Page 22 of 135 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 72 122 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    I was wanting to know how good Art Center's Illustration program is and how it stacks up to other colleges, from a students perspective. I'm going to visit the college this summer but just wanted to know how any of you guys/gals thats in the program or are familiar with it feel about it. I really try to go towards a photo reallistic approach when I'm painting or drawing and just wanted to know if the program stresses or discourages this kind of method also. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    Hey guys, I was curious what Strickland teaches for Analysis of form. Madden isn’t teaching Analysis of form so I was curious how Strickland differs from Houston? What can I suspect to learn from Strickland/Houston?

Thanks
    Artcade77: art center's illustration foundation all about classical training. Which means drawing and painting as close to the original object/person as possible. So you should have no problem getting used to it. I can't really tell you how the school compares to other institutions since I've only visited a couple, but quite a few teachers here mentioned that after teaching around other schools, they found art center still pocesses the best students in comparison.

poly_cube: I thought madden teaching analysis, at least for this term. I think strickland is more easy going as a teacher. The next closes thing to madden is probably Steve Houston's class, him and madden both use the same teaching materials (though i've heard some stories about that guy).

Thanks
    Artcenter student here too. I am graduating in three weeks... holy shit. Oh god.... looming debt.... must find work!
    --------------
    Wickedness is a myth invented by good people to account for the curious attraction of others.

My Blogspot

www.cannibalcandy.com

Look at the monkey wh0re himself out:
    http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=78819

http://www.conceptart.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44658

Thanks
    great stuff on your site cannibal. doubt you will have problems finding work.

Thanks
    hey all, cool thread

a while ago i really really wanted to attend art center, it was like a dream for me to get in and move to california and go and attend and learn loads and stuff.
    but then due to money, and the fact that i live all the way here in the UK and no finacial aid and my work and stuff, that dream sort of dissapered

but lately i've been thinking about it again, and i thought why shouldnt i atleast try?
    so yeah, i've been talking to i.was.ink and im gonna attend one year of art school here in london (starting this september) to give me a chance to beef up my portfolio (which is next to nothing right now) and then apply for fall 2006

so anyway, just wanted to say hi, get myself known round here ^-^
    maybe later in the year some of you allready attending could help me out with my portfolio.

ooh also, sometime later this year i plan to visit LA/pasadena, and visit art center and a few other places like laafa (although they dont do degrees, which is important as i wonna live and work in the US) so that should be fun ^-^

peace all
    » sketchbook
    » blog
    » website

(First rule of Pocket Club...)

Thanks
    hello all...

I got accepted into AC's illustration program and I was wondering if there is anyone here that's attending with little or no transfer credits and/or is right out of high school...
    right now I'm still a senior in high school and getting ready for college, but I've heard that the best thing to do would be to get your liberal arts and sciences out of the way before you go to AC, or else its an impossible amount of work.

anyway, any thoughts on this would be appreciated... and depending on how things go, maybe ill see some of you there... ha...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangerousllama
    right now I'm still a senior in high school and getting ready for college, but I've heard that the best thing to do would be to get your liberal arts and sciences out of the way before you go to AC, or else its an impossible amount of work.
    Even though our catalog states “All studio and liberal arts and sciences transfer credit must be finalized by the end of the student’s first term at Art Center” we have not enforced the policy. In reality, we have even encouraged some students to take a term off and attend another college. Looking at our long term goals and in preparation for our next accreditation review we have decided to implement enforcement of this policy – but only for NEW students starting in Fall 2005 and after. All current students will continue to be able to attend other schools and transfer appropriate courses back to Art Center College of Design.
    Last edited by jellybean; April 7th, 2005 at 08:34 PM.

Thanks
    i came straight out of high school too, 2nd term currently, but im taking summer off to take some academics, i checked with the school and they'll transfer those credits. its tough, and i would recomend doing community college first, i personally wish i did.

Thanks
    acctually upon checking my email, it looks like their transfer credit policy has changed. all entering students that came in this term and come in after, will not be allowed to transfer credits after they are enrolled in artcenter. if you were admitted before spring of 05, you will still be allowed to take terms off and take classes at community colleges. Studio credits cannot be transfered.

so, i definetly recomend taking a few years at a JC

Thanks
    If an entertainment design major was created, what classes would you include? Should it even be split up into tracks??

Thanks
    the entertainment major better get its kick off this fall lol, if not i think everyone here would be quite disappointed. Personally I dont think it should be split into tracks, there're only so many different things a concept designers could do (characters, vehicles, environment, modeling etc). Besides, having heard from alot of many different people (and my personal perception) a good concept artist should be very versatile. Being able to draw only characters or only cars just wouldnt get you very far in today's competitive market.

On the classes side, I think instructors are already formulating their own cirriculum for this major (if it becomes one). So i doubt there is much to be worrying about.

Thanks
    ive gotten into the illustration degree, but i want to come down one more time to check out the school and see an open workshop and the student work. are the summer terms good for that or are there not many students attending the summer terms. when would be a good time to come and see the school before the fall term starts?

if they did make an entertainment design degree would it be possible to switch over from illustration?

Thanks
    they have drawing workshops everyday during school so you can visit that if you want. Otherwise you could just walk into classes in session to check things out, most teachers dont mind that. As for entertainment switching any major would require a whole new set of portfolio.

Thanks
    do you think there would be many crossover classes? or would you have to start from scratch?

Page 22 of 135 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 72 122 ... LastLast