The Official Artcenter Thread - like, omg! - Page 50

Join the #1 Art Workshop - LevelUpJoin Premium Art Workshop
Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 1936
    Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i'd like to see ALL your portfolios HAR HAR >_>

I'm like practically out of the running since i'm late. Mine arrived today under express mail so it's like 2 days past the scholarship deadline D: Do you think they'll still look at it?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote  

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,258 Times in 912 Posts
    Follows
    Following
    for enrollment? yes.
    for scholarship, probably not.

man my portfolio's so unbelievably pitiful haha
    i'd give art center a horrible name

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    well, they actually told me that they extended the deadline to march the 2nd since the 1st was a sunday. i turned it in yesterday. anyways, i really really really really hope i get in. i really dont want to stick around at pcc for another semester. =(. letters should be coming in around 2-3 weeks from now. i hope to hear all good news from you guys!!!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by catb View Post
    i'd like to see ALL your portfolios HAR HAR >_>

I'm like practically out of the running since i'm late. Mine arrived today under express mail so it's like 2 days past the scholarship deadline D: Do you think they'll still look at it?
    btw catb, i checked out sum of ur stuff that u posted on the current portfolio thread. awesome stuff, i really liked ur hand pieces.
    i dont think you'll have a problem getting accepted. i go to school at pasadena city college (which is only about 15 mins away from art center) and i've seen alot of accepted portfolio's from fellow classmates. trust me, they are no where near as good as your shit. anyways, good luck! u should call them n ask about the whoel scholarship thing!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to eric_g77 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by eric_g77 View Post
    btw catb, i checked out sum of ur stuff that u posted on the current portfolio thread. awesome stuff, i really liked ur hand pieces.
    i dont think you'll have a problem getting accepted. i go to school at pasadena city college (which is only about 15 mins away from art center) and i've seen alot of accepted portfolio's from fellow classmates. trust me, they are no where near as good as your shit. anyways, good luck! u should call them n ask about the whoel scholarship thing!
    Thanks but I applied for entertainment so I didn't send .. that stuff in D:
    I was going to apply for illustration instead but the majority of my work was already sent down to calarts for character animation.

I don't think my ent. design is as strong... I'm too scared to post it up cause what if it really sucks... no one at my school is applying to this major so I can't trust their word when they say they think i'll get in.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Thanks but I applied for entertainment so I didn't send .. that stuff in D:
    I was going to apply for illustration instead but the majority of my work was already sent down to calarts for character animation.

I don't think my ent. design is as strong... I'm too scared to post it up cause what if it really sucks... no one at my school is applying to this major so I can't trust their word when they say they think i'll get in.
    man, i actually really wanted to do entertainment design too. but i found out about it wayyyyy too late and i just started digital painting. doesnt help that they only accept once a year either. >.<

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    DUDE YEA. I spent like just a week on mine and then i like destroyed it and made a new one in one day. Hah I wish I could tell them but I don't think they'd find it impressive that I turned it in late by one day because I spent one day making a portfolio =_=

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    character animation sounds interesting. i dont live too far from calarts but i've never really consider it as a school of choice tho. anyways, good luck!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    a la bapsi: YOUR STUFF DOES NOT SUCK D: I saw some of your stuff on ur sketchbook on like saturday when i was on my binge of OMG I MISSED THE POST OFFICE ITS GONNA BE LATE. I felt so bad about what I had after looking at yours that I redid the entire thing on sunday

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Sent mine in a couple of days back......I hate the wait.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i got an letter in a white envelope yesterday from art center. i was shitting balls the moment i saw it because a friend of me said that they send out rejection letters in white envelope. turns out it was just a letter informing me that my application was completed. just a heads-up incase u guys get the same thing. =P

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    lmao me too

turns out that in the rush, i forgot to send in a transcript. got that baby taken care of.
    god. x___x

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    i got an letter in a white envelope yesterday from art center. i was shitting balls the moment i saw it because a friend of me said that they send out rejection letters in white envelope. turns out it was just a letter informing me that my application was completed. just a heads-up incase u guys get the same thing. =P
    hahaha that's pretty funny but i'd probably do the same thing. hope it will turn out well. good luck you guys

what majors are you guys getting into?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    illu, with that ent arts focus.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Bapsi will you hurry up and get accepted already so I can stop anticipating?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Mock For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    im also doing illustration

pipermints, did u get accepted into art center already?

Last edited by eric_g77; March 9th, 2009 at 01:09 PM.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    yep. i'm going through my first term (technically my 2nd) for illustration but planning on doing entertainment arts. if you guys have questions feel free to ask, even though i havent been here that long haha.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by pipermints View Post
    yep. i'm going through my first term (technically my 2nd) for illustration but planning on doing entertainment arts. if you guys have questions feel free to ask, even though i havent been here that long haha.
    awesome! im really curious about the workload, like how many hours of homework per week should i be expecting. and do you by any chance have ur accepted portfolio posted online? OH, AND scholarship! lol thanks!

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    PIPERMINTS.

