Page 24 of 155 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 74 124 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I talked to Student Affairs and they're currently alleviating parking by moving more classes and events into lesser density days (Saturday, Monday, and Friday). Richard Koshalek isn't part of the Rose Bowl board. There were meetings on campus last term by a group fighting against traffic impact from Rose Bowl development though.
    http://www.ci.pasadena.ca.us/commissions/rboc.asp

The school is 75 years old! Don't you think we have more successful alumni than that?

Yep, the Transition Committee still talks about changing the school calendar to be on par with nearby school schedules [to better facillitate interim terms?]. In terms of financial aid, this would only affect how distribution is structured (like work study allotments would possibly be $1500/semester instead of $1000/term).

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    From Magda (Student Issues)
    RE: Limrite/Jia
    "He is right on when he says he is not clear < fair > about grading.
    He is not the only one that said that he is a hard grader or that they where excepting a different grade.
    i personally think
    The main issue is that he is so enthusiastic and positive about the work that the students except a better grade. He might just need to be a little bit harder doing the crit and clearer about what the grading standard is from the beginning of the term.
    It is not really weather he is a fair or harder grader or not.
    The reason is several other people have been coming to him with the same complains. So it is not that student that he does not specifically like. this is how he normally grades and how all other teachers grade. Except they are all clear about it from the get go and he is not."

Thanks
    but you dont know about the personal comments do you?
    why is this even being brought up again man...im enjoying luce's head painting class tremendously and have moved on
    i am one with the zen
    now lets stop talking about limrite please, gosh

Thanks
    I've been seaching these forums for a little while and came across this Art Center thread and was hoping you guys could answer a few questions for me. I was wanting to know a little bit about housing and how you guys handle it, so here's my questions.
    Is Pasadena a very expensive place to live in and if so, would it be cheaper to live a few miles out further away from the college.
    Also, from what I've heard about the school's work load and on this forum from you guys, holding down a fulltime job (40+hrs. a week) while going to school is extremely hard and not really recommended, so, my question here would be, how do you afford housing, is it reasonable to take out enough in student loans to also include housing and not only tuition. Is this how you guys do it.
    I would greatly appreciate any info you guys could give.

Thanks

Thanks
    First off if you have friends or family in the LA area, see about staying with them. Housing isnt impossible, it just almost definately, requires a loan. Pasadena rent is about the same as everywhere else in LA area i believe. I live about 20 minutes away from art center, the drive isnt bad at all. As for work, working a full time job is close to impossible while in school. I had a class with someone who was doing that last term. Lets just say his work suffered. When he had it done, that is. Personally, im pulling a weekend job doing caricatures, and its been working out just fine so far, not too much hours, so i have time for hw, and im still getting to draw. not to shabby. Anyways thats just my 2 cents.

Gino
    http://www.whitehallstudios.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Artcade77
    Is Pasadena a very expensive place to live in and if so, would it be cheaper to live a few miles out further away from the college.
    Also, from what I've heard about the school's work load and on this forum from you guys, holding down a fulltime job (40+hrs. a week) while going to school is extremely hard and not really recommended, so, my question here would be, how do you afford housing, is it reasonable to take out enough in student loans to also include housing and not only tuition.
    My financial aid doesn't exceed tuition and I was pretty picky the last few times I tried to find an apartment in the area so I still commute almost two hours to school. Try Eagle Rock and Glendale. I do have a few classmates commuting from Hollywood. Pasadena used to have good deals a couple of years ago but the housing bubble has let it be on par with the rest of the region (not as bad as the Westside, though). The Office of Student Life offers an EZ Rentlist and a weekly printout of available rooms for rent or share.

Thanks
    Thanks for the replies guys.
    HellTaxi, thank you for info about working. A part-time job seems to be the route to take while in college, and it's cool that you are using your art that way, very smart. As for a loan to pay for housing, thats just what I was thanking.
    Jellybean, thanks for the info about where to look, will definately look into those areas, and more. Traveling some distance isn't that bad either, if it's for some quality education (which Art Center certainly seems to be from what I here). Anyway, I'm used to traveling some distance to college, an hour and a half to be exact.
    Thank again for the info guys, I really appreciate it.

Thanks

housing

i'm 2 miles from the school and pay 500 a month. the extra sleep is a big help.
    borrow whatever you need to live, it may be difficult to work

Thanks
    Thanks for the reply Dionysusnyc, 500 a month, thats not bad at all, is that for the whole place or is that from splitting the cost with someone.
    Anyway, thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

Thanks
    i have a room in a house, shared with 4 other roomates. it's fine, considering that im working all of the time anyway

Thanks
    im also wondering about apartments down there, are there apartment complexes nearby? or do most students generally get houses? is it very hard to find roomates either?

Thanks
    I skimmed through all the things mentioned in this thread but i find no topic on the essay part of the app process. I am appyling as an undergraduate and I'm almost done with my essay (The first part is around 300 word and the second is around 100) Is there a word limit for the first question about the three artists who have influenced you the most...? i ask this because I am afraid if I typed too less. I want to send in all my apps by this week(every thing is done just the essay part) D: hope some1 helps out
    thx

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leealex_2005
    I skimmed through all the things mentioned in this thread but i find no topic on the essay part of the app process. I am appyling as an undergraduate and I'm almost done with my essay (The first part is around 300 word and the second is around 100) Is there a word limit for the first question about the three artists who have influenced you the most...? i ask this because I am afraid if I typed too less.
    If you send in your application, keep in mind that the school will send you a letter asking you for your portfolio. The content of your essays matters more than the length. I don't know about admissions more than the fact that your essay and portfolio are important. In counselor interviews, portfolio work is the primary concern.

A nice example is at http://www2.artcenter.edu/acsg/news/...p=04aug19a.htm

Page 24 of 155 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 74 124 ... LastLast
  • 424,149 Artists
  • 3,599,276 Artist Posts
  • 32,941 Sketchbooks
  • 54 New Art Jobs
Art Workshop Discount Inside
Register

Developed Actively by vBSocial.com
SpringOfSea's Sketchbook