those who have applied to Art Center for a 2nd BFA (since that's what I'd be doing if I applied)... what made you choose to go for the 2nd BFA instead of going for an MFA elsewhere? Getting an MFA elsewhere would of course be much much cheaper (in-school-time is shorter, one would be eligible for TA-tuition-waivers and college/federal grants, plus one'd be able to teach once one finished) but what made you decide to go to Art Center anyway?
    Is it the quality of instruction? Is it because MFAs generally have a research-oriented focus... or is it anything else? Also, so far, do you think you made the right choice?

Basically, I guess I'm trying to find out if getting a 2nd BFA at Art Center is worth the price and time...

Thanks in advance,
    kradeki

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kradeki
    Hi everyone,

I've been looking at Art Center for a while, as well as other schools, but
    I wanted to ask those who have applied to Art Center for a 2nd BFA (since that's what I'd be doing if I applied)... what made you choose to go for the 2nd BFA instead of going for an MFA elsewhere? Getting an MFA elsewhere would of course be much much cheaper (in-school-time is shorter, one would be eligible for TA-tuition-waivers and college/federal grants, plus one'd be able to teach once one finished) but what made you decide to go to Art Center anyway?
    Is it the quality of instruction? Is it because MFAs generally have a research-oriented focus... or is it anything else? Also, so far, do you think you made the right choice?

Basically, I guess I'm trying to find out if getting a 2nd BFA at Art Center is worth the price and time...

Thanks in advance,
    kradeki
    Yeah, I'd like to know too. I'm going for a second bachelor's degree in the spring. Yes, an MFA would be cheaper in terms of getting more aid (you getting almost nothing if you apply for a second BFA or BA), and being in school for a shorter duration, but I think it all depends on what you want to do, and where you are in your career already. I think a MFA is more for people who already have a solid skill set in their intended major, and are just looking for ways to further develop their career in terms of research, collaboration, and experimentation. However, for someone like me, who doesn't have experience in illustration and hasn't worked professionally at all, a BFA would probably be more ideal. I've looked at some MFA curriculums and course descriptions, and I just feel like a BFA would suit me better. I'm not even sure if I want to graduate either. I don't intend to teach, but only to work as a professional. Also, I don't even think that you need a MFA to teach at design schools. Some teachers don't even have BFAs! I think it just depends on your experience and your accomplishments. Anyways, if anybody has any opinions, please share. I was planning on going to Otis because they gave me a small scholarship and put me in as a sophomore (vs. AC who gave me nothing) , but the new motion graphics gallery on the Art Center website rocked my socks!!

Thanks
    Hi everyone! I have, what seems to me, like a really dumb question, two actually When do you find out the supplies and such that you'll need for each class, and when do they bill you for the semester? Thanks!

Thanks
    They should inform through a syllabus the required supplies as for the billing I think it's the first week of the start of the semester, if you are paying in full, otherwise there are other dates for the split tuition.
    Check the website, it should say there.
    DON'T CLICK THIS

Thanks

Thumbs up Entertainment design degree?

Hi everyone..., I am just about ready to send off my portfolio for spring entrance and scholarship application, this thread (and site) has been an amazing help. I just had a quick question and was hoping someone here on the boards might have some insight.

I am applying to the illustration program and am hoping to go towards an entertainment design degree, however I just watched an interview with Scott Robertson on cgchannel and he had said they plan on starting a new Entertainment Design degree in the fall. Did I hear right, is this happening? I would love to end up doing concept design for film & games, and maybe there is a new track for it.

Either way it will not make a big difference in my application, I was just curious and had not heard back from the accd counseler I emailed.

Thanks again and, good luck this semester.
    One time Micheal Jackson came to my house to look at my sketchbook.....
    my sketchbook

check out my blog

where I work

Thanks
    Who's going to be at the social tomorrow night? At the south campus?
    DON'T CLICK THIS

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by evildisco
    They should inform through a syllabus the required supplies as for the billing I think it's the first week of the start of the semester, if you are paying in full, otherwise there are other dates for the split tuition.
    Check the website, it should say there.
    Ah yes I dunno why I didn't think of that! You're right, it's the first week of the start of the semester. Thanks!

Thanks
    Timo>> It is not an entertainment design degree. It is a minor program. The program has two classes of people going through it right now, and this fall is the official launch of the program (when all the classes will be running ect ect)

If you want more information on this minor program. some of us in the first class have started a forum where we post art and answer questions, come look around and maybe we can help

http://www.pensketch.com/forums
    ---------------------------------

my sketchbook

Thanks
    shaoshao - thanks a ton for the clarification!

I went to the pensketch forum - awesome! I spent all night looking at everyones gallery posts. Get me even more motivated.

Thanks again
    my sketchbook

check out my blog

where I work

Thanks

spring 2007 semester

ahhh YEAH!, Just sent off my portfolio for officiall application to the illustration major! It should be there Friday... I can't wait to hear back.

Does anyone know how long it usually takes before you hear back about acceptance?

Anyone else applying for admission in the Spring?
    my sketchbook

check out my blog

where I work

Thanks
    2 weeks maybe? That's what it took for mine to get a response.
    DON'T CLICK THIS

Thanks
    I sent my portfolio yesterday (somewhat last minute), applying for admission to the illustration program, spring 07.

Page 53 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 103 ... LastLast