Page 22 of 155 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 72 122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Artcenter Thread - like, omg!

Thanks
    Temple University/ Tyler School of Art has an awesome Study Abroad program in Rome. I just got back December 12th. It is open to students from other colleges, the application process just a bit more involved if you don't go to Temple. There I met some great people who are studying at MICA, NYU, and other schools. They offer classes in Painting (private studio work with crits) Sculpture, painting on paper, Drawing, "Rome sketchbook" (on site sketchbooking class) Photo, Printmaking (the shop is AMAZING!!!) Architecture and on site art history classes. There is an interesting blend of students b/c there are also liberal arts and business classes taught there.

Study Abroad - http://www.temple.edu/studyabroad/Pr...Rome-intro.htm
    Tyler - www.temple.edu/Tyler
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

2. Hide this ad by registering as a member
    Thanks
    First-termers, what was your gpa or grades? Sure you may have survived, but how did you do??

Thanks
    i did ok..got a 3.4
    but i felt i got screwed by limrite for head drawing..he made some personal comments about my work and made some empty promises regarding grades
    he seems ncie but i didnt expect him to make personal comments liek that, very unprofessional : |
    more hard work next term i guess

Thanks
    I did pretty much the same.

I was looking through the course evaluations and the facilities rating from the painting classes bothers me. What could they do to make those studios better? Uh, should the school make taborets available instead of us converting art horses and stealing stands from other rooms? (My main comment was add track lighting!)

Thanks

Question Waver test for Digital Design 1

I was wondering if anyone has taken or passed this waver test? Was it complex or straight forward? I know the test covers illustrator, photoshop, vector vs. bitmap, typography, and color output for print and web. I'm curious to know what other people thought of the test. Thanks!

-peace-

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scufie
    I was wondering if anyone has taken or passed this waver test? Was it complex or straight forward? I know the test covers illustrator, photoshop, vector vs. bitmap, typography, and color output for print and web. I'm curious to know what other people thought of the test. Thanks!

HAHA Scufie wants a cheat sheet.

but seriously. I do too.

Thanks
    I wish it was a hands on skills test, i know i could pass that kind of test. I just hope it's multiple choice and not fill-in-the-blank, since i'm quite the educated guesser.
    anyhow, good luck tomorrow.

Thanks

Lightbulb ha ha ..naaa not meee

Well, I’m rather confused by two papers that I got from art center concerning the waver exam. On the Orientation To Computer Classes paper there is a section that says:

Regarding The Test: 1. If you have taken a computer imaging class at another college and it appears on a transcript you supplied to us with a grade of “C” or better, AND you pass our test, we will grant you transfer credit (3 credits counting toward your Art Center Degree).

BUT … ON

Sheet #2
    I have a transfer credit evaluation (yellow) sheet that has credit accounted for Design 1 already in the Studio Exemption Based on Transfer Credit section. (I am guessing that this transfer credit is still up in the air until I pass their test). I feel that I still have to take the test because it said, “AND you pass our test, we will grant you transfer credit (3 credits counting toward your Art Center Degree)”.

The big question!
    So, even though I have a piece of paper saying that I have credit for the design 1 class, do I still have to take the waver test?

I guess I’m going to call the school and ask them to clarify my confusion because the test is tomorrow.

-peace-

Thanks

Thumbs up thanks!

Good luck to you as well!

The test is multiple-choice and taken either written format or online in a monitored session. I believe the written format is a scantron sheet with a #2 pencil.

Thanks
    So, even though I have a piece of paper saying that I have credit for the design 1 class, do I still have to take the waver test?

I guess I’m going to call the school and ask them to clarify my confusion because the test is tomorrow.
    Yes you have to take the waiver test before you get the studio credit transferred. In your case you don't have to waste your time trying to find a class to substitute and waive it with (that's what the test proctors will tell you before the test). I went through that already last term and I'll be telling you that at Enrollment if you show up tomorrow.

Oh yeah, if you don't get the results e-mailed to you by the next day or you took the written exam, just go back to the computer lab to check your grade.
    Last edited by jellybean; January 12th, 2005 at 01:53 PM.

Thanks
    -peace-
    Its straightforward. Just a tip: Check the board to see which station not to sit on. I took the second computer I saw and because of weird computer test issues, I had to take the written exam because the answer was being chosen for me (turns out I was watching other people take their test through an admin computer or something) so I couldn't be sure I was going to get credit. The question that messed me up was about fiery output. I didn't take the class at Art Center so we didn't learn about that in computer graphics. You'll also need to know something like which storage media is most stable, like a CD vs. hard drive or zip...

Thanks

Cool correcting myself

after reading the through the book i found my mix-up. i have transfer credit for design 1, but not for Digital design 1. So i will have to take the test. No biggie. haha ...

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jia
    i did ok..got a 3.4
    but i felt i got screwed by limrite for head drawing..he made some personal comments about my work and made some empty promises regarding grades
    he seems ncie but i didnt expect him to make personal comments liek that, very unprofessional : |
    more hard work next term i guess
    since limrite is one of my favorite instructors i feel somewhat obligated to defend him hehe... i think he's known to be a 'nice guy' but harsh grader or critiquer (that a word?). obviously i don't know what the 'personal comments' were and it's not really any of my business but again i feel i gotta vouch for the guy since he's really quite cool. feel free to pm me if you want to discuss it further.

cheers,
    steve

Page 22 of 155 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 72 122 ... LastLast