HOW IS MODERNISM/WRITING STUDIO. [whatever you're taking/already took]
    who do you have/recommend for 1st term illustration? any supplies i should start hoarding from now?
    and eric's questions too. *__*

man i hate feeling like i'm counting chickens before they hatch LOL.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    hummm. hours of homework per week really depends. on who you have, what classes, how fast you work, how good you want your work to be. some weeks i'll have a ton and some a little less so it's hard to say. maybe around 5-8 a week for heads and hands. 10-15 for design 2? not sure about the other ones. i'm not really good at estimating haha.

i've been meaning to get my portfolio online but i don't sorry. :/ i got 2.5k for a term and same for summer. not taking modernism but writing studio which i think is kind of lame. errr i probably regard it as my least important class but that's just me. not fond of essay writing and presentations. i like david luce for heads and hands a lot! he pushes you and he's pretty funny. feel like im improving a lot in that class. i heard lorrie madden is a pretty good teacher too. and from what i've seen student work from jeff smith's class for that weren't as good.. i'm kind of taking half 1st term half 2nd term classes so if you get design 2 jon nguyen is good. kind of brutal but honest. veeerry high expectations. graphic designers seem to love him but if you're not really that stuff as much then maybe don't take him. shaefer for painting is good but not quite as demanding as the other two. dana duncan for digital design is decent. just uh. save money for pleennty supplies..

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pipermints For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    actually yeah now that i think about it i think jon's class is love/hate for me. it can be pretty frustrating and takes up the most time out of my classes. maybe take a less demanding teacher if your priority is in other classes that apply more directly to illustration. i did learn a lot about layouts/type and bookmaking though.

yeah everything was a little overwhelming for me when i first came.. very different from usc which is where i went for 1.5 years. are you guys straight out of highschool? when do you guys find out if you get in or not? summer?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by pipermints View Post
    actually yeah now that i think about it i think jon's class is love/hate for me. it can be pretty frustrating and takes up the most time out of my classes. maybe take a less demanding teacher if your priority is in other classes that apply more directly to illustration. i did learn a lot about layouts/type and bookmaking though.

yeah everything was a little overwhelming for me when i first came.. very different from usc which is where i went for 1.5 years. are you guys straight out of highschool? when do you guys find out if you get in or not? summer?

ummm......im currently goin to pcc right now. its my 2nd year there and i cant WAIT to get out. they sent me a letter couple of days ago informing me that i will get my results in the next 2 weeks. so perhaps sometime this week or next week latest. i really really really hope i get accepted. =(, but ill keep u peeps updated. were you able to transfer all ur liberal arts credit from usc to art center?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Good luck you guys........ahhhhhh

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    The wait is killing me! Looking at some of the portfolios/sketchbooks you guys have posted, I can't believe how good the competition is - I hope we all get in though haha.

I wish I discovered CA a few years earlier, there's so much I can improve on through the site.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Quote Originally Posted by kono View Post
    The wait is killing me! Looking at some of the portfolios/sketchbooks you guys have posted, I can't believe how good the competition is - I hope we all get in though haha.

I wish I discovered CA a few years earlier, there's so much I can improve on through the site.
    whats ur major kono?

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    whats ur major kono?
    Entertainment Design.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Is there anyone on here that is currently a transfer student that could give some thoughts and opinions? I'm currently going to a state university for a studio arts program where I'm nearing the end of my third year. The area I would like to focus on is the entertainment design and unfortunately no masters programs have the stuff I'm looking for. Most master's degrees are in illustration which is fine, but from what I understand entertainment design is like illustration and id combined.

Little did I know before going here that the program is sub par and many people that graduate do not get jobs. I only have a handful of credits before graduation, but I'm wondering if transfering to Art Center would be the way to go since the there are liberal arts requirements.

How good is the Art Center at giving out scholarships? Since the tuition is quite a bit more expensive than the current school I go to that would be a big factor. If I were to put my portfolio up on my sketchbook, could someone give me some thoughts on that? Thanks.

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    Art Center can give some good scholarships based on merit and need. If both of those are high, you can get a nice fat one. Unfortunately, you will still start from year 1 no matter what. It's a really different program than anything else- unless you've gotten a product design education, you will definitely be starting from the beginning. The program is literally an "Industrial design" program, not an "Illustration" program, (though it fuses both), even current illustration majors here who want to transfer in can't because they lack the ID training we get 1st year and they have to start from scratch (liberal arts aside.)

(Personally, I'd still say it's totally worth the transfer. The degree doesn't get you a job, it's all about the skills.)

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HAH I GOT REJECTED Damn. Just got the news today.

Well I wish you guys all luck

...and uh.. anyone.. wanna help me decide between CalArts and Ringling for animation. I got into both though financial aid hasn't come yet and Ringling wants a reply by April 1st >>

Thanks
    Follows
    Following
    HAH I GOT REJECTED Damn. Just got the news today.

Well I wish you guys all luck

...and uh.. anyone.. wanna help me decide between CalArts and Ringling for animation. I got into both though financial aid hasn't come yet and Ringling wants a reply by April 1st >>
    sorry to hear that =(
    now you are REALLY making me nervous. i think i should be gettin a letter very...very soon.

Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
The Art Department
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook